Update: Aaron Rodgers tears achilles, done for 2023

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If a discussion about UFOs breaks out I will be banned inside of one microsecond so I decline to participate. Let alone any of the other topics Rodgers' discusses.

The only thing I'm going to say is that as an interviewee I find Rodgers to be massively entertaining. I enjoyed the hell out of his Joe Rogan appearance too.

That is all.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Given Mr. Rodgers' recent behaviour it would seem the only thing higher than "the high-altitude objects the U.S. has downed over the past week" is him! (And that isn't a comment on whether he's right or wrong in what he said on the McAfee show.)
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:38 am If a discussion about UFOs breaks out I will be banned inside of one microsecond so I decline to participate. Let alone any of the other topics Rodgers' discusses.

The only thing I'm going to say is that as an interviewee I find Rodgers to be massively entertaining. I enjoyed the hell out of his Joe Rogan appearance too.

That is all.
I've said it before, but I find him incredibly interesting. Not in either a good/bad way, but just in a curious way.
IE
Hall of Famer

LOL Rodgers clearly thinks that the government can fool the population of the entire interconnected information world as easily as he looks off a safety. Um... no.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
IE
Hall of Famer

Rodger's performance last season was about exactly what should have been expected, based on his prior performance in seasons without Getsy by his side. Correlation without causation? Looks to me like Getsy had a big impact on him. He was there and AR was better. Then he left and AR looked like he was going downhill. Then he returned and AR looked resurgent. Then last year he reverted to non-Getsy stats.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Somebody's taken too many hard sacks.

Or not enough.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

IE wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:13 pm Rodger's performance last season was about exactly what should have been expected, based on his prior performance in seasons without Getsy by his side. Correlation without causation? Looks to me like Getsy had a big impact on him. He was there and AR was better. Then he left and AR looked like he was going downhill. Then he returned and AR looked resurgent. Then last year he reverted to non-Getsy stats.
Getsy was a big loss, but I think both Hackett and Adams leaving had a lot to do with it too.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I'm hoping the Packers hold onto him wanting more than a team will give them and then Rodgers says 'screw it, I'll just retire."

He's gone, Packers get nothing for him.

Or, after no one give them what they want he either gets knocked out the first play of the year or when the Bears play him.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:13 pm
IE wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:13 pm Rodger's performance last season was about exactly what should have been expected, based on his prior performance in seasons without Getsy by his side. Correlation without causation? Looks to me like Getsy had a big impact on him. He was there and AR was better. Then he left and AR looked like he was going downhill. Then he returned and AR looked resurgent. Then last year he reverted to non-Getsy stats.
Getsy was a big loss, but I think both Hackett and Adams leaving had a lot to do with it too.
I dont think Getsy really had anything to do with Rodgers in the grand scheme of things
RichH55
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:44 am
AZ_Bearfan wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:40 am
I can attest to this on a smaller scale.

I’m into floating tanks where I sit in total darkness for an hour or longer.

No music. Nothing. Totally naked. Complete darkness. No I’m not high or under the influence of anything at all.

I’ve had visions in there which usually take the form of a purple dragon communicating with me.

One time we stood on the shores of an orange creamsicle lava lake underground and just talked about stuff. Another time we toured the solar system and I just watched Jupiter rotate in its orbit.

The trick is that you have to go in there with your mind totally blank.

All of you should do this. You come out of the experience as if somebody hit the Reset button on your mind.

Tell that purple dragon SOB to stop overhyping Roquon
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Arkansasbear wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:55 pm I'm hoping the Packers hold onto him wanting more than a team will give them and then Rodgers says 'screw it, I'll just retire."

He's gone, Packers get nothing for him.

Or, after no one give them what they want he either gets knocked out the first play of the year or when the Bears play him.
Your post gets my vote for best in thread thus far. :thumbsup:
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I hope he'll walk away from GB and scratch that show-business itch he's had. Get him off the field but keep him around for laughs.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I hope he enjoys his isolation so much that he makes it a permanent thing :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

IE
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:13 pm
For this past year maybe - but the pattern extends back through previous Getsy departures and re-joins and is remarkably similar to this past year. Just an observation.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Rodgers retiring is absolute best case scenario

Packers get nothing for him (noted above) and thats one more team that didnt wind up with Rodgers that needs a QB
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:58 pm I hope he enjoys his isolation so much that he makes it a permanent thing :thumbsup:
I could live with that outcome.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I think he's going to call it a day.
wab
Mod

RichH55 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:48 pm Rodgers retiring is absolute best case scenario

Packers get nothing for him (noted above) and thats one more team that didnt wind up with Rodgers that needs a QB
And it fucks with their cap.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

he's spent way more time telling people about the isolation than he has experiencing it, sooooooo, not likely.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Shots fired!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -scrutiny/

“If he is that sensitive that he gets upset that people, reporters, opinion-makers, influencers, whoever, want to talk about him, he is going to struggle in New York,” Barber said, via SI.com. “And I don’t know if it’s the right fit for him. I don’t know if I want him in New York if this is going to be his reaction to things that don’t matter.”

Barber echoed a point that was made here, after Rodgers ranted that Rapoport and Schefter “don’t know shit” about him.

“If Aaron Rodgers doesn’t want people talking about him, talking about his offseason, talking about his personal life, talking about all these things that are going on with Aaron Rodgers, he needs to stop talking,” Barber said.

“When you go, and you do something that feels odd to normal society — which is going to sit in a cabin in the woods for four days in complete sensory isolation, [the media is] gonna talk about it. You have to. It’s our job to. And for him to get offended by that, he’s not going to handle the intensity of the New York mediascape — that’s obviously traditional media, social and everything else — if he’s here.”

Amen to all of that. Rodgers is like so many athletes and celebrities who want fame and attention on their own terms. All the praise, with none of the criticism.

Hey everybody, look at me . . . what the hell are you looking at?
wab
Mod

I'm going to merge these two Rodgers topics.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Maybe I read this wrong, but he's going to spend 4 days in total darkness. So how is he going to find his way to the bathroom and take care of normal bodily functions in total darkness?
dplank
Hall of Famer

pus wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:00 am Maybe I read this wrong, but he's going to spend 4 days in total darkness. So how is he going to find his way to the bathroom and take care of normal bodily functions in total darkness?
You wipe until there's some friction
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Okay I guess that was a dumb question - I should have known.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:13 am
RichH55 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:48 pm Rodgers retiring is absolute best case scenario

The cherry on top

There is also a scenario where Jordan Love looks just competent enough that they both can't move on from him after next year - go like 8-9 so they only get a so-so pick - and Love ultimately isn't the guy but it becomes a longer time frame to learn that

It's going to be weird having to want the Packers to thread that needle. Them going like 2-15 rather than 7-10 is actually a worse outcome.
dplank
Hall of Famer

RichH55 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:43 am
wab wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:13 am

The cherry on top

There is also a scenario where Jordan Love looks just competent enough that they both can't move on from him after next year - go like 8-9 so they only get a so-so pick - and Love ultimately isn't the guy but it becomes a longer time frame to learn that

It's going to be weird having to want the Packers to thread that needle. Them going like 2-15 rather than 7-10 is actually a worse outcome.
Wait, why does it fuck with their cap"? Don't they get immediate cap relief if he retires?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Sorry forgot to copy the link:
The Packers would have $40,313,570 of dead money, a salary cap charge for a player no longer on the roster, with Rodgers retiring. The dead money would consist of $32.640 million in roster bonus proration and the $7,673,570 of 2023 bonus proration that already existed before Rodgers' new deal.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:01 pm
RichH55 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:43 am

The cherry on top

Wait, why does it fuck with their cap"? Don't they get immediate cap relief if he retires?

It acts like a Cut in terms of moving up the Pro-rated Bonus hits basically

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agen ... 20retiring.
dplank
Hall of Famer

hahaha - please retire!
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

pus wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:00 am Maybe I read this wrong, but he's going to spend 4 days in total darkness. So how is he going to find his way to the bathroom and take care of normal bodily functions in total darkness?
Good question. :clap:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural