2022-23 Playoffs

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Damn a tale of 2 halves for 2 teams.

Got the first half of the SF v SEA game. Good, competitive first half. Was thinking a SF victory may not happen. Didn't find out the final until hrs after the game was over. Helluva second half.

Started watching Charger v Jag game when the Jags were down 24-0. What a second half for the Jags. I believe this will get Stokeley canned. Can never figure out how a team blows a 27 pt lead.

Not too interested in any game today. Cincy v Raven could have been a good matchup if Lamar was playing, but now, meh.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The SF game went pretty much as expected.

Something is just wrong with the Chargers franchise.

I will say that Trevor Lawrence gutted that one out. That couldn't have been an easy thing to do mentally. Good killer instinct from him in this game.

I'll be watching MIA vs BUF for sure because its on CBS and I'm hoping Tony Romo calls it. That guy calls one hell of a game. NYG vs MIN is whatever, but I'm sure I'll still watch it.
LacertineForest
MVP

I watched a little of each game yesterday. The SF-SEA game really turned on the Geno Smith fumble when the game was 17-23 and they were in 49ers territory and diving to take the lead. Instead, the 9ers took it the other way and turned it into a bit of a route. I figured Seattle would have to basically okay a perfect game to win, and it's hard to keep that up for 4 quarters, especially against a talented team like SF.

The chargers were up 24-0 by the time I turned it on, but they just looked so awkward on offense. They put another 3 points on the board before half, but Herbert missed a wide open TD on 3rd down because her overthrew his man by a mile.

Herbert really didn't look great in this at all, and there's a lot of slobbering about him from pundits that I don't really get. I couldn't even tell Khalil Mack was playing - her was basically invisible.

Lawrence put it together in the second half, but I was surprised at how much their offensive game plan was dink and dunk, WR screens and such. That was probably by design to negate the pass rush and because they didn't have enough time to establish a running game (they did open things up a bit later, but Lawrence's deep-ball accuracy didn't strike me as great).
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:51 am Damn a tale of 2 halves for 2 teams.

Got the first half of the SF v SEA game. Good, competitive first half. Was thinking a SF victory may not happen. Didn't find out the final until hrs after the game was over. Helluva second half.

Started watching Charger v Jag game when the Jags were down 24-0. What a second half for the Jags. I believe this will get Stokeley canned. Can never figure out how a team blows a 27 pt lead.

Not too interested in any game today. Cincy v Raven could have been a good matchup if Lamar was playing, but now, meh.
1991, when the Oilers blew a 35-3 lead to the Bills, I was surprised Houston's owner didn't fire the head coach in the locker room.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Dardango
Journeyman

When folks talk about the power of coaching, that was on full display with the Giants beating the Vikings. Daniel Jones has been average at best over the years and he's working a mostly no-name receiving corp, but has them playing well enough to make the playoffs and win a game in the playoffs on the road. Daboll coaches his players up and holds them accountable, the secret sauce to a winning team. Congrats to the Giants on the win.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Ding dong the wicked witch is dead. Brady takes defeat, so long. As a Brady fan, I can still say it is nice to see him not in the playoffs any longer.
wab
Mod

Brady looked completely cooked out there last night. It was kind of tough to watch.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Yes, he looked pretty ordinary - not a game changer.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I went to bed late second qtr. You could tell at that point the game was in hand.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

pus wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:01 am Yes, he looked pretty ordinary - not a game changer.
Pretty hard to look anything but that behind that sieve of a line. The bucs line made ours look awesome. That he put up the stats he did was a miracle.

I think Brady goes to Miami for one last run, Tua can’t stay healthy and cooked his noggin with concussions.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I was watching the game in a sports bar and there were some ladies who caught my eye more than Tom Terrific, so I didn't really watch the game very well. Healthy cowgirls dressed for lookin' at. I make it a point, if I watch the Cowboys, to try to get to a sports bar because this is equestriane country.
wab
Mod

Yeah that OL looked really bad. The interior, especially Jensen, was getting overrun.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Really can't believe they played Jensen. Hell, he has been hurt all year and they throw him right into the fire.

Bowles gets Arians' leftovers and now they will probably rebuild. He will probably end up getting canned next year. I believe he is a good coach just caught in a bad situation.
wab
Mod

Yeah, Bowles is definitely entering 2023 on the hot seat.
IE
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:58 pm Yeah, Bowles is definitely entering 2023 on the hot seat.
He launched his scapegoat, and hopes that distraction is enough. Reality is, Fatty Fournette and his 3 ypc plus injuries plus no gronk plus aging Brady is the real equation. And then moves like counting on Akiem Hicks and such... the results were predictable.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

IE wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:31 am
wab wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:58 pm Yeah, Bowles is definitely entering 2023 on the hot seat.
He launched his scapegoat, and hopes that distraction is enough. Reality is, Fatty Fournette and his 3 ypc plus injuries plus no gronk plus aging Brady is the real equation. And then moves like counting on Akiem Hicks and such... the results were predictable.
Yep. Age is the great equalizer, and the Bucs have the oldest roster in the NFL, with the oldest players playing key positions. It's not like having the average age of your roster being affected by a 34-year-old long snapper.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:39 pm Yeah that OL looked really bad. The interior, especially Jensen, was getting overrun.
It kinda looked like a typical Bears game
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:46 am
wab wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:39 pm Yeah that OL looked really bad. The interior, especially Jensen, was getting overrun.
It kinda looked like a typical Bears game
Maybe The GOAT was holding his balls too long? ;)

That's what others say about JF1. He holds his balls too long.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i love that that christian kirk contract was the laughing stock of the nfl last offseason, and it just turns out that Kliff and Kyler were garbage holding him back.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Does that worthless asshole Chris Collinsworth really need to keep calling games?
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:41 pm Does that worthless asshole Chris Collinsworth really need to keep calling games?
I get total access from sxm to my home's front window sill and to my car, so I always listen to Thayer and Jonianc, pretty much.

I wouldn't ever listen to Collinsworth - life's too short.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i dont love him, but i dont hate him either. collinsworth pays attention to line play and has a knack for pointing that stuff out. i suffer his more annoying qualities for this reason.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Maybe he listens to Thayer and Jomnaic during the game, too.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The way this Buffalo game is going, I can see Frazier being canned if they lose. I mean, that seems to be what happens lately, a side of the ball under performs, fire the coordinator.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

It’s looking like the AFC championship game will be the same as last year.
The NFC could have the 49ers in it again.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i saw some complaining on twitter that josh allen doesnt have enough talent around him and too much is on his shoulders. fucking hilarious.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'm so glad the Bills lost.

The whole Damar Hamlin thing just got to be too much for me. At the beginning of it all, yeah 100%, what happened to him was alarming. We're a month past that now.

Then add onto that the pretentious and self righteous Chris Collinsworth who said something during the game like Hamlin went down to the locker room at half time to inspire this teammates.

OK. That's when it jumped the shark with me.

Why not tell a story about Hamlin walking up to a concession stand, touching a hot dog and a diet coke and feeding everybody in attendance?
wab
Mod

RustinFields wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:52 pm i dont love him, but i dont hate him either. collinsworth pays attention to line play and has a knack for pointing that stuff out. i suffer his more annoying qualities for this reason.
Same. Although his tendency to be annoyingly effusive towards Mahomes even started to bother my wife who was paying zero attention to the game. She looked up from her Candy Crush and was like "does this dude ever talk about anyone else?"
wab
Mod

Also - I now have to root for a Bengals/Niners Super Bowl. Besides the history between the two in the 80's, the QB picked first vs the QB picked last narrative is just too good.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:07 pm The way this Buffalo game is going, I can see Frazier being canned if they lose. I mean, that seems to be what happens lately, a side of the ball under performs, fire the coordinator.
I was thinking the same as the game ended but then decided it was an overreaction. Yeah, Buffalo's DL got their asses handed to them, seemed like Cincy's OL was pushing them back 5 yards on each play but I don't think they give up on Frazier.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.