Preseason 1 // Bears vs. Chiefs

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

RichH55 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:15 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:53 am

McNagy is our secret weapon for this game and that dumbass doesn't even know. Almost like a Manchurian Coach.

Now watch Mahomes not be able to hit the broad side of a barn with his throws and throw to the wrong read constantly.
This is a joke right?

Tough to tell
MICHAEL!!!!

IE
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:16 pm
dplank wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:06 am Who will be this years Ryan Nall or Jesper Horsted?
Ooooh...good question. I'm saying Ebner or VJJ.
You think the 3rd round pick that the team absolutely needs to have make an instant impact this season... might be a preseason hero type? :o :?
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
bholmes5
Rookie

Looking to swap full season parking pass for South Lot for a full season of Waldron Deck.
Bill 847-274-3776
1billyholmes@gmail.com
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

bholmes5 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:35 am Looking to swap full season parking pass for South Lot for a full season of Waldron Deck.
Bill 847-274-3776
1billyholmes@gmail.com
WALDRON DECK TWO DOLLAH EXTRA!

TWO DOLLAH!!!!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:56 am
bholmes5 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:35 am Looking to swap full season parking pass for South Lot for a full season of Waldron Deck.
Bill 847-274-3776
1billyholmes@gmail.com
WALDRON DECK TWO DOLLAH EXTRA!

TWO DOLLAH!!!!
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

Billy won't be joining us any longer.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

docc wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:28 pm Welp...wife's birthday is 8/13..so...NO PROBLEM..I contacted an attorney...oh wait..it's Peeseason Game 1 and..it's early game all good !

Dinner is on..:)

I was worried I'd miss the insane cheering for the Nagus return
One of my best friends from law school is in Chicago, if things go south, let me know and I'll put you guys in touch.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:28 pm Welp...wife's birthday is 8/13..so...NO PROBLEM..I contacted an attorney...oh wait..it's Peeseason Game 1 and..it's early game all good !

I've been late to or missed weddings, baptisms, funerals, birthday parties, you name it. For the Thanksgiving games I either don't go to Thanksgiving or I sit by myself in a room somewhere and watch the game.

I see those people 52 weeks a year. Most of them don't even really like me.

Football is only four months out of the year. People should plan their family events accordingly and utilize the other 8 months of the year and stop being so selfish.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

The Soldier Field turf is apparently in even worse condition than usual for this time of year.

Santos isn't best pleased: "“Especially Week 1, our first game of the season — I’ve seen better."

I hope it doesn't lead to any injuries to Bears players. Enough of them are out as it is at the moment and this team isn't exactly loaded with quality depth.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:24 pm

I've been late to or missed weddings, baptisms, funerals, birthday parties, you name it. For the Thanksgiving games I either don't go to Thanksgiving or I sit by myself in a room somewhere and watch the game.

Football is only four months out of the year. People should plan their family events accordingly and utilize the other 8 months of the year and stop being so selfish.
My brother had the nerve to get married on a night when the Bears were playing the Rams. He was embarrassed by this. His wife didn’t care. They did end up getting divorced down the road….
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:59 pm The Soldier Field turf is apparently in even worse condition than usual for this time of year.

Santos isn't best pleased: "“Especially Week 1, our first game of the season — I’ve seen better."

I hope it doesn't lead to any injuries to Bears players. Enough of them are out as it is at the moment and this team isn't exactly loaded with quality depth.
Reason #63 why the Bears would be absolute morons not to move to Arlington.
docc
Head Coach

UH..my wife had me in her LaMaze class.. I sat behind her of course..1988.. I had a Sony Watchman propped up behind her..all good until Bears scored..and I yelled ""Fuckin A"...
I heard about that for awhile..so daughter born 10/13/88

I was late for Babtisim..as Bears went into OT..but made "The Graduate" entrance.. :evilgrin:

SO repeat..La Maze again..old Watchman..not so much screaming but son born 10/14/90

PS..I lived my first 25 years in Chi..U of I Alum and returned to grad school there and final at Northwestern.
Went on the road for years..next wife #2 and current still, is from TUCSON..BUT wears her Bear clothes..is a rabid Bulls fan..and Cubs..and loves her Blackhawks hoodie. She has a large selection to choose. My kids slept in #34 or #51 or #40 or #46 AND OTHERS..

There is a Sox hat here somewhere..

She is Chicagoan by injection..:)

PLUS..I gots the Direct TV Max..
Still have the Watchman as a keepsake..
south pacific
Rookie

I wondering how I’m going to watch this here in Honolulu.

We are five hours behind Chicago time which means that the game starts here at 7 am.

None of the bars or even the Buffalo Wild Wings are open this early.

If anyone has any suggestions I’d be very grateful.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:17 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:24 pm

My brother had the nerve to get married on a night when the Bears were playing the Rams. He was embarrassed by this. His wife didn’t care. They did end up getting divorced down the road….
Yeah that marriage had Bad Ending written all over it.

I'm blessed in that my wife is also a Bears fan although more casual as opposed to the lunacy we participate it. ;)

She watches the games with me and gets into it.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:14 pm UH..my wife had me in her LaMaze class.. I sat behind her of course..1988.. I had a Sony Watchman propped up behind her..all good until Bears scored..and I yelled ""Fuckin A"...

I was late for Babtisim..as Bears went into OT..but made "The Graduate" entrance.. :evilgrin:

SO repeat..La Maze again..old Watchman..not so much screaming but son born 10/14/90

PS..I lived my first 25 years in Chi..U of I Alum and returned to grad school there and final at Northwestern.
Went on the road for years..next wife #2 and current still, is from TUCSON..BUT wears her Bear clothes..is a rabid Bulls fan..and Cubs..and loves her Blackhawks hoodie. She has a large selection to choose. My kids slept in #34 or #51 or #40 or #46 AND OTHERS..

I totally hear you about the Watchman and that was a smart move. I did the same thing with a Walkman when my best friend's sister was getting married and I sat in the back of the church listening to the game.
IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:32 am
docc wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:14 pm UH..my wife had me in her LaMaze class.. I sat behind her of course..1988.. I had a Sony Watchman propped up behind her..all good until Bears scored..and I yelled ""Fuckin A"...

I totally hear you about the Watchman and that was a smart move. I did the same thing with a Walkman when my best friend's sister was getting married and I sat in the back of the church listening to the game.
I had a walkman in my pocket and a very well concealed earpiece in my ear during my own wedding ceremony on Jan 7th 1995, and listened to the beloved get trounced by the Niner the entire time other than when we exchanged vows. She knew and didn't mind because we both thought the whole exercise was silly. It was the second round of the playoffs!

9 months later both the attending physician and I watched the Bears beat the Panthers in our private hospital room while my wife delivered our daughter. She didn't care then either, as she was quite intensely busy. I tell my daughter to this day she was born during a Bear game.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Lol I remember that game well. I was working at a liquor store and had the game on a small tv behind the counter.
docc
Head Coach

south pacific wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:53 am I wondering how I’m going to watch this here in Honolulu.

We are five hours behind Chicago time which means that the game starts here at 7 am.

None of the bars or even the Buffalo Wild Wings are open this early.

If anyone has any suggestions I’d be very grateful.
$20.00 a month every game on local TV. I had NFL Pkg from the first day..but when they raised the cost I used Clean Streams

https://cleanstreams.tv/billing/cart.php

They broadcast LIVE games just like you live in the city. Also whatever else on broadcast TV from MANY cities. NO CONTRACT too.

Also..get on Discord chat where we all talk live.. But no more "goats" DAMMIT
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

A little bit of information for the game courtesy of the Sun Times:
Bears coach Matt Eberflus said last week that his starters, including quarterback Justin Fields, would play Saturday. This week, he gave a specific number of snaps: around 15-20.

Five projected starters are likely to sit: Montgomery, tight end Cole Kmet, cornerback Kyler Gordon and defensive tackle Angelo Blackson have all been held out of practices because of injuries. And, of course, Smith.

Other regulars unlikely to play because of injuries are receivers Byron Pringle, Velus Jones, N’Keal Harry and David Moore; cornerbacks Kindle Vildor, Tavon Young, Thomas Graham Jr. and Greg Stroman; tight ends Ryan Griffin and James O’Shaughnessy; and defensive linemen Angelo Blackson and Mario Edwards Jr.

With the Bears down so many players, keep an eye on rookie running back Trestan Ebner, cornerback Lamar Jackson, tight end Rysen John and veteran receivers Dante Pettis and Tajae Sharpe.

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... s-saturday
Putting N'Keal Harry in the 'unlikely to play' list is a bit ridiculous given it's been reported that he's having surgery and it's obvious Pringle is out too.

I hadn't realised just how many players are injured. It's going to present really good opportunities for others to make their case for making the roster and/or bigger roles.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I’m excited to see the rookie OLine guys. Three guys in particular. Braxton is listed as starter at LT. Ja’Tyre Carter is backup RG. Doug Kramer, who I’m higher on than most, is 3rd team center.

As for defense, Kyler and Jaquan of course, but I excited to see what Dominique Robinson can do. With only 14 games as a DE, I imagine he’ll get a buttload of reps. Poles got some real talent in this draft.
artbest01
Crafty Veteran

IMO, and I hope I'm dead wrong, Fields is likely to be running for his life today. I can see Reid doing a "solid" for his friend Matt Nagy by having his DC overwhelm a still gelling, modestly talented oline with heavy pressure. Fields may not complete a pass in what figures to be two quick 3 and outs.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Bears 31
Chiefs 21

:clap:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

SgtPerry
Journeyman

Oh gosh!
First guy I see on the field, Nagy in Chiefs outfit.
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

In the first 2 drives for each Eddie Jackson still doesn't want to wrap up. Tonga is showing some development. Fields to Mooney is looking nice! Braxton Jones is showing some decent movement and tenacity.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The OL still looks like crap.

On the plus side, I don't think Brisker got the memo that this is an exhibition game and I'm totally fine with that.
karhu
Head Coach

Love that he shut down that last drive, then gave himself pushups for not making a near-impossible interception.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
karhu
Head Coach

The o-line's...still coming together. But at least it's heartening that it was so obvious when Coleman subbed in for Jones. Not everyone can make fans say "Hey, that's not our fifth-round rookie, that's some dogshit first-rounder."
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

DAZZ
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Dazz got a regrettably terrible neck tattoo?

I love him even more
karhu
Head Coach

RustinFields wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:05 pm Dazz got a regrettably terrible neck tattoo?
You mean he passed up a memorably ennobling neck tattoo?