Week 3 // Bears (1-1) vs Texans (0-1-1)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:50 am
IE wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:25 am Last night the Giants couldn't stop the Rush.
I see what you did there.

You're right. They couldn't stop Cooper, or the Dallas pass rush. But the Dallas pass rush, led by Micah Parsons, is one of the best in the league. Ours is not. We couldn't even get pressure on Davis Mills.
How do you know what they were trying to do, or what the plan was? It is entirely possible (and looks like) they were a bit more intent on stopping the run this week and giving Davis a little more and daring him to beat them. And then he threw two interceptions.

It was closer than it should have been.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:33 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:50 am

I see what you did there.

You're right. They couldn't stop Cooper, or the Dallas pass rush. But the Dallas pass rush, led by Micah Parsons, is one of the best in the league. Ours is not. We couldn't even get pressure on Davis Mills.
How do you know what they were trying to do, or what the plan was? It is entirely possible (and looks like) they were a bit more intent on stopping the run this week and giving Davis a little more and daring him to beat them. And then he threw two interceptions.

May I?

I’m eagerly awaiting, and we already may be there, where people who are declaring Fields to be a disaster have to reinforce that belief by saying that the TEAM itself will also be a disaster and therefore we will lose games. Even against puds like the Giants.

If we aren’t there yet already with the mindset. We certainly are approaching the Event Horizon of that black hole.
IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:42 am
IE wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:33 am

May I?

I’m eagerly awaiting, and we already may be there, where people who are declaring Fields to be a disaster have to reinforce that belief by saying that the TEAM itself will also be a disaster and therefore we will lose games. Even against puds like the Giants.

If we aren’t there yet already with the mindset. We certainly are approaching the Event Horizon of that black hole.
The Bears are a deep value stock right now. The share price is beaten down from not just a bad statement or two - but all the windsock analysts have turned on them as well. There's fear in the market. People can sell and short JF1 and the overall team all they want - but I'm buying.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:40 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:25 am

You just said we aren't beating the Giants if our QB has a rating under 30. Well ummmmm ok.

Maybe some people think Fields has a better than 30 rating next week?

Cooper Rush had a rating of almost 100 against them last night and the Giants gave up about 175 yards on the ground.

What was I supposed to see?
Right now Cooper Rush > Justin Fields. The Cowboys OL is head and shoulders above where the Bears OL is. Do I think we can rune the ball against the Giants? Sure. But their defense will do what others have done. Drop back and make Justin beat you with his arm. If he goes 8/17 106 0 2 again, then they were right to do so. The Bears are not winning if he puts up numbers like that.
Cowboys are certainly not the OL they used to be
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:00 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:42 am

May I?

The Bears are a deep value stock right now. The share price is beaten down from not just a bad statement or two - but all the windsock analysts have turned on them as well. There's fear in the market. People can sell and short JF1 and the overall team all they want - but I'm buying.
Just remember that we were called the worst team in football or something to that effect yet here we are.

The offense is in the shitter and we are 2-1 with our hardest game behind us and a month’s worth of winnable games on the horizon.

The HITS principle is paying off. You see it with the LBs and the secondary. The resurgence of EJax. D-Rob acknowledging that studying the opposing player has paid off.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This is the team from Major League. NFL Edition.

In over their heads. No names. Whatever you want to call them. Yet don’t tell them that. They’ll knock you into next week.

I love this team. I’m proud as hell of them and it’s Week 3. This is night and day from McNagy and even still the offense blows.

If / when the offense wakes up, we will not lose a game.

This is a playoff team. I can totally see us getting in via Wild Card and next year the league better stock up on canned goods, bottled water and DNA Force 5000 because after Poles upgrades us with that $100M in cap space we’re going to kick the shit out of people.

So I said it. So it will be done.
IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:42 am
The PASSING offense is in the shitter....
Fixt
Middleguard
MVP

If you weren't at the game you probably never realized what happened in the 4th qtr. Just before the Bears turned things around, it started to drizzle. I think precipitation may be the Bears' secret weapon.

Your scores for game 3:
2 VA_Mountain_Bear
8 southdakbearfan
14 UOK / Mikefive
18 LacertineForest / HisRoyalSweetness
24 Burl
26 pus / Z Bear / Middleguard
74 WiNDycityfan / Grizzled / dplank
86 Moriarty
96 IE
98 Richie
114 crueltyabc