Hmmm..Fields bad game..but Wilson and Herbert ?

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

Not much here by either QB with MUCH higher paid O lines and experienced talent..

Fields like stats except for Justin's legs scrambling away from our scrub line..
Justin Herbert
36 56 229 0 1 65.3 + Rushing Justin Herbert 2 9 4.5 5 Total Yds 238

Russell Wilson
15 28 188 1 0 86.6 + Rushing Russell Wilson 4 23 5.8 10 Total Yds 211

Justin Fields
14 27 190 1 1 71.5 + Rushing Justin Fields 12 88 7.3 39 Total Yds 278

Fields gets ass raped by sports writers as not NFL quality.. Wilson and Herbert ??
Herbert and Wilson did at least as bad but not had to run for their life all game...

" Lousy Fields" but tonight comments "Great Defense"
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Post Of The Day.

The only thing missing is a Mic Drop gif.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Justin Herbert
1716 6.7 257 170 66.2 10 3 93.1
Russell Wilson
1442 7.3 198 116 58.6 5 3 83.4
Justin Fields
869 7.6 115 63 54.8 4 5 72.7

Fields had a comparable week

Herbert is having a good year and has had a good career (97) so far
Wilson is having a subpar year, but has been a 100+ stud for his career

We're expecting 1 "tie" week to suddenly change the way we talk about them?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Yeah, good call, Mori.

The body of work of the other two tends to outweigh their bad week.
Fields hasn't earned that benefit of the doubt.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:47 pm Justin Herbert
1716 6.7 257 170 66.2 10 3 93.1
Russell Wilson
1442 7.3 198 116 58.6 5 3 83.4
Justin Fields
869 7.6 115 63 54.8 4 5 72.7

Fields had a comparable week

Herbert is having a good year and has had a good career (97) so far
Wilson is having a subpar year, but has been a 100+ stud for his career

We're expecting 1 "tie" week to suddenly change the way we talk about them?
The Good Doctor brings up a point about other factors at play.

Instead of knee jerking BUST BUST BUST BUST, some deeper investigation is always needed.
wab
Mod

I can't recall one single post outright calling Fields a bust. Concerns are warranted, but I don't see where any conclusions have been drawn.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:22 pm I can't recall one single post outright calling Fields a bust. Concerns are warranted, but I don't see where any conclusions have been drawn.
No, not “outright”

Just

“approaching a bust”
“Looking more like a bust every week”
‘Being very bust-y’
‘if he doesn’t change the narrative he’s a bust’
‘Unless something changes dramatically he’s a bust’.

Not all from RichH either ;)
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

As of right now on Mikefive's poll we have 11 people who have voted, "His star plays are tantalizing, but not enough to compensate for his mistakes. At least not yet." and then another 6 who have voted, "He needs to show significant improvement or we're QB shopping in 2023"

They don't say the WORD, but it's there.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:41 pm As of right now on Mikefive's poll we have 11 people who have voted, "His star plays are tantalizing, but not enough to compensate for his mistakes. At least not yet." and then another 6 who have voted, "He needs to show significant improvement or we're QB shopping in 2023"

It's not there IMO. What they say is if he doesn't improve he will be a bust. Each of those votes has important language in them - "At least not yet" and "He needs to show significant improvement OR ..." I tend to agree with both of those statements (as to the QB shopping thing, I think it's arguable if that's the best move they could make (again I don't think so), but clearly if he doesn't improve from what he has done thus far, it clearly has to be a topic of conversation for the team). IF he keeps playing at the level he is currently at and IF he continues to put up the number he has, I don't think you can say his career will be anything other than a bust. I've been pretty vocal about him needing to pick it up. But I'm also one of the ones who says / thinks he can do that. At this stage of his career NOTHING is written about how his overall career will be viewed. He could be Josh Allen, Phil Simms, Mike Vick - guys who started out ROUGH but pulled it all together and their overall careers were great (again that's making an assumption of Allen, but he sure looks the part now) or he could be like a ton of other 1st round picks who just never panned out for whatever reasons.

So when people say he needs to step it up or he will be a bust, I don't take that as he is or will be a bust. At least that is what i mean.

I don't see the "Fields haters" you do. I everyone here wants him to succeed and I think most think he has the ability to succeed. They just want it now.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:45 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:41 pm As of right now on Mikefive's poll we have 11 people who have voted, "His star plays are tantalizing, but not enough to compensate for his mistakes. At least not yet." and then another 6 who have voted, "He needs to show significant improvement or we're QB shopping in 2023"

It's not there IMO. What they say is if he doesn't improve he will be a bust. Each of those votes has important language in them - "At least not yet" and "He needs to show significant improvement OR ..." I tend to agree with both of those statements (as to the QB shopping thing, I think it's arguable if that's the best move they could make (again I don't think so), but clearly if he doesn't improve from what he has done thus far, it clearly has to be a topic of conversation for the team). IF he keeps playing at the level he is currently at and IF he continues to put up the number he has, I don't think you can say his career will be anything other than a bust. I've been pretty vocal about him needing to pick it up. But I'm also one of the ones who says / thinks he can do that. At this stage of his career NOTHING is written about how his overall career will be viewed. He could be Josh Allen, Phil Simms, Mike Vick - guys who started out ROUGH but pulled it all together and their overall careers were great (again that's making an assumption of Allen, but he sure looks the part now) or he could be like a ton of other 1st round picks who just never panned out for whatever reasons.

So when people say he needs to step it up or he will be a bust, I don't take that as he is or will be a bust. At least that is what i mean.

I don't see the "Fields haters" you do. I everyone here wants him to succeed and I think most think he has the ability to succeed. They just want it now.
We also don't know how the team will evaluate him. Nor do we know if they're more willing to give him more time because of not furnishing him with any weapons this year.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?