Cowboys @ Giants

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well we face both of these teams sooner than later. Giants next week, and Cowboys in week 8.

Both of these teams have the potential to be pretty good, or just bad. Cooper Rush is proving to be a viable back-up for Prescott. Micah Parsons is a load, and has the ability to wreck a game singlehandedly. The Giants are rejuvenated with their new coach Brian Daboll, and it appears that Daniel Jones is already benefitting from the same coach that helped Josh Allen make the leap.

Neither of these teams are a pushover, and we can get some good scouting in tonight.

I'm guessing the Cowboys win this game on the back of their defense.
Xee
Site Admin

Interesting that the Cowboys have Jason Peters at left guard.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Interesting how well Cooper Rush, the backup QB, has performed filling in for Dak.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:30 am Interesting how well Cooper Rush, the backup QB, has performed filling in for Dak.
Their offense isn’t new and broken, so they can have a QB step in and produce. Our offense is both new and broken, the passing game just isn’t in sync at all. I wouldn’t be looking to trade Fields for Rush, there’s more to it than just QB play IMO.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:29 pm
Grizzled wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:30 am Interesting how well Cooper Rush, the backup QB, has performed filling in for Dak.
Their offense isn’t new and broken, so they can have a QB step in and produce. Our offense is both new and broken, the passing game just isn’t in sync at all. I wouldn’t be looking to trade Fields for Rush, there’s more to it than just QB play IMO.
Rush has been with the 'Boys for 5 years so he's versed in their offense. He's played a few NFL games also. Besides, if the Bears were going to trade for someone, it would have to be Minshew ....
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Rush's play shows how much Dak is over rated and over paid. j/s
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:58 pm
dplank wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Rush has been with the 'Boys for 5 years so he's versed in their offense. He's played a few NFL games also. Besides, if the Bears were going to trade for someone, it would have to be Minshew ....
As the Prophecy has foretold.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:12 am
Grizzled wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:58 pm

It's pretty frustrating being a Bears fan. I liked the Fields pick but was more on board with the Bears trading a pick (5th? 6th?) for Minshew instead. In lieu of that and keeping their draft picks to fill holes.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:31 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:12 am

It's pretty frustrating being a Bears fan. I liked the Fields pick but was more on board with the Bears trading a pick (5th? 6th?) for Minshew instead. In lieu of that and keeping their draft picks to fill holes.
Last year when we paid Andy Dalton $10M there were people here that rightfully lost their shit.

Then compare and contrast against trading a 6th for Minshew, who is on a rookie deal, and is a QB who is actually on the ascension.

I don't think Pace was even smart enough to think of that. He and McNagy were also in crisis mode about keeping their jobs and for whatever reason they thought the Dalton-Lazor Connection was going to save their careers.