The "Gardner Minshew" Memorial Thread of Whatever

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

So this is why they didn’t trade for the first pick…
IE
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:55 am I think he'd be really good at Indy too - but I hope they feel bitten enough by the vet signing of Matty Ice that they have their focus set on getting a top QB in the draft.
Cool, well Indy is still probably going to pick a QB, but our boy has his chance to win this job for real this year.

TMP - keep the faith... we're getting there.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:17 pm Look at what showed up on Instagram!

He's back and better than ever!

How long before TMP's hero starts rocking a pair of these? :lol:
‘Daisy Dudes,’ skimpy shorts for men, divide Twitter: ‘My junk would come out’

https://nypost.com/2023/06/30/daisy-dud ... e-twitter/
BreadNCircuses
Assistant Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:04 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:17 pm Look at what showed up on Instagram!

He's back and better than ever!

How long before TMP's hero starts rocking a pair of these? :lol:
‘Daisy Dudes,’ skimpy shorts for men, divide Twitter: ‘My junk would come out’

https://nypost.com/2023/06/30/daisy-dud ... e-twitter/
Whatever else can be said about him,, he has a sense of humor. He's like the budget baker mayfield of the commercials
2023 Preseason Downside prediction:
5-6 wins, never really healthy all season, a constant shuffling.
We're potentially in a position to draft in the Top 5 again, depending on the Carolina team, and probably have a low-teens (or better) pick ourselves.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Alright TMP, I want an honest answer.

Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm Alright TMP, I want an honest answer.

Over the last 20 games, would Gardner Minshew have had more wins in Chicago than Justin Fields had?
Wins? No. Our defense is putrid.

Better play? Heck yeah. Without question.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 pm
Oh, absolutely.

Not that many.
And it wouldn't help any.
And it wouldn't make any sense to be starting someone like that in this situation.

But of course he would have won more.
Tampa Bay 1 week ago, just for starters.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I would say yes, but I have a bit of a minshew bias.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:56 pm

I would say yes, but I have a bit of a minshew bias.
Absolutely they would. The bar is set incredibly low.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

TMP, you may want to sit down...

Colts QB Anthony Richardson is to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery and therefore Gardner Minshew will be the starter the rest of the season.

otis
Pro Bowler

sweet jesus, i hope he only signed a one year contract. our qb problems are over!
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

otis wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:40 pm sweet jesus, i hope he only signed a one year contract. our qb problems are over!
Shh, don't tell TMP but yes he only signed a one year deal and is a free agent next year.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:23 pm
otis wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:40 pm sweet jesus, i hope he only signed a one year contract. our qb problems are over!
Shh, don't tell TMP but yes he only signed a one year deal and is a free agent next year.
Like he doesn't already have a calender with the start of FA circled and a picture of Minshew in jorts next to it
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

My gosh can you imagine that day? What bliss.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

Minshew is a great QB. He has a chance to showcase his immense talents at Indy. We also need a QB. It’s fairly obvious to me that Minshew would be substantially better than JF1.

Signing Minshew gives us a quality starter while still maintaining our hold on the 1 and 2 picks.

This is the way.

You gentlemen may want to stock up on mullet wigs (bonus points for growing your own) and cutting your own jorts now and hide your women because The Era Of The Sex Panther is coming.

I kind of like this.

He's. - at worst - a good Bridge QB candidate. Shouldn't cost the 18 million Glennon contract

And even some upside to boot
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:35 pm The Dream Scenario (Dare I say, fantasy?) of mine has always been for Sex Panther to come here and now it looks like it could happen.

This is the way.

The reaction you will have if the Bears sign him this off-season will almost be worth all the losses we have had to endure.

He actually does make a ton of sense for this team next season in pretty much any scenario.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:52 pm

This is the way.

The reaction you will have if the Bears sign him this off-season will almost be worth all the losses we have had to endure.

He actually does make a ton of sense for this team next season in pretty much any scenario.
It really will make the last two years worth it.

Even if we suck again just the sheer swagger and personality of the whole thing.

This mullet wearing hillbilly pulls up in an RV. Sleeps in the parking lot during TC and game weeks.

He really is a good QB, but I can’t imagine his contract being overbearing from a cap perspective.

It’s a fair question to ask, what would you rather have:

#1 overall traded down to 3 firsts and 2 seconds with Gardner Minshew

Or

Caleb Williams
wab
Mod

Even if they sign Minshew, there's nothing stopping them from drafting Williams at 1 and sitting him for a year.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:05 pm Even if they sign Minshew, there's nothing stopping them from drafting Williams at 1 and sitting him for a year.
Well except Williams wish to join the Bears and sit for a year…..
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

This is the way.

I can certainly imagine your reaction if that day ever happens... and rather wish I couldn't!

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm It’s a fair question to ask, what would you rather have:

Or

Caleb Williams
Um...
NFL QB Index, Week 7
Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer

Rank 31: Gardner Minshew
Down 8

We had to know Minshew’s run of doing just enough might eventually end. I just didn’t expect it to conclude in such spectacularly ugly fashion. Minshew was downright atrocious in Jacksonville on Sunday, throwing passes into traffic and watching three of them result in interceptions (the total could have been as high as five). He also was strip-sacked by Josh Allen, robbing the Colts of a chance to keep pace with the Jaguars. With Indianapolis buried in a deep deficit and lacking much of a running game to speak of, he had no choice but to air it out. That’s where he found a bit of a groove, connecting with Alec Pierce, Michael Pittman Jr. and Josh Downs (the latter scored on a 2-yard touchdown pass), but it came far too late. Minshew is going to need to be better or Indianapolis’ encouraging start will be forgotten by Thanksgiving.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-w ... nfl-season
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:30 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:01 pm It’s a fair question to ask, what would you rather have:

Or

Caleb Williams
Um...
NFL QB Index, Week 7
Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer

Rank 31: Gardner Minshew
Down 8

We had to know Minshew’s run of doing just enough might eventually end. I just didn’t expect it to conclude in such spectacularly ugly fashion. Minshew was downright atrocious in Jacksonville on Sunday, throwing passes into traffic and watching three of them result in interceptions (the total could have been as high as five). He also was strip-sacked by Josh Allen, robbing the Colts of a chance to keep pace with the Jaguars. With Indianapolis buried in a deep deficit and lacking much of a running game to speak of, he had no choice but to air it out. That’s where he found a bit of a groove, connecting with Alec Pierce, Michael Pittman Jr. and Josh Downs (the latter scored on a 2-yard touchdown pass), but it came far too late. Minshew is going to need to be better or Indianapolis’ encouraging start will be forgotten by Thanksgiving.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-w ... nfl-season
Ranked 31st my ass. Obviously a moron made those rankings.

GOAT Minshew is top 15 minimum.

You’ll see when he’s our QB next year.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

@HisRoyalSweetness

Did you know that the Minshew surname has its roots in the UK and Scotland?

You should get on the bandwagon now. He could be the biggest thing for that place since the Beatles.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

We should rename this thread "Having a bad day, click here it will make you smile."
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:56 am @HisRoyalSweetness

You should get on the bandwagon now. He could be the biggest thing for that place since the Beatles.
Scotland is still in the UK :lol:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:56 am @HisRoyalSweetness

I did not know that TMP so just looked it up. It has it's origins in Cheshire. No wonder the Minshews upped sticks to the States, surrounded by the Scousers in Liverpool and the Mancs in Manchester to the north, the Welsh to the west and the Brummies in Birmingham not too far south!

Wrexham's just over the border in Wales. Maybe Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney would be eager to by the team from the McCaskeys if Minshew is signed. They've brought a sense of fun to Wrexham AFC and they're a team on the rise!

As DD's already pointed out , Scotland is part of the UK. Our nation's full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, with Great Britain comprising England, Scotland and Wales.

Oh, and by the way Williams is also a surname that has its roots in the UK... ;)
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The Minshew dropping a dime in on the bomb in OT against the Titans.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Minshew getting the dub in OT.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Gardner The GOAT drove the Colts down the field in OT against the Titans like the Red Army into Berlin.

My boy is an FA this offseason. If this JF1 mumbo jumbo doesn't work out it's time to break out the big gun!

G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:38 pm Gardner The GOAT drove the Colts down the field in OT against the Titans like the Red Army into Berlin.

My boy is an FA this offseason. If this JF1 mumbo jumbo doesn't work out it's time to break out the big gun!

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"