Damar Hamlin

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/353 ... -suspended

Sounds like they canceled the game.

Twitter reports are all over the place. Sounds like he may have a pulse, but not conscious, nor breathing without assistance.

Pretty fucked up, hope he recovers prayers.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

All the best to Hamlin. Dude is younger than my youngest daughter. I can't even imagine.

It took the NFL nearly 40 minutes to cancel the game. And the players/coaches seemed to take care of that long before then. It is impossible to believe someone in communications didn't want to put out a statement before that. Roger Goodell is a MFing clown.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:11 pm All the best to Hamlin. Dude is younger than my youngest daughter. I can't even imagine.

It took the NFL nearly 40 minutes to cancel the game. And the players/coaches seemed to take care of that long before then. It is impossible to believe someone in communications didn't want to put out a statement before that. Roger Goodell is a MFing clown.
So yes I agree I'm disgusted at the NFL and proud of the coaches. I do give some grace to the nfl, major incidents like this often become information overload. Theories, cause and effect begin running on their own inertia, and it takes time to get ahead of that information overload.

That said they major fuck up. So 70% disgust 30% grace maybe.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Twitter MD diagnosis was Commotio Cordis. A phenomenon where a blow to the chest in a specific point in the heart’s rhythmic process can stop it instantly. Very rare, seldom survivable. If there is an AED unit nearby and is administered within a couple of minutes, chances of survival go up to 80%. Just terrible. My thoughts are with the Hamlin family tonight. Praying he pulls through.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

From the article it sounds like Coach Taylor from the Bengals was the one who instigated the discussion around pausing / cancelling the game.

That move was pure class. Although it shouldn't take the opposing team's coach to make that move. Just another reason for me to dislike Goodell.

This is a game. Intended for entertainment and to pass the time. It is obviously not worth a human life.

If they got him to the hospital alive and he's sedated surrounded by professionals then it sounds like he's going to make it which is the only thing that matters.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Almost deja vu all over again. Was watching the Bears-Lions game October 24, 1971 when Chuck Hughes of the Lions became the only NFL player to die during a game, from a heart attack. I had just turned on the game last night when this occurred. Hopefully this young man makes a full recovery. Not much new this a.m. on his medical condition.
Last edited by Grizzled on Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:31 am From the article it sounds like Coach Taylor from the Bengals was the one who instigated the discussion around pausing / cancelling the game.

That move was pure class. Although it shouldn't take the opposing team's coach to make that move. Just another reason for me to dislike Goodell.

This is a game. Intended for entertainment and to pass the time. It is obviously not worth a human life.

If they got him to the hospital alive and he's sedated surrounded by professionals then it sounds like he's going to make it which is the only thing that matters.
Agree with everything except I’d be more cautious about his prognosis. I’d err on the pessimistic side.

Terrible terrible tragedy, I’ll say a prayer for him and his loved ones.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

UOK
Site Admin

Hopefully we get a windfall of positive reports as the day unfolds. That was one of the darker things I've ever seen on a football field.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:20 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:31 am From the article it sounds like Coach Taylor from the Bengals was the one who instigated the discussion around pausing / cancelling the game.

Agree with everything except I’d be more cautious about his prognosis. I’d err on the pessimistic side.

Terrible terrible tragedy, I’ll say a prayer for him and his loved ones.
Yes. He is far from out of the woods. Word is he is not breathing on his own. He's in a controlled coma. We also don't know how long he went with out blood flow and/or oxygen to the brain.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

From the BBC:
Damar Hamlin: NFL player in critical condition after cardiac arrest

American football star Damar Hamlin is in a critical condition after suffering a cardiac arrest during a primetime US National Football League game.

The Buffalo Bills player, 24, fell to the ground after colliding with an opponent during the first quarter of a match against the Cincinnati Bengals.

He received on-field medical attention for more than 30 minutes before being taken to a local hospital.

The NFL suspended the game for the night about an hour after the incident.

His team, the Buffalo Bills later confirmed the cardiac arrest in a statement and said that his heartbeat was restored on the field.

In a tweet early on Tuesday, the team said Hamlin is undergoing further testing and treatment and is currently sedated.

Jordon Rooney, Hamlin's representative, wrote on Twitter: "His vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests. We will provide updates as we have them."

The league's players' association wrote in a statement: "We have been in touch with Bills and Bengals players and with the NFL. The only thing that matters at this moment is Damar's health and well-being."

Hamlin, a native of McKees Rock, Pennsylvania, was drafted from the University of Pittsburgh by the Bills in 2021.

He has drawn praise for hosting annual Christmas toy drives in his hometown since before he was a paid athlete.

An online GoFundMe page for the toy drive was reshared after Hamlin collapsed on Monday and has raised nearly $3m (£2.5m).

Buildings across Cincinnati were lit up in blue on Monday evening, including Paycor Stadium where the incident occurred.

Blunt trauma is common in contact sports, but it's rare that it causes heart issues like this.

A direct hit to the chest can result in cardiac arrest. That's when the heart stops beating properly and is unable to do its job of pumping blood around the body.

It's different to a heart attack, which happens when blood supply to the heart muscle is cut off.

In Hamlin's case, medics were able to quickly get his heart beating again. It's not yet known what internal injuries he may have sustained from the incident and whether there has been any significant damage to his heart.

Good wishes for the stricken player have poured in.

Full article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64149300
wab
Mod

It was scary as hell. He popped up, was fine for a second, and then down. The whole thing was just terrifying to see on a live TV broadcast.

I pray that the kid makes it through and can live as normal of a life as possible.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:51 am It was scary as hell. He popped up, was fine for a second, and then down. The whole thing was just terrifying to see on a live TV broadcast.

I pray that the kid makes it through and can live as normal of a life as possible.
It reminds me exactly of the Australian Philip Hughes incident during a cricket match.
He was struck by the ball bowled at 90mph on the back of his neck just below where his helmet ended.
He was knocked to the floor, bounced up immediately and then 10 seconds or so later collapsed - dead. R.I.P. Medics were there quickly.

Different diagnosis and hopefully prognosis.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

From the Daily Mail:
Indianapolis Colts safety Rodney McLeod Jr has said playing in the NFL is a ‘dream’ - but it should never be at the ‘expense of anyone’s life.’

McLeod Jr, 32, admitted that playing the sport comes with ‘great sacrifice’ after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin, 24, suffered a cardiac arrest on the field.

Hamlin was immediately rushed to the hospital after being administered CPR on the field while surrounded by his horrified teammates.

He is currently in critical condition in hospital, with the sporting world left shocked by his sudden deterioration after landing a tackle on Bengals receiver Tee Higgens.

McLeod Jr told CNN: ‘For us, the dream is real. Even though we understand the dream comes with great sacrifice, we never want that sacrifice to be paid from the expense of anyone's life.

‘As players, injuries are always our deepest fear... But often, you know, we tend to try to remove any of those thoughts the moment we hit the field.

‘We've become very numb to it, unfortunately. What we saw last night was something that we've never have seen before. In my 11 years in the NFL, I never experienced anything like that, and that brings the reality [of] the sport to life.’

Bills players were visibly stunned as their teammate received life-saving treatment on the field, with McLeod praising their quick reactions.

He added that the NFL handled the situation well, saying: ‘I think they did a very good job. They put the concern of their players first.

‘The teams were not in the state of mind to be able to finish that game.’

Close friend and family rep Jordon Rooney told Good Morning America that the NFL star is a ‘fighter,’ but his family is ‘worried’.

Hamlin's family were at the game when he collapsed and his mother Nina traveled with him to hospital in the ambulance.

Bills fans and Bengals fans have both gathered on a corner about a block from the hospital's emergency room after the incident took place.

Rooney added that his vitals are ‘back to normal’ and are running tests on Hamlin to see what caused the sudden collapse.

On the play the 6-foot, 200-pound Hamlin was injured, Higgins led with his right shoulder, which hit the defensive back in the chest.

Hamlin, who earns a base salary of $825,000, then wrapped his arms around Higgins' shoulders and helmet to drag him down.

The Bills player managed to get to his feet, adjusted his face mask with his right hand, and then fell backward about three seconds later and lay motionless.

He was surrounded by players from both sides and treated for 16 minutes before being immobilized and taken off the field.

While medical personnel were gathered around Hamlin, his playing uniform was cut off and was given oxygen.

Players on both teams were visibly stunned by what had happened and many were in tears on the field.

Higgens, the player who was tackled by Hamlin, led the outpouring of well wishes for the young player, tweeting that he 'prays Hamlin will pull through' as the player remains in critical condition at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

He said: 'My prayers and thoughts go out to @HamlinIslandthe Hamlin Family. I'm praying that you pull through bro. Love.'

The Bills later tweeted: 'Damar Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest following a hit in our game versus the Bengals.

‘His heartbeat was restored on the field and he was transferred to the UC Medical Center for further testing and treatment. He is currently sedated and listed in critical condition.'

His agent Ira Turner told NFL Network: 'Please continue to pray for Damar and his family. We currently have no update at this time. Will ask that you keep the family in your prayers.'

Six-time Pro Bowl cornerback Troy Vincent, now an NFL executive, said: 'I've never seen anything like it since I was playing.

'Immediately, my player hat went on, like, how do you resume playing after seeing a traumatic event in front of you?'

After the ambulance had left the field, reports initially suggested the game was going to restart following a five-minute warm-up, prompting an outpouring of anger on social media.

Vincent said the league took no steps toward restarting the game and did not ask players to begin a five-minute warmup period.

He added: 'It never crossed our mind to talk about warming up to resume play. That's ridiculous. That's insensitive. That's not a place we should ever be in.'

A statement released by the league read: 'Hamlin received immediate medical attention on the field by team and independent medical staff and local paramedics. He was then transported to a local hospital where he is in critical condition.

'Our thoughts are with Damar and the Buffalo Bills. We will provide more information as it becomes available.

'The NFL has been in constant communication with the NFL Players Association which is in agreement with postponing the game.'

Full article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dated.html
BigDaddy
Practice Squad

Grizzled wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:46 am Almost deja vu all over again. Was watching the Bears-Lions game October 24, 1971 when Chuck Hughes of the Lions became the only NFL player to die during a game, from a heart attack. I had just turned on the game last night when this occurred. Hopefully this young man makes a full recovery. Not much new this a.m. on his medical condition.
Yeah, I remember that game.. Hughes was subbing for another WR, he caught one pass I think the play before was tackled, got up went back to the huddle the next play he ran his route and just collapsed. I remember Butkus standing over him. It was tragic, he was 27 yrs old. What a shame
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

BigDaddy wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:07 pm
Grizzled wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:46 am Almost deja vu all over again. Was watching the Bears-Lions game October 24, 1971 when Chuck Hughes of the Lions became the only NFL player to die during a game, from a heart attack. I had just turned on the game last night when this occurred. Hopefully this young man makes a full recovery. Not much new this a.m. on his medical condition.
Yeah, I remember that game.. Hughes was subbing for another WR, he caught one pass I think the play before was tackled, got up went back to the huddle the next play he ran his route and just collapsed. I remember Butkus standing over him. It was tragic, he was 27 yrs old. What a shame
I wonder if it was a genetic condition that today's medicine might have uncovered before it was too late. Hamlin took a shot to the chest tackling the WR, seems like it stopped his heart.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:02 pm

I wonder if it was a genetic condition that today's medicine might have uncovered before it was too late. Hamlin took a shot to the chest tackling the WR, seems like it stopped his heart.
Supposedly its a phenomena called Commotio Cordis. See this link for more information. The precursor condition can go undiagnosed. https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/902504-overview

At least that's what Dr.'s on Twitterverse were talking about.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the scariest part of Hamlin's injury was the fact similar hits happen all the time ... those usually result with someone in a post game interview saying they will probably be sore, but hey, that's football ... this time the result was very different

happy to hear Hamlin seems to be recovering with his doctors encouraged by his progress
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:50 am happy to hear Hamlin seems to be recovering with his doctors encouraged by his progress
This is the only thing that matters.

Not the repercussion of where playoff games are or final records for seeding.

This is a game. Meant for fun. People almost dying isn’t fun. Everything else comes second to that.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:02 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hughes

an interesting read
Hughes had suffered an injury in an August 1971 preseason game against the Buffalo Bills, which led to him collapsing in the locker room. He was hospitalized, but doctors were unable to diagnose what was wrong (suspecting a spleen injury) and he was released, despite never fully recovering. Hughes, who would suffer from what he believed was acid reflux and other maladies for the remaining two months of his life, insisted on continuing to play, saying that the pain he was experiencing was "not that bad."[7]

On October 24, 1971, the Lions hosted the Chicago Bears at Tiger Stadium. Late in the 4th quarter, with Detroit trailing 28–23, the Lions were driving into Chicago territory and Hughes, who entered the game as an injury replacement, caught a pass from quarterback Greg Landry for 32 yards and a first down at the Bears' 37-yard line.

Three plays later, Landry threw a pass that tight end Charlie Sanders dropped near the end zone. Hughes, a decoy on the play, began running back to the huddle with 1:02 showing on the clock. Suddenly, he dropped to the turf clutching his chest around the 20-yard line.[3] Hughes collapsed near Bears linebacker Dick Butkus, who saw him begin to convulse violently on the field. Butkus motioned to the sideline frantically to get Hughes assistance.[8]

Both teams' doctors and trainers, along with a physician who happened to be attending the game, ran to Hughes to try to save him. An ambulance was called for and arrived to take Hughes to Henry Ford Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5:34 pm that afternoon. He was 28 years old. The game was played to its conclusion in front of a now-stunned silent crowd in Tiger Stadium, with the Bears' lead holding. The Lions awaited word of Hughes' condition after the game and the players were informed once word had broken that he was dead.

A postmortem examination revealed that Hughes was suffering from undiagnosed and advanced arteriosclerosis (one of his coronary arteries was 75% blocked) and that he had a family history of heart disease. The direct cause of death was a coronary thrombosis, which caused a massive myocardial infarction that cut off the blood flow to his heart.[9][10] Hughes was buried in San Antonio, Texas, and all 40 of his Lions teammates attended his funeral, including head coach Joe Schmidt.[4] He was survived by his widow, Sharon Leah, and by his son, who was 1 year and 11 months old at the time, Brandon Shane.[3] A $10,000 trust fund was set up for his son by an insurance company.[11] His widow filed a $21.5 million malpractice lawsuit against Henry Ford Hospital in 1972 for not diagnosing his condition after the Bills game. The lawsuit was settled on October 3, 1974, for an undisclosed amount of money.[12]
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Brilliant news about Damar, lots of prayers answered.

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:42 pm Brilliant news about Damar, lots of prayers answered.
Yes indeed.
Bills announce Damar Hamlin had breathing tube removed overnight, 'continues to progress remarkably'

Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin, who suffered a cardiac arrest during Monday's game against the Bengals, had his breathing tube removed overnight and "continues to progress remarkably in his recovery," the Bills announced on Friday, per the physicians at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

"His neurologic function remains intact and he has been able to talk to his family and care team," the Bills said.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Hamlin delivered a message to the team Friday morning and spent time speaking to various teammates on FaceTime.

Bills head coach Sean McDermott said it would be hard to "do it justice honestly with words" in describing the scene when Hamlin spoke to the team on Friday.

"Amazing, touching to see Damar, No. 1, through my own eyes," McDermott said. "That's something that I've been looking forward to, kinda needing to see, I guess -- hate to say it that way, it sounds bad. But ... to watch the reaction in the room with the players and the staff and the team, they didn't know that we were going to do that and wanted to make sure that that was actually going to be able to happen with Damar's medical schedule there. ... When I said we had a treat in store ... you could see the look on their eyes in anticipation of what was probably coming. To get the Zoom, and when he came on the screen -- Tabani (Richards), our assistant trainer has done a phenomenal job out there helping facilitate that this morning as well -- to see the players' reaction, they stood up right away and clapped for him and yelled some things to him and it was a pretty cool exchange for a few seconds there."

Hamlin did one of his trademark flexes when he appeared on the main video screen in the Bills' meeting room, McDermott said.

"I can't remember the order of things, and it was not a long interaction as you'd imagine with his situation, but he made hand signals, hand gestures," McDermott said. "The thing that makes me laugh is he did this to the guys right away (flexes to camera). He flexed on 'em, I guess. He's just got some staple things that they know him for and that he does. He made the heart symbol probably more than anything, then he gave them a thumbs up. Somewhere in the midst of that -- and it was a little bit hard to hear, as you'd imagine -- he said, 'I love you boys.' Of course, I think that got the guys."

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said the hair on the back of his neck "stood up" when Hamlin addressed his teammates Friday. Asked why he decided to stay with the safety in Cincinnati through Wednesday, Beane says the choice was "simple."

"What would you want someone to do for your son?" the GM explained.

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-announce ... nues-to-pr
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Damar Hamlin will be honored this weekend by ALL 32 NFL teams, as league reveals pregame moment of support, warmup t-shirts and the option to paint the No. 3 in the 30-yard field line number in Bills blue or red

The NFL announced Friday every team in the league this weekend will honor Bills safety Damar Hamlin, who is awake and off his breathing tube after suffering a cardiac arrest vs. the Bengals on Monday.

The activations include a pregame moment of support, painting his No. 3 on each 30-yard line and wearing black t-shirts displaying 'Love for Damar 3.'

The league has distributed a standardized public address announcement for the teams to read prior to the national anthem.

It read: 'Throughout this week, the entire NFL family has been praying for Damar Hamlin of the Buffalo Bills as he continues his recovery, and we thank the first responders and medical professionals involved in his care.

'The [CLUB NAME] ask you to join us in a moment of support and love for Damar, and cheer for him and his family as they continue their fight.'

The league also provided further detail to the field painting tribute, saying that the No. 3 must appear in either 'Buffalo Bills Red or Buffalo Bills Blue.'

And while non-Bills players may choose to wear the black tees honoring Hamlin, Buffalo players will wear a similar shirt in the team's blue.

Hats embroidered with a '3' will also provided to team personnel to wear during pregame, while '3' jersey patches will be worn by the Bills in Week 18.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/a ... pport.html

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

And by far the best news of all:
The Bills announced on Saturday that Hamlin is making continued progress in his recovery and remains in critical condition, per physicians at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Hamlin has been under care since Monday night.

Hamlin "continues to breathe on his own and his neurological function is excellent."

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-safety-d ... erwhelming
docc
Head Coach

I was watching at first wife's Mothers home.. We thought.."Butkus killed a guy" then saw him screaming for help fpr Hughes..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Josh Allen said in presser that it had been 3 yrs and 3 months since last Bill KO TD return. Pretty freaky.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Some really positive news...
Bills safety Damar Hamlin released from Cincinnati hospital, returns to Buffalo

Bills safety Damar Hamlin has been released from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and transferred to a Buffalo-area hospital just one week after he suffered a cardiac arrest during a game on Jan. 2, UC health physicians announced on Monday.

Hamlin will continue to undergo tests and be monitored back in Buffalo.

"I traveled with him to the airport this morning with our UC Health air care and local care crew, including teammates that were with us on the field when Damar Hamlin collapsed," Dr. William Knight told reporters on Monday. "He landed safely and, as standard with anybody who has gone through what he's gone through this past week and certainly after flying on a plane, he's going to be observed and monitored to ensure that there's no impact on the flight of his condition or on his lungs."

"Dr. [Timothy] Pritts and I have spoken extensively with his air team in Buffalo, and I can confirm that he's doing well and this is the beginning of the next stage of his recovery. ... Since our last update to you, Damar Hamlin has met a number of key milestones on his journey to recovery."

Knight said that Hamlin has been able to walk and tolerate a "regular diet," and has been undergoing physical and occupational therapy as he continues to progress in his recovery. Knight added that Hamlin remained in the UCMC surgical intensive care unit until he was released Monday.

Doctors said Monday that Hamlin did not suffer "any cervical spine injury" and that Hamlin currently is able to walk with "a normal gait" as a product of how he remains "neurologically intact."

"He walks normally," Knight said. "He is admittedly a little weak. I don't think that's of any real surprise after what he went through, just regaining his strength and that's part of his recovery process."

Pritts said Monday that a standard recovery from what Hamlin experienced is "measured in weeks to months," though Hamlin has "been a little bit ahead of that at each stage."

"The goal for every patient who suffered a serious illness or injury is to help them to return as close to baseline as possible," Pritts said. "So, we anticipate that he would have likely ongoing needs. Whether it is therapy or working with different specialists to get him as close to where he really can be. To echo what we talked about on Thursday, he appears to be neurologically completely intact, and there's no reason to believe that he won't continue his path to recovery."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-safety-d ... to-buffalo
The whole article, which also includes comments about Hamlin watching the game and seeing the Bills opening TD, is worth a read but the above are the details of his health situation.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

He has been released from the Buffalo hospital and is home. He is walking a bit every day and eating normally. Doctors have not found any neurological impairments but said they sometimes do not show up for months. They will continue to monitor his heart and lungs regularly.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

More positive news...
Damar Hamlin visits Bills facility for first time since being discharged from hospital

Bills safety Damar Hamlin, who was discharged from a Buffalo hospital more than a week after suffering a cardiac arrest during a game on Jan. 2, appears to be back with his teammates.

In an Instagram story posted by Bills linebacker Matt Milano on Saturday, Hamlin can be seen smiling and greeting teammates at the Bills facility in Orchard Park, NY.

On Monday, Hamlin was released from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where he had been under care since the events of Jan. 2, and was transferred to the Buffalo General Medical Center that same day. Hamlin was then discharged from the hospital on Wednesday.

Dr. William Knight, a UC health physician, told reporters on Monday that Hamlin has been able to walk and tolerate a "regular diet," and has been undergoing physical and occupational therapy as he continues to progress in his recovery. Doctors also said Monday that Hamlin did not suffer "any cervical spine injury" and that he currently is able to walk with "a normal gait" as a product of how he remains "neurologically intact."

Bills head coach Sean McDermott on Wednesday extended an invite for Hamlin to return to the Bills facility once he was ready. Hamlin, who's continuing his rehabilitation at home, made that request a reality just three days later.

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/damar-hamlin-v ... ed-from-ho