Cleveland @ Buffalo Snowmageddon

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

This game is setting up to be a massive weather-impacted game. Orchard Park could get over 3' of snow from Friday into Sunday night.
That lake effect coming off Lake Erie can be a huge pain.
I grew up south of Buffalo where my hunting camp is now, and in the 80's we got socked with a massive storm where people were getting stuck on the roads because the snow came down so fast. when the plows finally dug everyone out, the snow banks were taller than the vehicles driving down the road.
And about 10 years ago, my friends in Buffalo were all shoveling their roofs so they would collapse under the 3-4 feet of snow they got in a few days.
My lucky ass is heading to hunting camp today instead of tomorrow to avoid the driving fun that will start this evening.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Won’t Watson be back for this game too?
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:20 am Won’t Watson be back for this game too?
I thought it was next week, but my focus is leaving right now for camp!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:27 am This game is setting up to be a massive weather-impacted game. Orchard Park could get over 3' of snow from Friday into Sunday night.
3 feet? Our whole country grinds to a halt if there's is just 3 inches of snow! :lol:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:25 am
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:20 am Won’t Watson be back for this game too?
I thought it was next week, but my focus is leaving right now for camp!
Have a good one A&R :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

he'll be back for the texans game (week13). one of the reasons him getting less than a full season off felt fishy.
NFL's gonna prioritize a storyline over pretty much anything else. That's why he's inexplicably being allowed to practice with the team currently.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

RustinFields wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:34 pm he'll be back for the texans game (week13). one of the reasons him getting less than a full season off felt fishy.
NFL's gonna prioritize a storyline over pretty much anything else. That's why he's inexplicably being allowed to practice with the team currently.
As I recall, 11 games was due to the requirement for 6 games to accrue each year of service for pension purposes. Basically they'd have had NFLPA pushback if the league had tried to prevent service accrual.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

They are calling for thundersnow, which is one of the wildest storms I have ever witnessed.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:31 pm
RustinFields wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:34 pm he'll be back for the texans game (week13). one of the reasons him getting less than a full season off felt fishy.
As I recall, 11 games was due to the requirement for 6 games to accrue each year of service for pension purposes. Basically they'd have had NFLPA pushback if the league had tried to prevent service accrual.
I'm not sure if pension/NFLPA was the driver or the contract structure being designed for 2022 to count and not roll the contract forward a year.

But either way, it was very clear how the number 11 was arrived at.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I was aware of the contract ramifications, I'm just deep enough that I believe that when the schedule was being constructed the Texans were purposefully put at week 13 for that (assumed) reason.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:27 am This game is setting up to be a massive weather-impacted game. Orchard Park could get over 3' of snow from Friday into Sunday night.
I grew up south of Buffalo where my hunting camp is now, and in the 80's we got socked with a massive storm where people were getting stuck on the roads because the snow came down so fast. when the plows finally dug everyone out, the snow banks were taller than the vehicles driving down the road.
And about 10 years ago, my friends in Buffalo were all shoveling their roofs so they would collapse under the 3-4 feet of snow they got in a few days.
My lucky ass is heading to hunting camp today instead of tomorrow to avoid the driving fun that will start this evening.
Had a roommate in college at Iowa State from Buffalo. Winter of '76, he said there was snow up to the 2nd floor windows!
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
IE
Hall of Famer

Game is moving to the D. So Bills play 2 games in 5 days here. I'm going to the game on Turkey Day... I bought a Hutch jersey to support the Lions (also he went to school with our daughter's best friends here at Divine Child).

@wab Thundersnow is the coolest.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

At least you don't have to worry about ticks or mosquitos.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
wab
Mod

The pictures of the stadium are BONKERS