Dahmer On Netflix

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Netflix posted a show about Dahmer recently and this thing is pure gold.

I’m three episodes in or so and horror shows or movies don’t creep me out anymore. However the guy who plays Dahmer needs to win an Oscar or a Tony.

Pretty much every minute of the three episodes I have been creeped out of my mind. The show does a great job of making you feel uncomfortable with a sense of dread and it does it constantly.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Saw several of the episodes witth the wife. I agree about the guy's acting, it's top notch. Stopped watching, though, I just can't get into watching a series about a subject like this, especially after having seen so much about it after he was caught.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Burl
Crafty Veteran

Wish we could've incorporated this post into The BFO Great Food, Recipe and Eating thread.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Burl wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:18 am Wish we could've incorporated this post into The BFO Great Food, Recipe and Eating thread.
Okay, I'd nominate this for a post of the year.
wab
Mod

I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but I'm definitely interested. I'm fascinated (and horrified at the same time) by what makes people like this tick.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Finished Episode 4 last night.

Probably the most uncomfortable hour of TV I've ever watched.

But DANG is this show great.
Xee
Site Admin

Knowing who he is and what he did, this is one of those things I'd rather not not learn any more about. Pass for me.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Finished this a few days ago.

What an outstanding series. Reading about it online I’ve learned that there were quite a few liberties taken by the writers about some things that are societal / political topics so I will not get into specifics.

However, it was an A+ show.

Episode 6 is a heartbreaker and one of the saddest hours of TV you’ll watch, but kudos to everyone who was a part of that one.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Used to work with a guy in the Seattle area who lived up the road from the Green River Killer. My co-worker never had interaction with him but kind of freaky to think about.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:32 am Finished this a few days ago.

What an outstanding series. Reading about it online I’ve learned that there were quite a few liberties taken by the writers about some things that are societal / political topics so I will not get into specifics.

Episode 6 is a heartbreaker and one of the saddest hours of TV you’ll watch, but kudos to everyone who was a part of that one.
I'm on episode 4. So far so good, but it's a little on the slow side.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I know a person who met him in prison visiting her brother and a few others.

Maybe it's because I lived around milwaukee during the time but none of the show was that unique to me. The actor did a good job. I'm not opposed to murder shows. I just wasnt to captivated.
spiepiealamode
Rookie

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:32 am Finished this a few days ago.

I just started watching this myself and it was really good. It makes me think how we need to be careful nowadays. It's a normal thing to meet someone online and you want to be careful to check out who you're meeting the best you can so you know they're not someone with a known record or something like that.