The Receiver Room

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

malk
Head Coach

wab wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:49 am Pringle was pretty bad in the limited action he got yesterday. Claypool gets an incomplete, because it has never been about this year with him...just getting a head start on next year.

Harry not being active has been surprising. I'm assuming he's not part of the long-term plans.
Yep, I'm thinking back to the post I made a little while ago throwing contracts around like confetti. Yikes, really let the excitement get to me there!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Jones developing

When general manager Ryan Poles bypassed wide receivers with both of his second-round picks this year and took Jones in the third, the Bears needed him to make an immediate contribution.

Due to injuries and inconsistency, though, that hasn’t happened. It got bad enough for Jones that he was a healthy scratch in Weeks 9 and 10, but he practiced well enough to get another chance.

Jones has gotten 20 snaps over the last two games and got two carries for six yards against the Jets. It sounds like he’ll be even more involved this week as coach Matt Eberflus credited him for being “really better” at knowing his assignments.

“That’s why he’s seeing more touches and seeing more [snaps],” he said. “He’s an explosive player, and we want to get him involved.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... ame-begins
With Mooney done for the year, Pettis currently not practising due to injury and Claypool limited it's time for Vajazzle to finally step up.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:23 pm
Jones developing

When general manager Ryan Poles bypassed wide receivers with both of his second-round picks this year and took Jones in the third, the Bears needed him to make an immediate contribution.

Due to injuries and inconsistency, though, that hasn’t happened. It got bad enough for Jones that he was a healthy scratch in Weeks 9 and 10, but he practiced well enough to get another chance.

Jones has gotten 20 snaps over the last two games and got two carries for six yards against the Jets. It sounds like he’ll be even more involved this week as coach Matt Eberflus credited him for being “really better” at knowing his assignments.

“That’s why he’s seeing more touches and seeing more [snaps],” he said. “He’s an explosive player, and we want to get him involved.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... ame-begins
With Mooney done for the year, Pettis currently not practising due to injury and Claypool limited it's time for Vajazzle to finally step up.
Yeah. That's not happening. Would have been better if we had kept Coulter. The one player that needs to be stepping up right now is Pringle. He's on a one year $4M prove it deal, and so far he's proven jack shit.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 pm
HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Yeah. That's not happening. Would have been better if we had kept Coulter. The one player that needs to be stepping up right now is Pringle. He's on a one year $4M prove it deal, and so far he's proven jack shit.
I feel that’s a bit harsh on Pringle.

He had a good game against the Jets
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:52 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 pm

Uhhhh...If it's week 12 and the best and only week you can cite is week 11, that's jack shit so far.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Did he do more than that one TD catch? I bailed on the second half. That was a really nice grab, but I tend to agree that Pringle has done diddly squat.
wab
Mod

Well he was on IR for like 6 of the 12 weeks... so...
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:12 am Did he do more than that one TD catch? I bailed on the second half. That was a really nice grab, but I tend to agree that Pringle has done diddly squat.
If I recall correctly, he made one other tough contested catch.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:13 am Well he was on IR for like 6 of the 12 weeks... so...
The most important ability is availability, and he hasn't had it.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:09 am
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:52 am

Uhhhh...If it's week 12 and the best and only week you can cite is week 11, that's jack shit so far.
Ok if you say so.

Doesn’t say much for Lucas Patrick at Center.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:41 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:09 am

Ok if you say so.

Nope. Patrick has been a total disappointment, and my guess is he was a product of the excellent OL that the Packers had more than his own ability.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

VJJ will be around next year. The Bears need to use him the rest of the season extensively more than using ESB, Harry, and Pringle. Use him in plays in which he can his speed and ability to get yards after the catch, not fly patterns.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:10 am
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:41 am

Ok if you say so.

Nope. Patrick has been a total disappointment, and my guess is he was a product of the excellent OL that the Packers had more than his own ability.
He's been hurt basically - Its really an incomplete
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Of the top 10 receivers (catches) in the NFL to date in '22, 8 were not selected in the 1st round: Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Austin Ekeler, Cooper Kupp, Michael Pittman, Travis Kelce, Davante Adams, Amon-Ra St. Brown. The 2 who were are Justin Jefferson and CeeDee Lamb. In '21, only Jefferson and Jayon Waddle were first round picks among the top 10 WRs. Poles needs to carefully look at who's available in the '23 draft. Possibly Addison from USC and Johnson from TCU merit high first round consideration but otherwise look at rounds 2 and 3.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:55 am Of the top 10 receivers (catches) in the NFL to date in '22, 8 were not selected in the 1st round: Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Austin Ekeler, Cooper Kupp, Michael Pittman, Travis Kelce, Davante Adams, Amon-Ra St. Brown. The 2 who were are Justin Jefferson and CeeDee Lamb. In '21, only Jefferson and Jayon Waddle were first round picks among the top 10 WRs. Poles needs to carefully look at who's available in the '23 draft. Possibly Addison from USC and Johnson from TCU merit high first round consideration but otherwise look at rounds 2 and 3.
I think the point about R1 WR is well taken.
I don't think WR in 2 or 3 is due much consideration, barring some incredible value, though. They already spent a very high 2 on Claypool. Wise or not, other stuff needs attention now.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:24 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:55 am Of the top 10 receivers (catches) in the NFL to date in '22, 8 were not selected in the 1st round: Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Austin Ekeler, Cooper Kupp, Michael Pittman, Travis Kelce, Davante Adams, Amon-Ra St. Brown. The 2 who were are Justin Jefferson and CeeDee Lamb. In '21, only Jefferson and Jayon Waddle were first round picks among the top 10 WRs. Poles needs to carefully look at who's available in the '23 draft. Possibly Addison from USC and Johnson from TCU merit high first round consideration but otherwise look at rounds 2 and 3.
I don't think WR in 2 or 3 is due much consideration, barring some incredible value, though. They already spent a very high 2 on Claypool. Wise or not, other stuff needs attention now.

I might be high man on Mooney (barring folks oddly comparing him to Ty Hill) - AND I was very happy about Claypool

I do Not think that rules out a WR Draft pick - especially with that late 2nd or early 3rd
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:24 pm
I don't think a team can have too many weapons these days. I can see the team selecting another WR high.