Who gets more takeaways, Jackson or Brisker?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Who gets more takeaways this year?

Eddie Jackson
44%
Jaquan Brisker
56%

Total votes: 18
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

It's dead news time. Answer poll and discuss.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Since Brisker is in the plans for the next 4 years at least, I picked Brisker.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Yeah Brisker, whilst they both have something to prove, Ejax had last season under McNagy and that will have scrambled his brain somewhat.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I think Brisker will play the role that Amos did and based on what I'm reading Jackson will go back to roaming deep like he did early in his career.

I think Flus is going to have this defense shock a lot of people and play better than last year's unit. I don't understand the hate so many are giving the defense. Sure we lost Hicks, Mack and Goldman from last year. But last year they weren't a horrible unit and those guys contributed very little. I think the guys we have can at least match what they gave us and likely do more. Plus the addition of Brisker and Gordan to the secondary is going to be huge. That doesn't even take into consideration it appears Thomas has seized control over the nickel spot. Last year you could have said he was the tallest midget at that spot and it meant very little. But he beat out one of the better nickels in the NFL so that spot should be much improved as well.

Lordly, I went way off topic didn't I. :boxing:

Back to the post at hand. I think Jackson will once again thrive as he will be in a system and with a coach that uses him to maximize what he can do. I'm calling it right now - he will be back for '23 on his current contract and we will all be thrilled to have him back.
dplank
Hall of Famer

They were pretty bad Ark, 22nd out of 32 is poor. And, they were worse after those injuries than before. So if comparing the Mack/Hicks-less version, it’d be even a bit lower than 22nd.

I expect improvement as well but worry teams are gonna run on us.
IE
Hall of Famer

I voted Brisker because even though I HOPE Eddie returns to '18 form and exceeds TO expectations instead of completely missing them. But in my heart I sort of think that he got paid and is not the same player because he got paid. So he's out there running around and such but he lost the edge that makes the difference when it comes to turnovers. I think he'll look a bit better in a more friendly scheme, and even play a bit better. But I also think he'll still be phoning it in a bit, and that will pop onto Flus' radar during Eddie's last season on the Bears. Just my take.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I expect improvement from aJackson with Brisker playing in the box. But I’m thinking, between fumbles and INTs, Brisker will get more.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Jackson is too often a shitty tackler. I hope he will benefit from Flus's scheme and coaching but I am not optimistic.

Brisker gets my vote.
Last edited by o-pus #40 in B major on Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Heinz D.
MVP

Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:50 pm I think Brisker will play the role that Amos did and based on what I'm reading Jackson will go back to roaming deep like he did early in his career.
Jackson was "roaming deep" plenty last year. Re-watch game footage if you doubt me.
Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:50 pmI think Flus is going to have this defense shock a lot of people and play better than last year's unit. I don't understand the hate so many are giving the defense. Sure we lost Hicks, Mack and Goldman from last year. But last year they weren't a horrible unit and those guys contributed very little.
There was an article that just came out, which Sports Mockery re-posted, that claimed the Bears defense will struggle because they lost Hicks, Goldman, and Mack. What a load of steaming horseshit.
Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:50 pmBack to the post at hand. I think Jackson will once again thrive as he will be in a system and with a coach that uses him to maximize what he can do. I'm calling it right now - he will be back for '23 on his current contract and we will all be thrilled to have him back.
If Jackson becomes a good player again, it's because his problems were entirely mental, and Eberflus has put the fear of being cut into him.

And I don't even know if it's probable that's the entirety of it all.
dplank wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:57 pm They were pretty bad Ark, 22nd out of 32 is poor. And, they were worse after those injuries than before. So if comparing the Mack/Hicks-less version, it’d be even a bit lower than 22nd.

22nd out of 32...in what? What are these rankings you're talking about? I'm legit confused.

And the loss of Hicks and Mack means nothing. They contributed next to nothing, their subtraction should mean about as much. That's why they're on other teams right now.

Also, switching to the 4-3 should improve the run defense.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I wanted to say Jackson. I really, truly did. But I couldn't. For one reason. No 3 technique. We simply don't have a legit talent in that key position. If we did, I could see the pass rush making some noise with Quinn and an inside rush. And the pass rush was an important factor in Jackson's monster year. When you're throwing under pressure, you make mistakes. And with Jackson's speed in a scheme that plays to his strength, he could certainly pick off a good number of balls. But if the pass rush isn't forcing the issue that much, then the nod goes to Brisker, who will intercept a couple of throws AND be in a position to punch some balls loose. That's my guess.

But if we're all wrong and Jackson is making big plays again, we'll all be very happy campers.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
rtd
Practice Squad

dplank wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:57 pm They were pretty bad Ark, 22nd out of 32 is poor. And, they were worse after those injuries than before. So if comparing the Mack/Hicks-less version, it’d be even a bit lower than 22nd.

DP cmon brew, who didn't run on us last year? Lane Tech high school? That aside, Adding to the backfield is a huge plus for this year. Most of the NFL have been going to 3 and 5 step drops ,get rid of the ball quickly type of offences. Dlines creating pressure or adjustments are becoming more main stay needs than total sacks. Don't get me wrong ,sacks and turnovers are game changing but with short drops by the QB negate alot of that . But great coverage is the equalizer and hopefully they show up huge this year.
UOK
Site Admin

I voted not Eddie Jackson, since he's still on my shitlist until he proves otherwise.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:23 pm I expect improvement from aJackson with Brisker playing in the box. But I’m thinking, between fumbles and INTs, Brisker will get more.
He didn't clarify the poll. Is a forced fumble a takeaway? Or is it a fumble recovery that's the takeaway? So I voted Jackson as having more interceptions. He'll also have more pick sixes. But Brisker will have more FFs and Ints combined. Probably not have many FRs. Jackson will probably have those too. I mean when Brisker knocks the ball out, somebody has to recover it right? :welcome:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I was counting a forced fumble (live on, Peanut Punch!) as a takeaway if Brisker forces it. I concur that Jackson comes up with more INTS.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
IE
Hall of Famer

I think a forced fumble that goes into a Bear's hands is a takeaway.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

But is that on the guy that forced the fumble or the one who recovered it? Didn't Eddie Jackson have a fumble recovery six? Maybe it was called back? Does that count?
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I think its eddie Jackson. Not because I have high Hope's, but because hes a vet. Generally rookie statistics are really hard to predict and any positive contribution is a plus. Jackson has all the cards in his favor to try and have a big year.
IE
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:34 pm But is that on the guy that forced the fumble or the one who recovered it? Didn't Eddie Jackson have a fumble recovery six? Maybe it was called back? Does that count?
I think for this purpose it could be either. Either way it is being in on a turnover, and deserves some credit. I don't think that will change the results of the poll.