9th Pick

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 am What would people’s thoughts be if the Bears traded down again and took Kancey out of Pitt?
I think he's far more interested in ADETOMIWA ADEBAWORE who has sub 4.5 speed and nearly 34" arms.
wulfy
MVP

UOK wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 am What would people’s thoughts be if the Bears traded down again and took Kancey out of Pitt?
For the same reasons that I like Van Ness, I dislike Kancey. While he has the tape, I don’t like how he projects to the next level. More interested in Adetomiwa Adebawore or Tuli Tuipulotu (have to put some lbs on him) in the Second.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The scouting report I read on Kancey gave me the willies.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect ... 6e102ff84/

I think another trade down could work out well, but I think it's to see if guys like Murphy or Bresee will be on the board at the time of the pick.
EricTighe
MVP

This scouting report may make you feel a little better.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Cal ... Pittsburgh
dave99
Assistant Coach

From PFF:
Kancey’s burst off the line and initial move can be so quick and decisive that linemen just can’t match it. Interior linemen don’t have that kind of quickness, and tackles are often making up too much ground to execute their assignment to have any hope of really stopping him.

Where he isn’t as good as Donald — and what makes any comparisons to Donald simply unfair for any player — is hand use and shedding blocks.

Donald's dominance is derived from his combination of speed, explosion and quickness with maybe the best hands in the game from a defensive line perspective. Donald always had that ability, and he separated himself from a lot of undersized, athletic interior linemen due to those skills. He is virtually impossible to block one-on-one because he will defeat the block on contact or shed it if given enough time.

It’s difficult to overstate just how good he is at that skill in the NFL, or how effective he was at it coming out of college, but it’s certainly helped separate him from the pack. Kancey isn’t by any means bad at that aspect of play — he’s just not Donald.
On the other hand another site calls him a " rolling ball of butcher knives."
[video][/video]
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

I don’t believe there’s a snowball’s chance in hell the Bears drat Kancey, especially in the first round. But Eberflus and Poles have mentioned valuing length, and Poles again went on about length when talking about Edmunds—his biggest free agency signing.

Can’t see them turning around and using a 1st round pick on a guy with 30 inch arms after all of that emphasis on length.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I’m very happy with a trade down.

Steelers or Seattle are the 2 teams I’d look to trade with.

Steelers have 17 and our 32 (I want these back)
Seattle have 20 and 37 - this would be acceptable.

I don’t know a lot about Kancey.

I definitely think we need Adetomiwa Adebawore in the draft. Could be a late round 2.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

IE
Hall of Famer

TheWorldBreaker wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:20 pm I don’t believe there’s a snowball’s chance in hell the Bears drat Kancey, especially in the first round. But Eberflus and Poles have mentioned valuing length, and Poles again went on about length when talking about Edmunds—his biggest free agency signing.

Can’t see them turning around and using a 1st round pick on a guy with 30 inch arms after all of that emphasis on length.
Poles explicity said that they will discount their preference for measurables if a guy jumps out on tape as being simply a great football player. That explains their signing of Edwards whose RAS is "meh" but his produciton is top notch. Production talks.

It would not be inconsistent to pick someone with measurables outside of the ideal if they think production will overwhelm. That was straight from Poles' mouth last spring.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

IE wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 pm
TheWorldBreaker wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:20 pm I don’t believe there’s a snowball’s chance in hell the Bears drat Kancey, especially in the first round. But Eberflus and Poles have mentioned valuing length, and Poles again went on about length when talking about Edmunds—his biggest free agency signing.

Poles explicity said that they will discount their preference for measurables if a guy jumps out on tape as being simply a great football player. That explains their signing of Edwards whose RAS is "meh" but his produciton is top notch. Production talks.

It would not be inconsistent to pick someone with measurables outside of the ideal if they think production will overwhelm. That was straight from Poles' mouth last spring.
There’s a difference between signing someone who has proven they can do it in the NFL, and using a first round pick on a player whose measurables aren’t meh or outside of ideal but actually unprecedented in how short they are for a starter at defensive line.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:15 am
RichH55 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:50 pm

Im curious as to why you think 0%?

D. Jones has alot better movement skills than Orlando btw

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Daw ... -OhioState

10 Yard Split is quite good overall before you figure out he's a monster

He's Jordan Maliata not Orlando Brown/Jones/Bloom
I like Jones and think he will be a middle of the road starting RT at the next level. To me, that means constantly ranking somewhere between 10-20. That said, when watching his full games, I see him struggling just a little to get out vs the speed rush…He recovers because of his long arms, but in some cases his height hurts him.,he’s bending over and borderline lunging. All that can be coached…and I think he will be fine. That said, that is not something I see Poles being ok with when you consider what we ask our OTs to do.

Now, if he’s there in the 5th, maybe. My guess is he goes late 2nd or earlier.

On a side note, I think Darnell Wright carries his weigh much better and is a much better scheme fit.
Ok. Then we very very much disagree across the board here. Will see how it plays out

I didn't think the Wright kid looked all that good during Senior Bowl practice and moved worse than Jones - And that is with Jones being a Planet Killer size wise

Here is some Senior Bowl footage from his 1 day there (*).

(*) I think the one day was so impressive he got a "Senior Bowl blues" - Agent whispering you did what you needed to do and you can't help your stock anymore - but stay around for interviews with teams (which he did - and you dont do that if you actually had a concussion)

I wasn't expecting anything out of him coming in - I knew he was really big - that's it.

And they said that (truthfully) about the Minn OL last year at Senior Bowl - and he was big - but a big bucket of goo

Jones can move (good basketball prospect in high school for what its worth)

Guys his size shouldn't be able to move like that

The Tenn kid? He moved how I'd expect a 300 LB man to move - sluggishly
cblaz11
MVP

Yogi da Bear wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:05 am
cblaz11 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:51 pm

Agreed in Murphy…I hate when people hold past athletes from the same college against a current athlete…yet, I can’t stop doing it with Murphy lol. I need to look at him again.

Van Ness has so much potential…Guy fits our philosophy to a T. Hustle…traits…character. Get him in the building and trust the coaches to get the best out of him.

I think you guys need to look at Nolan Smith again…he played really well with his hand in the dirt and I think the Micah comps are warranted.

Breese just can’t stay healthy….
Cblaz, ever since your touting of Brandon Albert, I've almost always agreed with your analysis of prospects. Hell, I even incorporated Albert into my Picnic Basket that year. But I simply can't in the case of Nolan Smith.

My biggest gripe is his size. Not only his weight at 238, but his height at 6'2". I like 4-3 DEs to be 6'4" to 6'6" and 270 plus pounds. Because of his height, he can't add much more weight to his frame, so at best, you're looking at a 6'2", 250 lb DE in a 4-3. I don't believe that's enough to hold up long term in the NFL at the position.

In fact, Smith has already been hurt in the relatively short collegiate season in BOTH '21 and '22. And that's as only a part time hand in the dirt DE in facing college OTs. But not only that, Georgia often rested him in game in his OLB/DE role for long stretches. And yes, as a DE, Smith sometimes can use his speed to great effect, but more often when an OT gets his hands on him, he gets subsumed.

So I thought back to Georgia's thoroughly manhandling my Ducks in the first game of the season, and quite frankly, I don't remember much at all of Smith in that game. So I looked back, and sure enough, he didn't have much of an impact in the Bulldog's thorough dismantling of us, and Smith inexplicably went missing for long stretches of the game (and that was before the game was thoroughly out of hand), and when he was in, he was pretty effectively blocked. It wasn't Smith who created problems for the Duck offense.

I found similar in the South Carolina and Florida tapes: inexplicable on field absences accompanied by quite a few instances where he was thoroughly block interspersed with the occasional flashes of athleticism, most usually when he's unblocked.

Man, that Georgia defense is tough across the board, but sorry, I have to go Nancy Reagan on Smith as a 4-3 DE--"Just say no." As a 3-4 OLB though, he shows a lot of promise.

As to Bresee, I think we'd have a hard time holding on to him when free agency came up:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-P
Thanks for that Yogi! Always look forward to your picnic baskets!

As far as Smith, full disclosure…I haven’t watched tape on him at all…then I started thinking a little out of the box and went as watched a little. I’m not even sure I’m sold on him, I was really just kind of tossing it out to see what you guys thought.

That said, in my limited research on him, I was definitely impressed with what I saw with his hand in the dirt. He’s probably too small…but I think he can easily add some weight. My main concern with him is what you touched on…the injuries.
duckherd50
Player of the Month

RichH55 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 pm

I like Jones and think he will be a middle of the road starting RT at the next level. To me, that means constantly ranking somewhere between 10-20. That said, when watching his full games, I see him struggling just a little to get out vs the speed rush…He recovers because of his long arms, but in some cases his height hurts him.,he’s bending over and borderline lunging. All that can be coached…and I think he will be fine. That said, that is not something I see Poles being ok with when you consider what we ask our OTs to do.

On a side note, I think Darnell Wright carries his weigh much better and is a much better scheme fit.
Ok. Then we very very much disagree across the board here. Will see how it plays out

I didn't think the Wright kid looked all that good during Senior Bowl practice and moved worse than Jones - And that is with Jones being a Planet Killer size wise

(*) I think the one day was so impressive he got a "Senior Bowl blues" - Agent whispering you did what you needed to do and you can't help your stock anymore - but stay around for interviews with teams (which he did - and you dont do that if you actually had a concussion)

I wasn't expecting anything out of him coming in - I knew he was really big - that's it.

And they said that (truthfully) about the Minn OL last year at Senior Bowl - and he was big - but a big bucket of goo

I thought the Wright kid was the talk at the Senior Bowl? I thought he impressed everyone so much that he went from a mid 2nd to a potential 1st. Then, I believe he impressed with his measurables at the combine as well
duckherd50
Player of the Month

I thought the Wright kid was the talk at the Senior Bowl? I thought he impressed everyone so much that he went from a mid 2nd to a potential mid 1st. Then, I believe he impressed with his measurables at the combine as well
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Wright is most likely gonna go in the first round. So is Dawand Jones (won't be surprised to see him in Cincinnati). Demand is too high.

FWIW, I think Wright can play in a zone system just fine.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
bbaker
Journeyman

Watch the Tennessee vs Alabama game and focus on Wright vs Will Anderson 1-on-1. Anderson wins a few reps, but for the most part, Wright owns him.
BigDaddy
Practice Squad

Jesus, 30 inch arms? What a he, a fucking TRex?
RichH55
Hall of Famer

bbaker wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:10 am Watch the Tennessee vs Alabama game and focus on Wright vs Will Anderson 1-on-1. Anderson wins a few reps, but for the most part, Wright owns him.
Its Wright's best tape and against premium competition.

I am mainly judging from Senior Bowl week myself
RichH55
Hall of Famer

duckherd50 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 am

I thought the Wright kid was the talk at the Senior Bowl? I thought he impressed everyone so much that he went from a mid 2nd to a potential mid 1st. Then, I believe he impressed with his measurables at the combine as well
I think the NFL.com write up seems pretty on point for the Tenn kid

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darnell-w ... c7afd9f5d5

Overview
Right tackle prospect who used his size and power to overcome athletic limitations and spotty technique on the collegiate level. The tape can be a little uneven for Wright with poor block finishes followed up by aggressive pancakes. He played with much better body control and footwork in 2022, though. Wright is capable of staying at right tackle at the next level provided he’s given protection help from time to time. While he was often a positional blocker at Tennessee, he’s a very talented drive blocker when allowed to fire out. There will be inconsistent outings, but Wright should develop into a decent starting tackle with the potential to kick inside if necessary.

Comp is DJ Fluker
bbaker
Journeyman

RichH55 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:34 am
bbaker wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:10 am Watch the Tennessee vs Alabama game and focus on Wright vs Will Anderson 1-on-1. Anderson wins a few reps, but for the most part, Wright owns him.
Its Wright's best tape and against premium competition.

I am mainly judging from Senior Bowl week myself
Of course the Senior Bowl is important, especially for measuring prospects against top talent when they didn’t face it during their regular seasons. But, I think real game film against elite talent is much more valuable. There was no one at the Senior Bowl at Will Anderson’s level to judge these guys against.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

On the 9th Pick - and Bears drafting in general.

MY speculation (just speculation)

I think we will do two things (MAYBE at the same time)

I think we will trade down from #9 - but trade up in the 2nd

I don't know why but Seattle strikes me as interesting.

I could see them pulling the trigger on a guy they like at number 5 - but still wanting a guy at #9 - And coming up for #20 to get him

The Fields trade is interesting from that perspective - that 20 to 11....so we should get more
Fields trade #20 overall and 5th - and next years 1st and 4th

So could that mean #20, 1st next year (Seattle can choose if that should be Denver or Seattle pick) and say their earlier 2nd rounder *(they have 2 2nds) for #9 and one of our 4ths
wab
Mod

FWIW - Will Anderson said that Wright is the best OT he’s ever faced.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:26 pm FWIW - Will Anderson said that Wright is the best OT he’s ever faced.
I've read lots of good about Wright. I just wonder, though, he's reportedly 335 pounds, a bit heftier than the Poles' ideal.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

RichH55 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:37 am
duckherd50 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 am I thought the Wright kid was the talk at the Senior Bowl? I thought he impressed everyone so much that he went from a mid 2nd to a potential mid 1st. Then, I believe he impressed with his measurables at the combine as well
I think the NFL.com write up seems pretty on point for the Tenn kid

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darnell-w ... c7afd9f5d5

Overview
Right tackle prospect who used his size and power to overcome athletic limitations and spotty technique on the collegiate level. The tape can be a little uneven for Wright with poor block finishes followed up by aggressive pancakes. He played with much better body control and footwork in 2022, though. Wright is capable of staying at right tackle at the next level provided he’s given protection help from time to time. While he was often a positional blocker at Tennessee, he’s a very talented drive blocker when allowed to fire out. There will be inconsistent outings, but Wright should develop into a decent starting tackle with the potential to kick inside if necessary.

Comp is DJ Fluker
What’s interesting about this write up is that his athletic testing was much better than people expected and was the second highest which I’ve seen has now moved him into the first round in some mocks.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

duckherd50 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 am

I absolutely fell in love with Jones during that first Senior Bowl practice. I've always loved those mauler types. And Jones is faster that you'd think. Still, the question becomes whether he fits our system. Oh, I have no doubt he'd be fine pass protection. He uses his bulk consume defenders and his length to push them past the QB. But it's one thing to have the speed to do that and quite another to accomplish a reach block in our offense. I don't think that Jones has the speed to do that. In this circumstance, his pure size works against him. He has to get his entire bulk to the outside of the defender and turn him. That's a lot of ask for a guy 6'8", 350 pounds with a 1.92 ten-yard split.

Having said that, I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we drafted him. Don't think we will, but I'd be very happy. Perhaps Getsy could tailor the offense to him--running strictly a power game on that right side. But I simply don't see it happening. Poles doesn't work that way.
EricTighe
MVP

Love Jones since day 1. Still do. But he is not what we are looking for as in scheme fit. As Poles said in his conversation about why we didn't go for Orlando Brown.

You want a scheme fit to Tee. Even though he isn't a first-rounder. Here he is.

BLAKE FREELAND OT BYU | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT

40 TIME: 4.98 SECONDS (94%*)
MEASURABLES:
HEIGHT: 6-7 (76%*) WEIGHT: 302 (17%*)
HANDS: 10 (47%*) ARM: 33 7/8 (43%*)
SPAN: 82 5/8 (76%*)
FORTY: 4.98 (C) (94%*)
SHUTTLE: 4.71 (C) (59%*)
10 YARD SPLIT: 1.68 (C) (93%*)
VERTICAL: 37 (C) (100%*)
BROAD JUMP: 120 (C) (99%*)
THREE CONE: 7.46 (C) (86%*)

In 2019 as a freshman Freeland saw action in 7 games and played a total of 502 snaps for the Cougars. He allowed 10 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right tackle.

As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 11 games and a total of 452 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.

In 2021 as a junior Freeland saw action in 13 games and totaled 876 snaps. He gave up just 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at left tackle.

In 2022 as a senior Freeland saw action in 12 games and played a total of 805 snaps for the Cougars. He allowed a solid 5 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.

The most athletic O-Lineman in this class.
EricTighe
MVP

Get the stakes and torches out because I am going to piss a whole lot of guys off with this. But at number 9 if we stay put I will be happy with any of these guys.

DE Wilson
DL Breese
CB Gonzales

ok and here it comes. Arguably the best player in the draft regardless of position.

BIJAN ROBINSON RB TEXAS

40 TIME: 4.46 SECONDS (81%*)
MEASURABLES:
HEIGHT: 5-11 (57%*) WEIGHT: 215 (55%*)
HANDS: 9 3/4 (77%*) ARM: 31 1/8 (55%*)
SPAN: 74 6/8 (57%*)
FORTY: 4.46 (C) (81%*)
SHUTTLE:
10 YARD SPLIT: 1.52 (C) (87%*)
VERTICAL: 37 (C) (79%*)
BROAD JUMP: 124 (C) (84%*)

I am really warming up to this idea. He would make our whole line better and teams will be scared shitless to blitz with his kid rolling out in the flat. I am one person that might even do a cart wheel or two if we grab him.

In 2020 as a freshman he burst onto the scene seeing action in 9 games for the Longhorns as he ran for 705 yards on 87 attempts for an average of 8.1 yards per carry adding with 4 TDs, and a fumble. As a receiver, he made 15 receptions for 196 yards.

As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 10 games. and rushed for 1127 yards on 195 carries for an average of 5.8 ypc, with 11 TDs, and 3 fumbles. In the passing game, he pulled in 26 receptions for 293 yards.

Robinson was Named first-team All-Big 12 by conference coaches and the Associated Press and furthermore, awarded a Maxwell Award, Doak Walker Award, and Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award, semifinalist.

In 2022 as a junior Robinson saw action in 12 games for the Longhorns. He ran for an elite 1575 yards on 257 attempts for 6.1 ypc, with 18 TDs, with 2 fumbles. As a receiver, he made 19 receptions for 314 yards.

Oh yeah, he is supposedly the type of kid you would want your daughter to bring home. Really hard to find something to not like about him. Except don't take an RB in round 1.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

EricTighe wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:50 pm Get the stakes and torches out because I am going to piss a whole lot of guys off with this. But at number 9 if we stay put I will be happy with any of these guys.

DE Wilson
DL Breese
CB Gonzales

ok and here it comes. Arguably the best player in the draft regardless of position.

BIJAN ROBINSON RB TEXAS

40 TIME: 4.46 SECONDS (81%*)
MEASURABLES:
HEIGHT: 5-11 (57%*) WEIGHT: 215 (55%*)
HANDS: 9 3/4 (77%*) ARM: 31 1/8 (55%*)
SPAN: 74 6/8 (57%*)
FORTY: 4.46 (C) (81%*)
SHUTTLE:
10 YARD SPLIT: 1.52 (C) (87%*)
VERTICAL: 37 (C) (79%*)
BROAD JUMP: 124 (C) (84%*)

I am really warming up to this idea. He would make our whole line better and teams will be scared shitless to blitz with his kid rolling out in the flat. I am one person that might even do a cart wheel or two if we grab him.

In 2020 as a freshman he burst onto the scene seeing action in 9 games for the Longhorns as he ran for 705 yards on 87 attempts for an average of 8.1 yards per carry adding with 4 TDs, and a fumble. As a receiver, he made 15 receptions for 196 yards.

As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 10 games. and rushed for 1127 yards on 195 carries for an average of 5.8 ypc, with 11 TDs, and 3 fumbles. In the passing game, he pulled in 26 receptions for 293 yards.

Robinson was Named first-team All-Big 12 by conference coaches and the Associated Press and furthermore, awarded a Maxwell Award, Doak Walker Award, and Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award, semifinalist.

In 2022 as a junior Robinson saw action in 12 games for the Longhorns. He ran for an elite 1575 yards on 257 attempts for 6.1 ypc, with 18 TDs, with 2 fumbles. As a receiver, he made 19 receptions for 314 yards.

Oh yeah, he is supposedly the type of kid you would want your daughter to bring home. Really hard to find something to not like about him. Except don't take an RB in round 1.
I go back and forth on taking Robinson at 9, just saying "screw it" to the DL problem and going all in on a Super Team Offense.

If the DL is going to suck no matter what might as well put 40 points up on the board every game.

QB: JF1
RB: Robinson
WR1: Moore
WR2: Mooney
WR3: Claypool
TE: Kmet

Imagine giving JF1 a legit RB who can get 1,000 yards + per season and be a consistent threat to break off long runs. It opens up the whole offense.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

EricTighe wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:31 pm Love Jones since day 1. Still do. But he is not what we are looking for as in scheme fit. As Poles said in his conversation about why we didn't go for Orlando Brown.

You want a scheme fit to Tee. Even though he isn't a first-rounder. Here he is.

BLAKE FREELAND OT BYU | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT

40 TIME: 4.98 SECONDS (94%*)
MEASURABLES:
HEIGHT: 6-7 (76%*) WEIGHT: 302 (17%*)
HANDS: 10 (47%*) ARM: 33 7/8 (43%*)
SPAN: 82 5/8 (76%*)
FORTY: 4.98 (C) (94%*)
SHUTTLE: 4.71 (C) (59%*)
10 YARD SPLIT: 1.68 (C) (93%*)
VERTICAL: 37 (C) (100%*)
BROAD JUMP: 120 (C) (99%*)
THREE CONE: 7.46 (C) (86%*)

In 2019 as a freshman Freeland saw action in 7 games and played a total of 502 snaps for the Cougars. He allowed 10 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right tackle.

As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 11 games and a total of 452 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.

In 2021 as a junior Freeland saw action in 13 games and totaled 876 snaps. He gave up just 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at left tackle.

In 2022 as a senior Freeland saw action in 12 games and played a total of 805 snaps for the Cougars. He allowed a solid 5 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.

The most athletic O-Lineman in this class.
FWIW, I also think that this could be the Bear target. He has all the athleticism and physical stature that Poles looks for. The biggest problem became apparent at the Senior Bowl where he should a definite weakness for inside moves and bull rushes. Remind you of anybody? lol
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:26 pm FWIW - Will Anderson said that Wright is the best OT he’s ever faced.
Bearlissimo likes him too. Good analysis.

(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:05 pm Imagine giving JF1 a legit RB who can get 1,000 yards + per season and be a consistent threat to break off long runs. It opens up the whole offense.
The Bears already have two guys who can do that in 200 carries. So they're not going to use them regularly? I know BR is a stud but the opportunity costs are too great.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!