Big Ups to Croatia

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

karhu
Head Coach

Anyone watching the World Cup? Croatia was, kinda shockingly, the far more interesting team against Brazil, and Livakovic was absolutely magnificent today.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hoping for a similar upset tomorrow night England v France
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

karhu
Head Coach

Man, that was a frustrating half.

Have the players on the English side met before? I haven't seen this lack of common cause since Jim Boylen coached the Bulls.

The refs seem to be living down to expectations in the world's most corrupt sporting event, but I guess I wouldn't know if they've been especially bad. I'll never get used to the diving. Maybe every team should have to play Uruguay just to qualify, and then they'd know what a foul feels like.

At least DD, HRS, and others with a real rooting interest here won't have to listen to the gang of idiots that's been calling matches on Fox here in the US.

And Morocco singlehandedly taking out Iberia was superb.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

karhu
Head Coach

Well, dangit. Thisclose, but boy oh boy did England leave some stuff on the table.