UOK
Site Admin

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Money heals all wounds
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Thanks UOK.

I could see the Bears giving up a 2024 2nd round pick and someone like Mooney. I think that would get it done, and then the Bears could recoup the 2nd in a trade down next year with Carolina's top five draft pick. Williams would be an outstanding addition to the DL. You also can't convince me that the Bears aren't rebuilding Gervon Dexter into a DT that can play anywhere along the line, including EDGE. He could play at 6'6" 280lbs next year, and be a nightmare for OT.
wulfy
MVP

Starting price for Williams would be next year's R1+. And then you need to guarantee him $100MM.

That said, he's 25 years old and might be the best 3T in football.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

No trading away 1sts any more, too valuable. He's an unrestricted free agent next year, give him a look after the season.

No one wants it to happen but the Bears have to hold onto both 1st rounders just on case Fields doesn't work out and has to be replaced. Small chance but .....
Last edited by Grizzled on Tue May 16, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:25 am Starting price for Williams would be next year's R1+. And then you need to guarantee him $100MM.

That said, he's 25 years old and might be the best 3T in football.
The price level has already been set, more or less, 4 years $90M and $60M guaranteed. The Jets are going to be desperate to create cap space going into next year, and I think they'd take a 2nd and a quality NFL player.
wulfy
MVP

My only fear is Detroit getting him.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I'd love it, but we just drafted 2 DT's. Maybe they'd take Jones as the player along with the pick?
IotaNet
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:42 am No trading away 1sts any more, too valuable. He's an unrestricted free agent next year, give him a look after the season.

No one wants it to happen but the Bears have to hold onto both 1st rounders just on case Fields doesn't work out and has to be replaced. Small chance but .....
Good point but I'd submit that it's not just about Fields.

If we haven't learned anything about Poles, we've learned that he craves flexibility in the draft. Even if Fields doesn't need to be replaced, I see Poles leveraging those firsts creatively when next year rolls around. (Marvin Harrison, Jr. anyone?)
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:24 am
Grizzled wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:42 am No trading away 1sts any more, too valuable. He's an unrestricted free agent next year, give him a look after the season.

Good point but I'd submit that it's not just about Fields.

If we haven't learned anything about Poles, we've learned that he craves flexibility in the draft. Even if Fields doesn't need to be replaced, I see Poles leveraging those firsts creatively when next year rolls around. (Marvin Harrison, Jr. anyone?)
You can't convince me at this point that we couldn't draft Harrison Jr. with the Carolina pick alone. They are going to be Top 5 bad.
LacertineForest
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 am
IotaNet wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:24 am Good point but I'd submit that it's not just about Fields.

You can't convince me at this point that we couldn't draft Harrison Jr. with the Carolina pick alone. They are going to be Top 5 bad.
I hope you're right, but I think their defense will pull them up to a better record than a team picking top-5.
IotaNet
MVP

IotaNet wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:24 am Good point but I'd submit that it's not just about Fields.

Maybe -- maybe not.

But, I don't see Poles limiting his options by trading away one of those picks -- not right now or anytime soon.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:27 am

Maybe -- maybe not.

But, I don't see Poles limiting his options by trading away one of those picks -- not right now or anytime soon.
I completely agree. Poles is building this team a certain way and it doesn't include (at least now) trading away 1st round picks. I'm betting he doesn't do any more trades like the one for Claypool with a 2nd, which many consider just about as valuable as a 1st although we need to give 'Pool at least 1/2 the season to see if plays up his potential and make the trade worthwhile.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

I agree that trading away your future first (and even 2nd) round picks is a bad policy to follow.

I think we want to be the team to whom the other organizations give up their futures.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
optimusprime
Rookie

To find the most up-to-date and accurate information about NFL trades, including the status of Quinnen Williams, I recommend checking reputable sports news sources, official team websites, or following trusted NFL reporters and insiders on social media platforms. These sources will provide the most reliable and current information regarding trades and player movements in the NFL.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

optimusprime wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:35 pm To find the most up-to-date and accurate information about NFL trades, including the status of Quinnen Williams, I recommend checking reputable sports news sources, official team websites, or following trusted NFL reporters and insiders on social media platforms. These sources will provide the most reliable and current information regarding trades and player movements in the NFL.