NFL Network- Dallas Cowboys Season Kickoff?

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Hero
Player of the Month

Why in the hell do the Cowboys get a hour show just for them? Then to top that off the show after that is a high school football game titled the Jerry Jones Classic. This is favoritism to the max. I can see if it is a local network broadcast but this is on the NFL Network. WTF?

I know I'm a cowboy hater but am I wrong here?
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Yeah, I've always been a cowboy hater, too...Jerry Jones Classic?
Hero
Player of the Month

:frustrated: Network Schedule
ON AIR
Dallas Cowboys Season Kickoff
The Dallas Cowboys kickoff the 2022 season with a celebration hosted by Michael Irvin.
11:00 PM
Rockwall High School vs. Cedar Hill High School
Jerry Jones Classic. From Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Tex.
:frustrated: :flick: :sick:
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Between Michael Irvin and the kids put me down for the Classic. ;)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Jerry Jones has A LOT of pull in the NFL right now. More than any other owner. All he had to do was go to Goodell and say, give me this highlight of the Cowboys or I'll do this (whatever), and Roger was going to give it to him.
G08
Hall of Famer

Hero wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:36 pm Why in the hell do the Cowboys get a hour show just for them? Then to top that off the show after that is a high school football game titled the Jerry Jones Classic. This is favoritism to the max. I can see if it is a local network broadcast but this is on the NFL Network. WTF?

Isn't Jerry Jones the founder, or at least part owner, of NFL Network?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

The reason is money.

Jerry Jones is one of the most powerful and influential people in professional sports.

This via an Athletic article surveying 26 NFL agents:

“Hands down, without a doubt, No. 1, and anyone who says otherwise is an absolute idiot. Jerry Jones is the shadow commissioner of the National Football League. … He has made more rain for more owners than any man in the history of professional football in America. He single-handedly backstabbed Dean Spanos and the Chargers organization with what he did for Stan Kroenke in the Rams deal, which was obviously in the best interests of the NFL. He’s made Roger Goodell his puppet. He’s involved intimately in almost every marketing deal that the NFL has done over a billion dollars. And he has brought the windfall to all of these owners.”

https://theathletic.com/3539313/2022/08 ... s-jackson/
wab
Mod

Jerry Jones also damn near funds high school football in it's entirety here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. He pours so so much money into these communities that it's not surprising that they have games named after him.

He's also the chairman of the NFL owned and operated media committee...which includes the NFL Network and RedZone
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Yep - plus there is a lot of downtime on the NFL network
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

They are "America's Team." :frustrated: :frustrated:

I'm smack dab in the middle of Cowboy country. The only good thing is one of my good friends holds a "Senior Director" title with them, so can get good seats for the Bears game this week.
wab
Mod

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:33 am They are "America's Team." :frustrated: :frustrated:

I'm smack dab in the middle of Cowboy country. The only good thing is one of my good friends holds a "Senior Director" title with them, so can get good seats for the Bears game this week.
Same. I'm about 2 miles from The Star.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:18 am
Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:33 am They are "America's Team." :frustrated: :frustrated:

Same. I'm about 2 miles from The Star.
You have ti worse than I do then. My dislike of them of has lessened over the years. Likely because despite having a ton of talent they still don't do much post-season wise. Because of that their "fans" don't say as much.

The worst was when they exploded with Aikman and crew and everyone would tell me how they ALWAYS supported the team and went to games EVERY year. I tended to go once a year when they sucked to watch some team I liked and could get great seats and then would move to even better seats that were empty. NO ONE was at the games.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I can simultaneously dislike Jerry Jones with the fury of 1000 suns, and still know he's made the NFL and its owners a ton of money.

They love him for it. Hell, I might too, in their shoes.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
otis
Pro Bowler

i do take an absurd joy in watching them lose in the playoffs. that dismayed look of "this isn't supposed to happen" on all of the cowboys always makes the bears season not hurt as much
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

otis wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:18 pm i do take an absurd joy in watching them lose in the playoffs. that dismayed look of "this isn't supposed to happen" on all of the cowboys always makes the bears season not hurt as much
:toast:
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Hero wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:36 pm Why in the hell do the Cowboys get a hour show just for them? Then to top that off the show after that is a high school football game titled the Jerry Jones Classic. This is favoritism to the max. I can see if it is a local network broadcast but this is on the NFL Network. WTF?

Yeah, I hate the Cowboys so much, I wish threads on only them were kept to the NFL General Discussion forum and not placed in Halas Hall. I don't need to see this shit and I really don't care. Fuck the Cowboys. :rtfm: :censor:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Lived for almost 20 years in Texas. It was hard as a Cowboys hater to see how they were treated. Loved it when they had their hearts snatched away in the Ice Bowl. Then they fell so low, fired Tom Landry, got sold. Unfortunately they bounced back with a vengeance with Jimmy Johnson but then mananged to f* that up when Jones couldn't stand all the attention his coach was getting and they parted ways, with Dallas not winning a Super Bowl since Switzer with Johnson's players.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Hero
Player of the Month

Yogi da Bear wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:16 am

Yeah, I hate the Cowboys so much, I wish threads on only them were kept to the NFL General Discussion forum and not placed in Halas Hall. I don't need to see this shit and I really don't care. Fuck the Cowboys. :rtfm: :censor:
Great point. They don't deserve a thread here. Move it!
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:38 am Jerry Jones also damn near funds high school football in it's entirety here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. He pours so so much money into these communities that it's not surprising that they have games named after him.

He's also the chairman of the NFL owned and operated media committee...which includes the NFL Network and RedZone
He bought my last company just to bring pro football tech to youth sports - he’s WAY into youth sports.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

dplank
Hall of Famer

hahaha AZ...

I can't help myself. It's NFL football, tonight, and I'm friggin excited! And what a game! Will be rooting for the Bills tonight and will be real curious to see how the Ramrods use ARob. Should be a doozy.
wab
Mod

Yeah, I have pretty much structured my whole day around football tonight.
Hero
Player of the Month

Freaking Bills. WOW
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Jerry’s grand opening game didn’t work out so well. They got housed by Tampa, and Dak has to have surgery on his thumb.