George S Halas Interview Circa 1975

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bearfacts
MVP

Wow, if you're an old guy like me this is golden. Long time Chicago sportscaster Jack Brickhouse interviews 80 year old George Halas about the old Bears teams, the current Bears team, league issues, and even Halas' hopes for a new stadium to be built in the very near future. That hope got smashed pretty quickly as the Bears continued to play in Soldier Field then just as they do now. Enjoy!! :toast:

It's a shame the sound was lost through some of it because apparently Halas had some other stories to share that will have to remain a mystery.

Look at that office though or maybe it was a conference room. Old green filing cabinets. Piles of papers and boxes with papers strewn everywhere. My guess is those are the original offices on Dearborn St. in downtown Chicago. It's a far cry from what Halas Hall which was built in 1997 probably looks like these days.
Bearfacts
MVP

More on Halas and the Bears......

Bearfacts
MVP

How the Bears vs Packers Rivalry Began.......

Bearfacts
MVP

Bearfacts wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:14 am More on Halas and the Bears......

There's some brief but great shots of the old East River Stadium and the original City Stadium in Green Bay before it was renamed Lambeau Field in honor of Curley Lambeau. When I was living in Green Bay during the '70s long after Lambeau Field had been built East River Stadium became the field for GB East HS which was located right next to the stadium.

I lived just a half mile away and along with my buddy John a group of us would gather there on a Saturday morning to play flag football games which were anything but non-contact.....LOL. I also used to shoot over there with a couple of footballs and a kicking tee and practice FGs. The field is still there but much has changed since 1971-72.