Put A Fork in the Pack

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Lost to the Titans last night to fall to 4 - 7. Would have to go 5 - 1 just to have a winning record. Looks like any playoffoff hopes are pretty much dead. Erin's contract ain't going away. A moment of silence for the fall of the Pack :toast:
Last edited by Grizzled on Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
IE
Hall of Famer

I really think it is the blue witch.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

IE wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:45 am I really think it is the blue witch.
Classicly blatant thread-jumping right here.

:clap:
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:45 am I really think it is the blue witch.
Is she a navy blue witch who wears one of these?

dplank
Hall of Famer

Heinz D.
MVP

dplank wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:58 pm Image
That fucking hat is cursed!!!
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

It just gets better in Green Bay. Now there are the starts of rumblings to start Jordan Love the rest of the season to get more experience. I'm sure Erin would be so on board with this ....
Last edited by Grizzled on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
wab
Mod

God I love this show
G08
Hall of Famer

Lazlo is my dude!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:37 pm It just gets better in Green Bay. Now there are the starts of rumblings to start Davis Love the rest of the season to get more experience. I'm sure Erin would be so on board with this ....
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Nevermind the fork, use a knife :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

A cheese knife might be the ticket..
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:02 am
Grizzled wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:37 pm It just gets better in Green Bay. Now there are the starts of rumblings to start Davis Love the rest of the season to get more experience. I'm sure Erin would be so on board with this ....
lol
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Good article on the Pack's future, numerous tough decisions after this season:

https://fansided.com/2022/11/21/packers ... -rankings/
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:31 am Good article on the Pack's future, numerous tough decisions after this season:

To trade Rodgers, the Packers would eat $40 million unless they did so after June 1, which would split the dead money as $15.8 million and $24.5 million over the upcoming two years.

Of course, the latter is a better choice, but it comes with a price. By June 1, most teams already have their quarterbacks, and very few will be able to absorb Rodgers’ $59.5 million cost.

Can't you trade early and "designate" as Post June 1, the way you can with cuts?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:43 am
Grizzled wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:31 am Good article on the Pack's future, numerous tough decisions after this season:

To trade Rodgers, the Packers would eat $40 million unless they did so after June 1, which would split the dead money as $15.8 million and $24.5 million over the upcoming two years.

Of course, the latter is a better choice, but it comes with a price. By June 1, most teams already have their quarterbacks, and very few will be able to absorb Rodgers’ $59.5 million cost.

Can't you trade early and "designate" as Post June 1, the way you can with cuts?
You can. Maybe Vegas would trade for Rodgers but otherwise the buyers are scarce.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

We’ve got the cap space. Let’s trade for Rodgers and put him on the D- line :D

Who owns who now Erin?
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:33 pm
God I love this show
+1. The movie was great, so is the TV series.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Aaron Rodgers says he's played with broken thumb since Week 5

It's been known for some time that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been playing with a painful thumb injury. Now, the extent of the injury is known.

Rodgers said Wednesday that his thumb is broken, an injury he sustained on the final play of the Packers' loss to the New York Giants in London in Week 5.

The Packers are 4-7, and Rodgers is on pace for his fewest passing yards for a full season since he became the Packers' starter. To this point, he's refused to offer up the thumb as an excuse for why he and the team have not been playing at their peak.

"I think I've had worse injuries I've played with," Rodgers said, via The Athletic's Matt Schneiderman, noting that his 2018 knee injury was more prohibitive when it came to throwing the ball. "So, you know, definitely a challenge. But the days off help. Feeling better this week."

Surgery wasn't considered as a midseason option, Rodgers said, and it doesn't appear to be a serious enough injury to require offseason surgery, either.

The thumb has come back into focus following the Packers' 27-17 loss to the Titans last Thursday when Rodgers missed some throws late in the game that he typically makes.

"I couldn't tell you (or) point to one thing," Rodgers said. "I'm not going to make excuses about my thumb, it's been the same since New York. I don't know. I gotta go back and look at it.

"It felt like, fundamentally, I was in a good spot. I just didn't have the same type of consistent grip and ball coming out the same way. I threw a lot of kinda wobblers tonight. There was some wind. I just missed a few throws I shoulda had."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers- ... nce-week-5
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:38 pm
Aaron Rodgers says he's played with broken thumb since Week 5

It's been known for some time that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been playing with a painful thumb injury. Now, the extent of the injury is known.

Rodgers said Wednesday that his thumb is broken, an injury he sustained on the final play of the Packers' loss to the New York Giants in London in Week 5.

The Packers are 4-7, and Rodgers is on pace for his fewest passing yards for a full season since he became the Packers' starter. To this point, he's refused to offer up the thumb as an excuse for why he and the team have not been playing at their peak.

"I think I've had worse injuries I've played with," Rodgers said, via The Athletic's Matt Schneiderman, noting that his 2018 knee injury was more prohibitive when it came to throwing the ball. "So, you know, definitely a challenge. But the days off help. Feeling better this week."

Surgery wasn't considered as a midseason option, Rodgers said, and it doesn't appear to be a serious enough injury to require offseason surgery, either.

The thumb has come back into focus following the Packers' 27-17 loss to the Titans last Thursday when Rodgers missed some throws late in the game that he typically makes.

"I couldn't tell you (or) point to one thing," Rodgers said. "I'm not going to make excuses about my thumb, it's been the same since New York. I don't know. I gotta go back and look at it.

"It felt like, fundamentally, I was in a good spot. I just didn't have the same type of consistent grip and ball coming out the same way. I threw a lot of kinda wobblers tonight. There was some wind. I just missed a few throws I shoulda had."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers- ... nce-week-5
I couldn't get to the article, the 'Net is acting up. How can a broken thumb on your throwing hand not be really adversely affecting throwing the ball? I know the Pack thought it was in the hunt for a playoff spot but why didn't it put in Love and let the thumb heal?
docc
Head Coach

..remember a snake is dead when the heads cut off..so..soon..

Then the Puke have the Courtney Love era start..et all..cause they'll have a nasty Hole at QB..uh..but not the current one..
karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:50 am

God I love this show
+1. The movie was great, so is the TV series.
While you're waiting for the next season, Toast of Hollywood is floating around somewhere.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I wonder if fuckface Rogers is trying to bait JF1 into playing hurt.
dplank
Hall of Famer

God I love this show
If you haven’t already, Avenue 5 is the only show I think is as funny as Shadows. Took a few episodes to get into it, but this second season is just great. Really sad it’s almost over.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Aw...
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers dealing with avulsion fracture in right thumb

The thumb injury to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is more severe than known.

Rodgers' injury, suffered during a 27-22 loss to the Giants in London on Oct. 9, is actually an avulsion fracture of the thumb, sources say. It is serious enough that surgery is almost always the answer to fix this type of injury, according to people with knowledge of Rodgers' fracture.

An avulsion fracture can happen when extreme force -- such as a hit from Giants linebacker Oshane Ximines -- causes the ligament to rip away from the attachment, taking some bone with it. Essentially, it is a fracture and a torn ligament, resulting in joint instability.

That can affect grip, accuracy, and basically everything a quarterback does with his hands on the football.

Rodgers has not missed a game since suffering the injury and will play today against the Eagles. Rodgers told reporters on Wednesday that surgery has not been considered this season.

He has been listed on the injury report (right thumb) since Week 6 and has been limited in several practices. This week, for instance, Rodgers was limited on Wednesday, practiced fully on Thursday and Friday, and was off the injury report by Friday night.

"His thumb was still really bruised and swollen last Saturday," said Big B, of the Underage Packers Podcast.

"I think I've had worse injuries I've played with," Rodgers told reporters this week, adding that while his thumb was worse earlier in the season, it hasn't really gotten much better, either. "There would be a couple plays every game, maybe a snap slightly inside or a hit that might jolt it a little bit. Just dealing with the occasional kind of dull pain and working through it."

As one source explained, if it hasn't healed by now, surgery is almost always the only way to help it heal. Clearly in this case, that would come only after Rodgers is done playing for this season.

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-aar ... ight-thumb
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Not starting well against the Eagles tonight. Rodgers already has an interception.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The golfer??
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:51 pm Not starting well against the Eagles tonight. Rodgers already has an interception.
Tied now. Will anyone play D tonight?
docc
Head Coach

Erin went to locker..an "opaque" er oblique..injury..

All they need is Love..Love Love...

The Love era is soon..
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:42 pm Erin went to locker..an "opaque" er oblique..injury..

All they need is Love..Love Love...

The Love era is soon..
God, I was just thinking, if Love gets the start next week the Bear's D are gonna make him ALSO look like a probowler. Which could be fucking hilarious.