Nashville advice?

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

On my way to Nashville for work for a few days, any advice on good places to eat or good bars to check out?
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Everything has a cover on the live music scene, so just a matter of what you want to listen to that day. Parking absolutely sucks and you need a small mortgage payment to park anywhere. Get an Uber from your hotel. Other than the grand ole opry, I found Nashville more of a ‘pick your music’ and look for the venue rather than ‘pick your meal and hope you get good music’ kind of place.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I am not a country music fan, but I couldn't pass up the slice of Americana that is the Grand Ole Opry. (It helped staying at the adjacent resort/convention center.)
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Tootsie's Orchid Lounge is a favorite. The great part in my mind is you're on Broadway where there's a bunch of places that are pick your own music. One which I can't remember name of has live band Karaoke.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
G08
Hall of Famer

BearsFanInMN wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:24 am Tootsie's Orchid Lounge is a favorite. The great part in my mind is you're on Broadway where there's a bunch of places that are pick your own music. One which I can't remember name of has live band Karaoke.
Tootsie's is great
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Burl
Crafty Veteran

dplank wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:57 am On my way to Nashville for work for a few days, any advice on good places to eat or good bars to check out?
Crap, just seeing this. When are you down? Depending on work we could get a beer.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Burl wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:36 am
dplank wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:57 am On my way to Nashville for work for a few days, any advice on good places to eat or good bars to check out?
Crap, just seeing this. When are you down? Depending on work we could get a beer.
Ah missed it bud but definitely would have been in for that! I’ll be back semi regularly now that I’m in the music business, will shoot you a DM next time

Thx to all for the suggestions, Nashville is a cool town
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

If I may ask, what are you doing in the music business? I love music so would be interested hear what you are doing.

Took my kids to Nashville 10 yrs ago. Hit the Grand Ole Opry, the resort there, the hall of fame, walked the down town. Cool area for sure. May have to go back minus the kids.