2022 Monsters of the Midway League MOTML Sign Up

For you fantasy football weirdos and degenerate gamblers

Moderator: wab

BBF
Player of the Month

The Monsters of the Midway Fantasy Football League (MOTML) league has been a Fantasy League that has been comprised of only Bears fans from our forum for 20 years.

This is just the sign up thread for EXISTING members of the league. Existing members may post here to reaffirm participation. There are 16 members of the league. If a member or two decide to retire from the league we will be happy to post here and ask new members if they would like to join. It is a fun, full keeper league of only Bears fans with lots of history.

Thank You,
BBF

46blitz - IN
mouse - IN
BBF - IN
IE - IN

Umbali - IN
Arkansasbear - NEW
The Kaiser - IN
Wance1 - IN

PSUmtj112 - IN
dabearsfan - IN
Bad Flanders - IN
dplank - IN

BearsFanInMN - IN
Atkins&Rebel - IN
Darkside Devotee - IN
AlshonIsTheBest - IN

Bill Swerski - OUT
Last edited by BBF on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
dplank
Hall of Famer

In
dabearsfan
Practice Squad

In
IE
Hall of Famer

I'm in. @BBF did you see my other post from earlier in the year? I'll paste it here.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
IE
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:27 am
IE wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:48 am

Hey All,

Don't know where else to put this - so here it is:

I thought the league was fun this year (although quite painful from a team rebuilding standpoint... lol). I'm interested and wondering if anyone else would be interested in making it a money league starting next season, even if it was small dollar (like $25 a person).

Here's what I'm thinking: The league itself doesn't have to be a money league, and it doesn't have to be taken on by the league leaders. The money side of it could easily be derivative and handled separately, and only the people who WANT to be in it can be in it. I'd be happy to volunteer to collect and hold funds and then pay out at the end. It think it will add a little more excitement to people who want to participate while not changing anything for those who don't.

Here's the way it would work:
- Agree on the amount (I propose $25 each)
- I think any 2 or more participants would even be fun - but ideally at least 4-5 and the more the better.
- Payment through Paypal or Venmo before week 1 or participants miss the boat for that year.
- Teams NOT in the money league would simply be ignored for this purpose, and payouts only going to participants based on final team standings.
- "Money Trophies" go to 1st and 2nd places (75% and 25% of pot). And then with 5 or more people we could also add a 3rd place and allow the 3rd place to get their money back.

I guess this is a formal invite from me to create this derivative group. Think about it (and respond with questions/suggestions) and I'll remind everyone next summer that I'm going to facilitate this if we get enough takers.

Thanks, and have a good offseason!

Eric K (IE)
Past the draft now... anybody see this & perhaps interested?
IE
Hall of Famer

Also - my first pick is up for trade again. I'm rebuilding and don't want to pick too low so needs to be someone who's willing to trade a good player and a reasonably high pick for the rights for a top pick.
Last edited by IE on Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
dplank
Hall of Famer

What's the draft order? I might trade with you depending on where I draft
IE
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:14 am What's the draft order? I might trade with you depending on where I draft
I was thinking I was first because of the final standings. But not sure if it goes by record or standings so I updated my post.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I'm also in full rebuild mode, but at least I've got Fields who should deliver some value this year
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

Usual Suspects are in.
IE
Hall of Famer

The Kaiser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:11 pm Usual Suspects are in.
In the money group?
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Crusaders are looking to not get spaced this year. We're back!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Umbali
MVP

sorry didnt check in here. yes im in
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
BBF
Player of the Month

We are waiting on just 2 managers to respond.

Wance1
Bad Flanders

If they haven't responded in some why by next week I'll open up those teams to new members.
Umbali
MVP

Our league is in ESPN right? Wanted to log in and see our results and teams from last year. However nothing is showing up when I log into ESPN. Maybe its because I am drinking but am is there a link to our league?
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

If you are logged in to your ESPN(Disney) account, you should be able to go to fantasy and then football and do league history. I normally use the ESPN fantasy app so I have to go select football first.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Umbali
MVP

Nevermind. I forgot I set up a new profile just for this league
BBF
Player of the Month

Correction: Bad Flanders has responded. Arkansasbear is taking Bill Swerski's (Total Tank) team.
Bad Flanders
MVP

IE wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:39 am
The Kaiser wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:11 pm Usual Suspects are in.
In the money group?
I’ll do the money thing
dplank
Hall of Famer

I’d do the money thing too, either way is fine
IE
Hall of Famer

Cool. Looks like only 3 of us right now (Plank, Flanders, me). It doesn't seem like most people in the league are on the site here to see the option - but I did send an email to all & got zero replies. I'm copying some again here to double-check.

I would like to get it to at least 2 more, so we could do 100 to the winner and 25 (entry $ back) to 2nd place. If we get more, I think the best way to go is 75% / 25%. If it was a lot of people maybe insert a 3rd place to get the entry $ back.

So if you know of anyone who might want to join in, remind them of the option. @Umbali @BearsFanInMN @BBF @Atkins&Rebel @The Kaiser @dabearsfan

My team is gawd-awful. I have CEH as my top RB and he's not even top 20. But that's OK because none of my WRs are in the top 20 either! LOL!

Anyway.... let me know, guys. I'll set up a separate thread here eventually and I think entry fees can come in any time up to kickoff of game 1 of the season.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Called out and have a damn near red eye flight. So my rebuild against others for $25 to see who sucks less? Only because I like the new blood IR and Plank have put in the league I’ll say yes.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
IE
Hall of Famer

BearsFanInMN wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:55 pm Called out and have a damn near red eye flight. So my rebuild against others for $25 to see who sucks less? Only because I like the new blood IR and Plank have put in the league I’ll say yes.
Yeah - I mean you and I don't have a prayer at winning! LOL But it's only 25 and adds just a little more spice.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I've been in a money league for years with a bunch of guys from my home town. There's 12 of us, every year we put in $20 each. We've all taken our turns at winning a little and losing a lot and in the end it's probably all been a wash, you lose $20 for 5-6 years then you get lucky and take first or second and get to take the wifey out to dinner, then you go back to losing $20... it's all good and makes it even more fun as far as I'm concerned.
IE
Hall of Famer

BBF wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:06 pm The Monsters of the Midway Fantasy Football League (MOTML) league has been a Fantasy League that has been comprised of only Bears fans from our forum for 20 years.

This is just the sign up thread for EXISTING members of the league. Existing members may post here to reaffirm participation. There are 16 members of the league. If a member or two decide to retire from the league we will be happy to post here and ask new members if they would like to join. It is a fun, full keeper league of only Bears fans with lots of history.

Thank You,
BBF

46blitz - IN
mouse - IN
BBF - IN
IE - IN

Umbali - IN
Arkansasbear - NEW
The Kaiser - IN
Wance1 - IN

PSUmtj112 - IN
dabearsfan - IN
Bad Flanders - IN
dplank - IN

BearsFanInMN - IN
Atkins&Rebel - IN
Darkside Devotee - IN
AlshonIsTheBest - IN

Bill Swerski - OUT
Hey BBF - We going to get going on this soon?
Umbali
MVP

In for 2023, when can we go look at our teams in ESPN to start plotting? lol
IE
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:35 pm In for 2023, when can we go look at our teams in ESPN to start plotting? lol
BBF needs to re-start the league for '23 on Yahoo. He did it last year in early July, I believe. But it does make sense to do earlier especially if there is a need to find new players, if that is necessary. There's been turnover of 2-3 people every year from what I've seen in the last 2 years.

I'd STRONGLY prefer the league let ownerless teams just dissolve, and get down to a normal number of teams for a dynasty league (which is max of 12). Just let the players from abandoned teams go into the draft with the rookies. 16 teams is sort of ridiculous. It dilutes the quality of teams, reduces incentives to trade, and effectively leaves little or no options for making changes during the season via FA. Much of FF comes down to luck but 16 teams really makes it the emphasis. I think most people don't have the patience to take years to rebuild an abandoned team, and with the current rules (especially keeping FOURTEEN players - which is hoarding) it takes 2-3 years to turn a team around. That's too long. We're not getting younger! lol
Bad Flanders
MVP

I'm cool with a slim down if need be, good with either way. This is a hard league if ANYTHING goes wrong with just about any starter, that's for sure.
Umbali
MVP

Yah a slim down would be fine with me as well. If not I am also cool
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

I'm also fine with making some changes to the league structure. I'm ok to keep things as they are but a smaller league is fine too. I'd also be fine with a transition to Superflex over time, TE premium scoring eventually, IR spots and Taxi squads too. I'd also like to see us with a league that allows for more offseason transactions too.