Illinois !!

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

All these years wearing Illini gear as an Alumnus..and now going bowling 7-1 !!! Now someday Arizona. Close game Arizona lost to USC by 8 pts...45=37
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:51 pm All these years wearing Illini gear as an Alumnus..and now going bowling 7-1 !!! Now someday Arizona. Close game Arizona lost to USC by 8 pts...45=37
I know, amazing. I think even Northwestern has been to more Rose Bowls than the Illini since I started following college football back in the Paleolithic era. That running back is tearing it up but the D has been very impressive. Circle November 19 against Michigan.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
UOK
Site Admin

I'll be going to the game against Michigan State this weekend. Hopefully they stay hot.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:24 am I'll be going to the game against Michigan State this weekend. Hopefully they stay hot.
As we used to say in the state of Washington, the Illini cooged it against MSU. The Washing State Cougars were infamous for losing games they should have won.
IE
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:37 pm
UOK wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:24 am I'll be going to the game against Michigan State this weekend. Hopefully they stay hot.
As we used to say in the state of Washington, the Illini cooged it against MSU. The Washing State Cougars were infamous for losing games they should have won.
All those 4th down tries and... fail. I'm majorly bummed about that. I have tickets to the game next week in Ann Arbor and if they won until then that was going to be a big game.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:23 am
Grizzled wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:37 pm

All those 4th down tries and... fail. I'm majorly bummed about that. I have tickets to the game next week in Ann Arbor and if they won until then that was going to be a big game.
It will still be a big game for both teams. Just hope the Illini offense and defense play like they're capable of. Must be fantastic to see a game at that stadium. I live in Pennsylvania now, need to get tickets to a Penn State game, their stadium also seats over 100,000.

Big game today against Purdue, the Illini need to win to hold onto 1st place in the West.
Last edited by Grizzled on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
IE
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:16 am
IE wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:23 am

It will still be a big game for both teams. Just hope the Illini offense and defense play like they're capable of. Must be fantastic to see a game at that stadium. I live in Pennsylvania now, need to get tickets to a Penn State game, their stadium also seats over 100,000.
Yeah it is a good time there. I used to live about 4 miles away from the big house but now I'm on the other side of Ann Arbor and about 25 min away.

Last time I was there for an Illinois/Michigan football game was the shootout led by Juice Williams - that was awesome. I usually go for MSU/MI and am more of a Sparty fan (except for last week the fuckers). Two sons are Sparty so yeah.

I got to see Dee Brown, Deron and the hoops gang beat MI back in 2005 too - that was incredible.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:58 am
Grizzled wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:16 am

Yeah it is a good time there. I used to live about 4 miles away from the big house but now I'm on the other side of Ann Arbor and about 25 min away.

Last time I was there for an Illinois/Michigan football game was the shootout led by Juice Williams - that was awesome. I usually go for MSU/MI and am more of a Sparty fan (except for last week the fuckers). Two sons are Sparty so yeah.

I got to see Dee Brown, Deron and the hoops gang beat MI back in 2005 too - that was incredible.
Yeah, I'm more of a Spartans guy myself also except for last week. Still pissed about Michigan beating the Illini in the NCAA Final 4 back in '87 or '88. That Illini team would have won the championship game.
docc
Head Coach

Arizona Wildcats..most of the team by far are freshman and sophomores..just beat #12 UCLA at UCLA..! Went down to last seconds..but...

University of Arizona drops #12 UCLA and picks the kids a big win..34-28..need a late night brew !! :D

Too bad Illini dropped a deuce losing to Purdue..but $20 Illini going Bowling after too long away..

Illini grad..living decades in Tucson..
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:16 am Arizona Wildcats..most of the team by far are freshman and sophomores..just beat #12 UCLA at UCLA..! Went down to last seconds..but...

University of Arizona drops #12 UCLA and picks the kids a big win..34-28..need a late night brew !! :D

Too bad Illini dropped a deuce losing to Purdue..but $20 Illini going Bowling after too long away..

Illini grad..living decades in Tucson..
The Illini are going to a bowl, they already qualify. Went to ASU for a year in the early '70s. All I can say is 'wow'. For the partying but a damn good school in many disciplines. Hot girls in skimy clothing because of the weather. And the outdoors, out of site. Used to go horseback riding in the box canyons in the Superstitions, fantastic. Camped on Mt. Lemon one weekend, very fun. There are 2 buttes on each side of the ASU football stadium. The frats took one butte, other students the other to see the games. Great viewpoint, maybe a bit of partying going on. And the stadium was in the flightpath to Phoenix International so huge jets were descending over the stadium while games were being played.