Who's your late round guy (even UDFA) for the Bears?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

This is my late round guy who I really want the Bears to pick up.

4 time national champion. Classic coach's son. Very bright and student of the game. Really big dude who can run. Good blocker and good hands. 4-sport athlete who didn't play TE until college sort of gives me a Kelce vibe. Injuries probably drop him to 7th round and maybe even UDFA. I think he's worth a pick, and I think a nice pairing with Kmet.

PFF had him with a grade above 80 but he didn't have enough snaps due to injury. They're projecting him around 270 but had a grade of a top 5 TE.

DRAFTBUZZ PROFILE: BIO
In 2018 as a freshman Gindorff saw action in 8 games for the Bison as he made 10 receptions for a solid 170 yards for an average of 17.0 yards per reception, with 6 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 151.8. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks. He's going to run a 4.75-4.8 most likely. But many productive TEs do they just have a "knack".

- As a sophomore in 2019 he played 16 games and had just 11 catches for 87 yards for an average of 7.9 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and a solid QB rating when targeted of 79.2. In pass protection he gave up one pressure and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
- As a junior in 2020 he played 10 games and hauled in a solid 17 catches for a solid 193 yards for an average of 11.4 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an impressive QB rating when targeted of 97.1.
- As a senior in 2021 he played 12 games and had only 6 catches for only 74 yards for an average of 12.3 yards per catch, one TD, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 142.7. In pass protection he gave up 2 pressures and no sacks.

The sixth-year Senior finished his collegiate career with 44 receptions for 522 yards and 12 touchdowns. Gindorff battled injuries throughout his Bison career, including ending each of the past two seasons early with season-ending injuries. He won three National Championships during his playing career at NDSU.

As of right now Gindorff could be a late-round draft pick or get an opportunity to sign with a team as an undrafted free agent.
Last edited by IE on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

Jalen Graham, LB, Purdue.

He gives me real Shaq Leonard vibes.
wulfy
MVP

Not sure of the definiton of late round so I'll say 5th round or later .... I haven't seen a lot of the small schol guys play, but I have seen TE Luke Schoonmaker of Michigan play and feel he would be a great compliment to Kmet. I seem him rated fairly consistently as the 10th best TE in the draft and that surprises me. He's a really good inline blocker and is effective in the middle of the field.

My guess is he's probably not going to time really fast (4.8sih) so should be there in the late 4th (Philly Quinn pick) or early 5th. Was surprised he came out early, but probably another player tired of Harbaugh's Psycho Act.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Most of my early "late steals" eventually get spotted and rise out of "late" status.
Realistic "late guys" mostly won't surface until after Combine/Pro Day.

Some current ones:

LB Orji
TE Kuntz
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Consider this a second to both Orji (Vanderbilt) and Graham (Purdue).

Dunno if he qualifies, cos the Combine is likely to give his draft stock wings, but I loves me some Carrington Valentine.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
cblaz11
MVP

Andrew Vorhees-OG-USC- I feel so strongly about him that I think he’s a day 1 starter if needed. Nasty in the run game, leader, and has improved significantly in pass pro each year
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Andre Iosivas, WR, Princeton. 6'3". Track star speed.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

This guy is all Red Zone. He's 6'5". Supposed to be slow but I don't care. He's fast enough to get to a point on the field inside the 20 and catch jump balls.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:49 pm TE Kuntz
If we draft a guy with that last name the jersey sales will be off the charts. :)
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:23 am A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

This guy is all Red Zone. He's 6'5". Supposed to be slow but I don't care. He's fast enough to get to a point on the field inside the 20 and catch jump balls.

I like this guy as well as Hutchinson from Iowa State. But I think they both go in the 4th. Definitely worth it to keep an eye on to snag.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
karhu
Head Coach

A half-dozen guys will probably jump out at me after the combine, but for now:

- Weird to put a Big 10 guy here, but Durham Smythe wasn't on my radar until this past week. Seems like the kind of guy who gets drafted in the fifth but plays like a second-round steal.

- I'd written off Isaiah Land because we don't have room for a 220-pound DE. But he's been playing LB in Mobile and playing really well. Kinda replaced Nick Hampton in my mind as a guy who could do some good stuff in a creative defensive system.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Land has been pretty impressive for a guy who didn't play off-ball LB.

Both Daiyan Henley and Ivan Pace Jr were all over the field during the game. Pace's size is a limiting factor, but I'd bet he becomes a special teams stud. Henley probably also slides to Day 3 cos he's a 24 year old rookie.
KFFL refugee.

wulfy
MVP

cblaz11 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:04 am Andrew Vorhees-OG-USC- I feel so strongly about him that I think he’s a day 1 starter if needed. Nasty in the run game, leader, and has improved significantly in pass pro each year
You’re all in on the Trojans this year, cblaz.
dave99
Assistant Coach

PFF flagged Stanford WR Michael Wilson
We talked about Stanford’s Michael Wilson a lot in the Day 1 recap, but we had to give him another shoutout on Day 2 for likely bringing us the play of the day. Wilson was once again able to show such a great understanding of how to win at the position with successful separation in his release, the nuances of running a route in a way that gives you an advantage, and then the athletic ability to cut and gain speed. He was another winner on Day 2.

[video][/video]
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Nick Herbig :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Dorian Williams LB Tulane
6’0 230
A bit high-hipped and stiff but his instincts and straight line speed lead to excellent production during Tulane’s cotton bowl winning season this year

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/.amp/draf ... n-williams
xyt in the discord chats
wulfy
MVP

Shout-out to my favorite name in the Draft ....

Bumper Pool | LB | Arkansas
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wulfy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:53 am Shout-out to my favorite name in the Draft ....

Bumper Pool | LB | Arkansas
Better than Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion

or

Bula Schmidt :bs: OC Fresno State Image
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

wulfy
MVP

Zack looks like he just saw his first pair of women's underpants.

Wesley Mallard of the Oregon Ducks was always a favorite!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wulfy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:20 pm Zack looks like he just saw his first pair of women's underpants.
KFFL refugee.

karhu
Head Coach

Maybe it's because I lived so close to Jamaica for a while, but Jahfari Harvey and Khalef Hailassie would be crucial.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.