Who wins?

Chiefs
55%
Eagles
45%

Total votes: 11
wab
Mod

LacertineForest wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:06 pm I'm still in disbelief that the Eagles couldn't get pressure on a gimped Mahomes - not a single sack! How did that actually happen?
I think they schemed to keep him in the pocket because he's so dangerous on the move. I don't really have a good answer though...it was hard to believe.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm
LacertineForest wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:06 pm I'm still in disbelief that the Eagles couldn't get pressure on a gimped Mahomes - not a single sack! How did that actually happen?
I think they schemed to keep him in the pocket because he's so dangerous on the move. I don't really have a good answer though...it was hard to believe.
The answer is the eagles pass rush was good, but overhyped by a soft schedule along with mahomes being awesome and andy Reid a hell of a coach.
LacertineForest
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:29 pm
wab wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm

The answer is the eagles pass rush was good, but overhyped by a soft schedule along with mahomes being awesome and andy Reid a hell of a coach.
I'm sure the line deserves a good deal of credit, too. They heard all the same stuff everyone else did for two weeks about how great the Eagles lines were, and I'm sure that was a motivator (although not sure you need much motivation when you're playing in the friggin' super bowl).
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Just watched a short vid showing how the Eagles over rotated their Man defense vs motion against the Jags in week 4 and that was the same play concept Reid used for the Kardarius Toney and Sky Moore TD's.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:02 am Just watched a short vid showing how the Eagles over rotated their Man defense vs motion against the Jags in week 4 and that was the same play concept Reid used for the Kardarius Toney and Sky Moore TD's.
It gave me flashbacks of when Daniel Jones kept running free on bootlegs against us this year. He just kept running the same play and we kept falling for it every damn time.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:17 am
Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:02 am Just watched a short vid showing how the Eagles over rotated their Man defense vs motion against the Jags in week 4 and that was the same play concept Reid used for the Kardarius Toney and Sky Moore TD's.
It gave me flashbacks of when Daniel Jones kept running free on bootlegs against us this year. He just kept running the same play and we kept falling for it every damn time.
It was that game that made me lose all confidence in Williams as DC.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:33 am
dplank wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:17 am

It was that game that made me lose all confidence in Williams as DC.
To be honest, I wholeheartedly believe that was mostly on the DE's as they have contain as the edge rusher. Quinn Especially was known for crashing down (inside the OT at times) and giving up on contain in order to take an inside pass rush.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!