Ticket Matters

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Ticket prices for the '23 season will remain flat. However, the effective price per game goes up because the team will host 8 rather than 9 regular season games due to the 17 game schedule. One year a team has 9 home games, the next year 8. Ticket holders will pay for an extra preseason game this year.

In a totally different matter, the Minnesota Vikings did not have PSLs at their old stadium. Upon completion of the new U.S. Bank Stadium (construction supervised by Mr. Warren), 75% of the available seats were covered by PSLs. The Bears sold 26,000 PSLs, priced between $765 and $10,000 to partly fund the 2003 renovation of Soldier Field. However, Soldier Field PSLs terminate at the end of the final home game of the last season in which the team plays home games in the stadium, meaning they don't transfer to a new Arlington Heights stadium.

The Bears have a secondary PSL market in which seatholders can sell their seat rights to others. The Bears take a 10% cut on these transactions.

The Rams realized upwards of $600 million on PSL for their new southern Cal stadium. However, former PSL holders in St. Louis filed a a federal class-action lawsuit on behalf of thousands of disenfranchised fans who bought PSLs in St. Louis with a 2024 expiration. The suit was settled for $24 million.

The Bears have not announced what compensation, if any, present PSL owners might receive if the Soldiers Field lease is terminated. Nor have they announced any plans to offer present PSL holders first rights to buy new PSLs at an Arlington Heights stadium, such discussions being premature as the Bears haven't even closed on the AH property.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wulfy
MVP

As an STH and a PSL Owner - I'm expecting to get screwed on this. At the very least, I would hope we would get priority on picking seats and perhaps a very minor discount on the PSL (5 to 10%). That's what they did for the old school Soldier Field season ticket holders before the Spaceship landed.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:44 pm As an STH and a PSL Owner - I'm expecting to get screwed on this. At the very least, I would hope we would get priority on picking seats and perhaps a very minor discount on the PSL (5 to 10%). That's what they did for the old school Soldier Field season ticket holders before the Spaceship landed.
There's not a lot of loyalty between teams and even such as you who shelled out big bucks to follow their team. The motto seems to be 'what have you done for me recently'.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
IE
Hall of Famer

Personally I'd rather invest in a PSL for an indoor, year-round stadium than Soldier Field.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!