Dan Snyder looking like he'll sell the 'Ders

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

wab
Mod

I don't think there was really any other viable option.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Guys don't want to sell because it's such an ego trip to be the owner of an NFL team. From what I've been reading, the other owners wouldn't be taking this stand because of Snyder's conduct but because he might have defrauded the other teams from their share of revenues. Nothing gets their dander up more. I believe it would take an unanimous vote of the other owners but am having problems finding corroboration.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Please don’t let Elon buy them.

That’s my fantasy for if the McCaskey’s sell.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:14 pm Please don’t let Elon buy them.

:puke:

Not Elon Musk? My goodness the man is #1 prick of the millennium.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:31 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:14 pm Please don’t let Elon buy them.

:puke:

Not Elon Musk? My goodness the man is #1 prick of the millennium.
I love him because of the whole eccentric billionaire thing. He’s a genius. Maybe a mad genius, but still a genius. His interviews are also very interesting.

I’m deliberately avoiding commenting about Twitter because that’s got to violate the rules.

I’d love to see what he’d do with a sports team. First team of Terminator robots? Lol. Who knows?

Imagine if he designed the new stadium? I’d love to see the drawing of that.
wab
Mod

I don't care if the devil himself buys the Bears as long as they win.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I hope he keeps them. The more dysfunctional other nfl teams are the better the chance the bears have.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Well I’ll have to respectfully disagree with TMP and wab.

I don’t think it’ll happen either way so I’m not going to get agitated about the idea :D
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Heinz D.
MVP

wab wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:52 am I don't think there was really any other viable option.
There isn't. He's been caught paying to have other owners spied upon, and other such nasty things.

The other owners aren't going to stand for that.
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:09 pm I love him because of the whole eccentric billionaire thing. He’s a genius. Maybe a mad genius, but still a genius. His interviews are also very interesting.

I’m deliberately avoiding commenting about Twitter because that’s got to violate the rules.

I’d love to see what he’d do with a sports team. First team of Terminator robots? Lol. Who knows?

Imagine if he designed the new stadium? I’d love to see the drawing of that.
Why would you wish all that nonsense on the Bears?

Hope he buys the Vikings, or something, instead?
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

LMAO at Elon being a genius
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

RustinFields wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:10 pm LMAO at Elon being a genius
Objectively he is. His IQ score is a few notches above mine. Safely in the genius category.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

by the Attorney General of DC yesterday, which was expected. What wasn't expected, however, was that Roger Goodell was named as a co-defendant for allowing Snyder's actions to continue. Could be the end of Roger as commissioner.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

More about SuperDouches Daniel Snyder and Roger Goodell:

https://www.aol.com/dan-snyder-reported ... 40361.html

ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. reported on Tuesday that three (now former) Commanders minority owners accused Snyder of fraud and misusing company funds after he took out a secret $55 million loan in 2020 without telling them about it. Commissioner Roger Goodell then allegedly refused to investigate the fraud and misuse of funds when the partners pointed them out in an arbitration petition.

This questionable loan is now at the center of federal prosecutors' probe into the Commanders financials, according to Van Natta. A grand jury has issued subpoenas for Commanders financial records, including anything related to the loan, and they've already obtained a number of other documents like emails and letters. And this is all happening while Snyder is attempting to sell the team for a record-breaking $7 billion.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Heinz D.
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:24 pm And this is all happening while Snyder is attempting to sell the team for a record-breaking $7 billion.
Waitaminute...isn't $7 billion not only "record breaking", but straight up goofy?
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Now it comes out that Snyder may have taken out an illegal $55M personal loan from the team. How much will other owners tolerate before they vote to force him to sell the team? He's already been accused of not paying visiting teams their full share of game revenues and if anything motivates NFL owners, it's getting their full share of monies.
spudbear
MVP

In this age of diversity, the Redskins will probably be bought by a prominent African-American.
The only one I can think of with that kind of coin is Oprah. Maybe Michael Jordan if he didn't have to pay alimony.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

If Bezos brings in a briefcase with $7B (danged big briefcase), I'm betting Snyder's principles go out the window. There's been some talk of Snyder trading for Lamar Jackson and then signing him to an ungodly big guaranteed contract to screw the new owner but that seems shortsighted even for Snyder.
malk
Head Coach

RustinFields wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:10 pm LMAO at Elon being a genius
To be fair, he's a genius at buying companies and then getting people to say he was a founder who had a hand in doing the actual work... allegedly.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:50 pm If Bezos brings in a briefcase with $7B (danged big briefcase), I'm betting Snyder's principles go out the window. There's been some talk of Snyder trading for Lamar Jackson and then signing him to an ungodly big guaranteed contract to screw the new owner but that seems shortsighted even for Snyder.
The real pain in the ass - is that even when you buy an asset like this in Cash

They still make you doing a freaking wire transfer - They won't let you just bring a suitcase - I have asked