Graham Hancock on Netflix

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

This topic shouldn’t break the rules here. It’s not political.

Anybody here get into Graham Hancock or Randall Carlson? Basically an archaeologist and a geologist who have some interesting theories on ancient history and the wiping out of an ancient civilization because of a global cataclysm.

I got into them via JRE, and have read a couple of books and watched some YouTubes.

Using science in the field and things like that they make their case. Well anyway, this is fascinating shit, at least to me.

No they don’t say aliens. That’s not what this is.

Well anyway, there’s going to be a Graham Hancock show on Netflix for a limited run that starts in mid-November, and, even though I haven’t seen it, I would highly recommend it.
wab
Mod

I have heard about it, and I'm definitely interested.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I'm excited about this. When you start looking into buried structures around the world its fascinating.
Xee
Site Admin

I just looked him up and his theories and as far as I can tell he's not a scientist of any kind; his degrees are in sociology and journalism. Qualifications aside, his theories are kind out of there and while I can see how it would be exciting to believe, especially if one is someone who relishes the label of being a "free-thinker" and is skeptical/distrustful of mainstream-anything, it's not my cup of tea.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Xee wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:49 pm I just looked him up and his theories and as far as I can tell he's not a scientist of any kind; his degrees are in sociology and journalism. Qualifications aside, his theories are kind out of there and while I can see how it would be exciting to believe, especially if one is someone who relishes the label of being a "free-thinker" and is skeptical/distrustful of mainstream-anything, it's not my cup of tea.
I’ve known about him for a while, the whole pyramids theory and that documentary narrated by Charlton Heston.
It’s interesting stuff. I class it as “entertainment” rather than serious “scientific” research.
I think he uses scientific methods, he JUST extrapolates a bit too far to make it tantalisingly entertainment.

Fair enough, he’s not trying to re-write history, he’s an entertainer :thumbsup:
—————
If anyone’s interested in a scientific method for making the blocks of stone for the pyramids of Giza, it’s not aliens, it’s not millions of workers quarrying and hauling.
It’s much simpler:

(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:49 pm I just looked him up and his theories and as far as I can tell he's not a scientist of any kind; his degrees are in sociology and journalism. Qualifications aside, his theories are kind out of there and while I can see how it would be exciting to believe, especially if one is someone who relishes the label of being a "free-thinker" and is skeptical/distrustful of mainstream-anything, it's not my cup of tea.

Yes hes a journalist. Randle Carlson I think is a mathematician and engineer.some of the theories are definitely off the wall. I think the impact 12,000 years ago definitely makes sense.

However even if it's all loony toons its interesting.