ex-Bear Steelers

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Trubisky fairly good
Daniels severely abused

Mitchell Trubisky was 4/7 for 63 yards (9.0 Y/A) with 1 TD, 0 INT, and a 126.8 passer rating.

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:19 pm Trubisky fairly good
Daniels severely abused

Mitchell Trubisky was 4/7 for 63 yards (9.0 Y/A) with 1 TD, 0 INT, and a 126.8 passer rating.

About like I figured, I think Mitch’s ceiling is much higher than Daniels, which isn’t saying a lot. Daniels regressed a lot the last couple seasons.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Good luck to Mitch, he was treated like shit by McNagy.

I still think he’s a classic “pre-season baller” because when it REALLY counts he melts.

Good Luck Mitch :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

wab
Mod

And Anthony Miller is out for the season...

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

It's interesting to see how former players of your favorite team do on other teams. I'm actually surprised it's taken several days for there to be a Trubiskey thread after the Steelers 1st preseason game. Do I wish him success to show how stupid the Bears were in how they treated him? No, really don't care. That happens in sports, guys playing better after they leave the team which drafted them. It doesn't show how stupid the original team was, too many factors for why a guy might not succeed on a team.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

If Biscuit is in a play action offense that allows him to run and roll out a few times, he can be effective. If you get down and need to rely on the kid's arm to drive you down the field while facing pressure, he'll melt.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

There's a part of me that feels bad for all the crap he took for being overdrafted and underdeveloped by a very bad brain trust. So I wish Mitch well for his sake.

Daniels I loved coming out of college. Not sure if it was you're a C let's put you at G because you're not loud enough to call out schemes or what, but I wasn't interested in keeping him at that price after last few years of watching games.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:32 pm If Biscuit is in a play action offense that allows him to run and roll out a few times, he can be effective. If you get down and need to rely on the kid's arm to drive you down the field while facing pressure, he'll melt.
IDK, the double doink drive looked pretty dang good right up to the point parkey clanked it.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Anthony Miller's shoulder just couldn't hold up in the NFL. Sucks for him, he flashed as a rookie and I thought he was gonna be a really good player. Oops.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 am Anthony Miller's shoulder just couldn't hold up in the NFL. Sucks for him, he flashed as a rookie and I thought he was gonna be a really good player. Oops.
I feel like it wasn't the main reason though.
wab
Mod

Miller gave me Steve Smith vibes and I was really excited about the pick. Alas...another in a long line of "what if" players.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:55 am Miller gave me Steve Smith vibes and I was really excited about the pick. Alas...another in a long line of "what if" players.
Yeah, I liked the pick also although didn't Pace give up draft picks to move up for him?
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 am
wab wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:55 am Miller gave me Steve Smith vibes and I was really excited about the pick. Alas...another in a long line of "what if" players.
Yeah, I liked the pick also although didn't Pace give up draft picks to move up for him?
Oh, of course
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

wab wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 am And Anthony Miller is out for the season...

Same shoulder problem he had fixed when he was a Bear? Same shoulder issue he got drafted with? I guess shoulders are to Wide Receivers what backs are to Tackles.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
wab
Mod

Once you dislocate a shoulder, it can be come a chronic thing that happens with less force/impact every time after that.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 am Anthony Miller's shoulder just couldn't hold up in the NFL. Sucks for him, he flashed as a rookie and I thought he was gonna be a really good player. Oops.
The guy really put in the work to get his career back on track too. He was ripped.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Steelers list Mitch Trubisky No. 1 on depth chart; QB also named a team captain

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-list- ... am-captain
I can't help but wish him the best.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Another indictment of McNagus
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Well in his Steelers debut, Trubisky didn't put up stellar numbers or really do enough to take advantage of all the turnovers his defense had but he didn't throw any interceptions and when the chips were down in overtime he twice put his team in position to win the game.

I caught the end of that game after the Bears finished off the 49ers. When the first field goal doinked off the upright I was thinking 'here we go again, the kid just can't catch a break'. Then the Bengals missed a chip shot and Trubisky did it all over again, this time coming away with the victory.

I don't usually pay much attention to other teams, especially outside of the NFC North, but I'm genuinely curious to see how Trubisky gets on after being 'Nagified'.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

RustinFields wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:18 pm
Mitch just replies, scoreboard.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:57 pm
RustinFields wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:18 pm
Mitch just replies, scoreboard.
How can someone claim that a QB who turned the ball over five times was more efficient than one who didn't turn it over at all? By that measure Jay Cutler must have been super efficient against the Packers. :roll:
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Marc Sessler has bumped Trubisky up nfl.com's QB index:
Rank 24
Up 6

“He did not blink,” Mike Tomlin said. “(He) made the necessary plays in the waning moments. I’m appreciative of his efforts.” Behind a suspect offensive line, Trubisky went turnover-free in a wild win over the Bengals. His mobility arguably saved the day for Pittsburgh on a daring escape act and overtime rope to tight end Pat Freiermuth. Trubisky has been pitched all along as a game manager – a stopgap – for a team hoping to win games the old-fashioned way. This version of Mitchell looks far more comfortable than the jittery fellow we witnessed in Chicago.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-w ... n-rankings
docc
Head Coach

I like Mitch..but this is quite a familiar stat for the start of a game
Mitchell Trubisky
4/6 18 0 1int
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Still staring down primary receivers as well. He has to come thru now. He needs to look somewhere other than #18.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Trubisky finished with another lacklustre set of statisitics:
21/33 (63.6%), 168 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 73.8 passer rating

The interception was typically awful. Not only did he fail to read the defense, he somehow failed to notice a defender directly in this throwing lane. That defender couldn't hold the ball but the huge deflection popped up to another.

It was difficult to see on the TV coverage, but when Trubisky had time in the pocket he rarely seemed to have any medium to deep options open and ended up checking the ball down an awful lot which resulted in a paltry 5.1 ypa.

Ultimately the difference in the game was that Mac Jones' receivers made some big time catches (the first TD catch was brilliant), the Steelers receivers missed some (one Trubisky 3rd down throw hit the receiver in the face mask) and the Steelers' punt returner muffed one which the Patriots recovered with the offense capitalising by scoring the winning TD.

Trubisky was then denied the chance to lead a comeback when on third down the officials didn't throw a blatant PI flag when the Patriot defender, with his back to the ball, hit the receiver before the ball arrived and never even turned his head to look back for the ball.

The Steelers offense looks like it needs a spark. I don't think Trubisky will be the starter for much longer.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The Steelers line is playing atrocious football. I don’t know if anyone will have any success behind it and their running game is struggling as well.
docc
Head Coach

Trubs doing well tonight.. Great WR one handed catch always helps,,no shit
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:56 pm Trubs doing well tonight.. Great WR one handed catch always helps,,no shit
You just had to say that and curse him docc! :lol:

The second half did not go well.

Final stats:
20/32 (62.5%), 207 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 81.1 passer rating
Heat rising for Trubisky. Everyone knew this was a big game for Mitchell Trubisky. And he started out pretty hot, completing eight of his first nine passes -- with a big assist from George Pickens -- and a rushing touchdown, leading the Steelers to a 14-13 halftime edge. He mostly attacked the sidelines and avoided the middle of the field, true to his scouting report. The Browns couldn't stop it at first, but the Browns made necessary second-half adjustments and forced Trubisky to look more inside. It didn't go well. The Steelers opened with back-to-back three-and-outs, and the Browns turned a one-point deficit into a 23-14 lead. The Steelers made it three straight three-and-outs before Trubisky led the team on a late field-goal drive. To be fair, not everything was Trubisky's fault. While the Steelers threw the kitchen sink at Myles Garrett, the Browns star pass rusher eventually broke through in the second half. The receivers were guilty of a few third-quarter drops, and offensive coordinator Matt Canada abandoned the run game after a certain point, too. But it's hard not to wonder, with a semi-bye this week, whether the Steelers will start mulling a switch to rookie Kenny Pickett, even though Mike Tomlin shot that idea down quickly after the game.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-seaso ... n-thursday
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

it's just the same shit with Mitch:

OC's being forced to cut the field in half.