Bears receiving (and taking) calls for Jenkins

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

At this point the only way he's on the roster is due to injuries in front of him that are worse that whatever his thing is. its so disappointing.
xyt in the discord chats
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Hmm

xyt in the discord chats
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

On the CHGO podcast here at 1:04:58, Nicholas Moreano reported that in the locker room he asked Tevin Jenkins how the game went for him. Jenkins' reaction was "I had to trust my back". That alone completely changes my view on the whole Tevin not practicing deal. He fundamentally admitted there that his back is a problem and it's fair to assume THAT is why he's been out.

If nothing else, we (have rightly) dispensed with trade talk. And I hope we're all happy with that. I sure am.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:26 am
dplank wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:29 am No one knows what's actually going on, if he's being a disruptive asshole then suspend him. If he's not, coach him like his college coach did. If he's just a poor fit, trade him for fair value. There's plenty of options here.
I mean your stance is all well and good, but we kinda do know what's going on based on the information at hand. The Bears don't want him. It really doesn't matter why they don't. But he is very obviously not part of the plan at this moment.

Could there be a miraculous turnaround and he and the Bears get on the same page over the next few days and he comes in and lives up to his potential? Sure, I suppose. But based on how things are currently going, history is not on his side. If there's a turnaround, it'll likely be with a different team.
Whoops. If only someone had cautioned you all that he might actually have been hurt 😳
wab
Mod

I had a whole retort ready for you, but you asked me to be a better mod.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 pm I had a whole retort ready for you, but you asked me to be a better mod.
As a former message board mod, this response is rather amusing. :thumbsup: :-D
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 pm I had a whole retort ready for you, but you asked me to be a better mod.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural