For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I’m quite surprised GM didn’t feature in the QBs you’d rather have than JF1 :D
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:41 pm I’m quite surprised GM didn’t feature in the QBs you’d rather have than JF1 :D
That is a serious topic for discussion.

My admiration for Minshew versus the loyalty I have for my actual QB.

With Minshew we are talking about a larger than life figure that can ball out like nobodies business and his swag is off the charts.

Yet JF1 one is……no I can’t say it. This is like MOM AND DAD ARE FIGHTING MAKE IT STOP moment for me. Do not make me choose Madame Social Worker.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:33 pm We missed it by one damn week. I fucking hate the Bears sometimes. This has to be their fault somehow.

Hurts sprained his shoulder playing us.

Now Philly is going to have the mother of all QB controversies.

Minshew is going to kick some Cowboy ass this week! DO IT FOR LEACH!!!!

MINSHEW MANIA LIVES BITCHES!!!!

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_38261946
Look at it this way TMP, tis the season for miracles and I'm sure the Good Lord simply wanted to save you the agony of having to choose between cheering for your beloved Bears or for your uber-man crush. He then granted you a Christmas wish by ensuring you get to see Minshew take the field this holiday weekend. :)
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Jalen Hurts suffered a sprained shoulder against the Bears. TMP, your Xmas gift may be coming early. Minshew will be the starter Saturday if Hurts can't play.
Last edited by Grizzled on Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:32 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:33 pm We missed it by one damn week. I fucking hate the Bears sometimes. This has to be their fault somehow.

Hurts sprained his shoulder playing us.

Now Philly is going to have the mother of all QB controversies.

Minshew is going to kick some Cowboy ass this week! DO IT FOR LEACH!!!!

MINSHEW MANIA LIVES BITCHES!!!!

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 2_38261946
Look at it this way TMP, tis the season for miracles and I'm sure the Good Lord simply wanted to save you the agony of having to choose between cheering for your beloved Bears or for your uber-man crush. He then granted you a Christmas wish by ensuring you get to see Minshew take the field this holiday weekend. :)
Yes, like Tiny Tim shunning his crutches, Minshew is ready to fly.

The return of Minshew Mania is this year's Christmas Miracle.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

It's on like Donkey Kong....

The Mania is back!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/353 ... shew-start
IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:17 am It's on like Donkey Kong....

The Mania is back!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/353 ... shew-start
My second favorite player in the NFL after JF1 is Mahomes. But Minshew is WAY up there even though at this time he's a backup. He's got skills. He's got "it".

I think the Eagles have what it takes to go all the way. No offense to my man Hurts (who I also love -what's up with this?) - but I'd LOVE to see Minshew get the call in the Superbowl and defeat the Chiefs. I'd be all about that. Jorts, handlebar, mullet and a ring, baby.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Minshew Mania alive and kicking at the moment.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Now this is good Marshall Plan content
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Well, he was a gunslinger yesterday, passed for a crapload of yards but the Eagles fell short against the Cowboys. Gotta say, he looks good as a QB. I wonder what would have happened if Pace had traded for him from Jax (5th or 6th round pick), didn't take JF, and used that 1st round pick on another needed piece.
dplank
Hall of Famer

He’s so little
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Nothing against GM but you better be a tough mobile QB to play in this team otherwise you’re going to take some big hits
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The Gardner mowed the lawn yesterday.

Great game.

355 yards. 2 TDs in the air. 1 TD on the ground. 2 INTs.

That's a kick ass game. Problem is that the Eagles RBs couldn't hold onto the ball to save their lives. Then the vaunted Eagles D gave up 40 points.

My hope is that between this game and then perhaps if he plays next week and takes care of business that Minshew lands a starting job somewhere.

He's a really good QB that shined in the one prolonged chance he had in JAX, but then has been put off to the side in PHI.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:47 pm The Gardner mowed the lawn yesterday.

Great game.

That's a kick ass game. Problem is that the Eagles RBs couldn't hold onto the ball to save their lives. Then the vaunted Eagles D gave up 40 points.

My hope is that between this game and then perhaps if he plays next week and takes care of business that Minshew lands a starting job somewhere.

He's a really good QB that shined in the one prolonged chance he had in JAX, but then has been put off to the side in PHI.
If he gets a starting job that's 1 less team giving a boat load to trade up. Be careful what you wish for.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:41 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:47 pm The Gardner mowed the lawn yesterday.

Great game.

If he gets a starting job that's 1 less team giving a boat load to trade up. Be careful what you wish for.
He could go to a team (Jets, Commandos) having most of the pieces in place on offense and needing a QB but would have to otherwise sacrifice too many drafts to move up for a franchise guy.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

He would be a great fit for the 49ers.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:46 am He would be a great fit for the 49ers.
Or the Saints.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:11 am
Or the Saints.
HA! He would be a perfect fit in New Orleans. Right down to his cult of personality. The Saints fans would eat that up.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:41 am
Or the Saints.
HA! He would be a perfect fit in New Orleans. Right down to his cult of personality. The Saints fans would eat that up.
Just think of the potential....

Mardi Gras Minshew.

They'd have to blow the bridges to New Orleans up like Bane in The Dark Knight Rises to contain the swag.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:58 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:41 am

Just think of the potential....

Mardi Gras Minshew.

They'd have to blow the bridges to New Orleans up like Bane in The Dark Knight Rises to contain the swag.
Mardi Gras Minshew. JFC Marshall, copyright that shit now. They have to sign him based on that name alone. :rofl:
IE
Hall of Famer

Minshew grew up outside of Jackson, MS. So the Saints are his home team, really. To me that is the best fit. But Washington area (Seattle of course) also because of his college success there - even though it was only one year. Then Carolina even though he wasn't "great" at Eastern Carolina.

I think he'd be really good at Indy too - but I hope they feel bitten enough by the vet signing of Matty Ice that they have their focus set on getting a top QB in the draft.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Or the Saints.
What about the Rayders?????

They are benching Carr the rest of the year and he has left the team.
IE
Hall of Famer

Tua, Baker, Drew, Russ ... all 1- 2 inches shorter than Minshew. He's basically 6' 1". And 225 - not slight he's way more buff than he was a couple of years ago. I wouldn't include guys like Vick or Kyler for obvious reasons. Also didn't include older generation QB like Flutie, Theisman, Kilmer, Tarkenton and such who played with slightly smaller Olines and slower Dlines. But the point is there have been a good number of successful QBs shorter than Minshew.

I do absolutely believe his height is a KEY reason why teams won't take a chance on him. Usually by the time the NFL comes around, shorter guys have been selected out of the QB position even if they can play. So the good examples are fewer and IMO that is a little deterministic. But then a team like Jax takes a flyer on the not-ideally-measurable Minshew and he shows he can play at the level. Then he shows it again on another team. Putting 355 and 3 TD on the Cowboys is pretty good. Granted he's on the Eagles and not playing with a cast like JF1 had against Dallas.

Can a team win the Superbowl with Minshew? I think some could. I definitely think the Eagles could. SF is another perfect example - and I don't see Jimmy being one bit better than Gardner. There are other teams as well.

Realistically he'll probably follow a career path like Chase Daniel - who also has played reasonably well in spot duty as a backup over the years. But I hope due to circumstances he gets more opportunities and a real chance/competition to win a starter job somewhere. IMO that could be Seattle next year. Or Carolina. Or Indy. Here's hoping!
dplank
Hall of Famer

6’1 is fine, I thought he was a lot smaller. I caught a camera shot where he just looked tiny but it must have been a trick, like maybe he was surrounded by behemoths at that moment.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

IE wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:29 pm Tua, Baker, Drew, Russ ... all 1- 2 inches shorter than Minshew. He's basically 6' 1". And 225 - not slight he's way more buff than he was a couple of years ago. I wouldn't include guys like Vick or Kyler for obvious reasons. Also didn't include older generation QB like Flutie, Theisman, Kilmer, Tarkenton and such who played with slightly smaller Olines and slower Dlines. But the point is there have been a good number of successful QBs shorter than Minshew.

I do absolutely believe his height is a KEY reason why teams won't take a chance on him. Usually by the time the NFL comes around, shorter guys have been selected out of the QB position even if they can play. So the good examples are fewer and IMO that is a little deterministic. But then a team like Jax takes a flyer on the not-ideally-measurable Minshew and he shows he can play at the level. Then he shows it again on another team. Putting 355 and 3 TD on the Cowboys is pretty good. Granted he's on the Eagles and not playing with a cast like JF1 had against Dallas.

Can a team win the Superbowl with Minshew? I think some could. I definitely think the Eagles could. SF is another perfect example - and I don't see Jimmy being one bit better than Gardner. There are other teams as well.

Realistically he'll probably follow a career path like Chase Daniel - who also has played reasonably well in spot duty as a backup over the years. But I hope due to circumstances he gets more opportunities and a real chance/competition to win a starter job somewhere. IMO that could be Seattle next year. Or Carolina. Or Indy. Here's hoping!
I'd setter for his career - $41M in salary; appeared in 69 games, 5 where starts; 199 passing attempts. Dude is set for live with very little where or tear on his body. Not a bad live. Has a Super Bowl ring to go with it.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I don't know, TMP. Hurts got knocked out if the game today and Mishew couldn't pull out the win. I sthe legend failing?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:57 pm I don't know, TMP. Hurts got knocked out if the game today and Mishew couldn't pull out the win. I sthe legend failing?
The legend lives. Maybe chalk it up to a hangover?

My guy had a good game.

274 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.

From the box score, I haven't watched the game yet, looked like penalties were a big issue.

https://www.covers.com/sport/football/n ... ore/265524
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The Gardner is now a Colt. Every time he changes teams My Guy gets closer and closer to Chicago.

He's going to start for the Colts at some point and then get that kick ass starting QB mega deal someplace else.

Talent like his will not be denied.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I immediately thought of how happy you would be when I saw that. Colts are very good spot for him to have a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting the season