Bears now worth 5 billion

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

That's it. That's the Tweet

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

And that's with those idiot McCaskeys owning the team and outdated Soldier Field.

The move to Arlington Heights and if owners with actual material in between their ears buy that team besides air will double that number.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

If they build a campus in Arlington Heights, with a new stadium, museum, etc. They'll jump another billion or two.
Cartman
Practice Squad

Someone get to the McCaskey's quick and tell them to....

docc
Head Coach

..will they take Capitol One ?
Ready..
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:50 am And that's with those idiot McCaskeys owning the team and outdated Soldier Field.

The move to Arlington Heights and if owners with actual material in between their ears buy that team besides air will double that number.
Very possible. I wonder, though, if they were to develop AH with housing, retail, etc. they would retain some % for future income. The stadium would be sold along with the team.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:39 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:50 am And that's with those idiot McCaskeys owning the team and outdated Soldier Field.

Very possible. I wonder, though, if they were to develop AH with housing, retail, etc. they would retain some % for future income. The stadium would be sold along with the team.
If it were me I would never sell my stake in the team. Ever. Let alone after the move to AH.

What other business could a person own that would be more worthwhile than that? Open up a family money based private equity firm? I don’t know.

As long as the McCaskeys own that land they have a stake in whatever gets built on it simply because they are landlords. I don’t see the McCaskeys owning the Hilton, Hooter’s, or the bars or condos. They’ll get a massive income stream as landlords instead. Then a secondary revenue stream from whatever other events that stadium hosts.

I’m excited as hell about this. It’s going to massively transform the Event experience in Chicago. Can’t wait.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I don't see what incentive they have to sell the team. They already have more money than they can actually spend living off the current 5B valuation. And if they did cash out, what other asset could they buy that would appreciate in value at the rate of an NFL team right now?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:35 am I don't see what incentive they have to sell the team. They already have more money than they can actually spend living off the current 5B valuation. And if they did cash out, what other asset could they buy that would appreciate in value at the rate of an NFL team right now?
And also the tax bill on the capital appreciation of their shares.

The McCaskeys are about to have their wealth double over the next five years and have a crown jewel level event attraction site that will last a decade or more for top tier events.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 pm
dplank wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:35 am I don't see what incentive they have to sell the team. They already have more money than they can actually spend living off the current 5B valuation. And if they did cash out, what other asset could they buy that would appreciate in value at the rate of an NFL team right now?
The McCaskeys are about to have their wealth double over the next five years and have a crown jewel level event attraction site that will last a decade or more for top tier events.
But knowing the McCaskey's and their lack of vision. They'll give up on the property, and take one of the City of Chicago's offers to convert Soldier Field into the ugliest dome stadium ever recorded, because it will save them a couple hundred million in the short term.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:38 pm
But knowing the McCaskey's and their lack of vision. They'll give up on the property, and take one of the City of Chicago's offers to convert Soldier Field into the ugliest dome stadium ever recorded, because it will save them a couple hundred million in the short term.
That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Then in the ultimate troll maneuver, after Rodgers retires, the Packers move down to Arlington Heights and open Title Town in the new stadium and surrounding area.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I was talking to a couple from Arlington heights today. Apparently the McCaskey’s have been buying up all of the property around the racetrack. Paying well over appraised value in order to get people to give up their land/buildings. Anyone still wondering if this is happening or not…it’s happening.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

And also the tax bill on the capital appreciation of their shares.

That’s why I see some of it being sold after Virginia passes away. Whoever receives the shares she had will be able to sell with the step up ito the current value. I have no idea what percentage she owns but let’s just assume it’s 40%. Those shares get passed on to George and whoever else. They could agree to sell half of what she had (20% of the total shares) and they would split $1 billion ( please read with the voice of Dr. Evil) and get it tax free.

I’ve read where the family basically has no real assets other than the team so I think something along this line will happen to give them some liquidity.