NFL Gives Broadcast Exclusivity to Peacock for a '23-'24 Playoff Game

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

LacertineForest
MVP

This really bothers me. I hardly watch any of the NBA playoffs anymore because it's almost all (except the finals) on subscription-based channels. The NFL had a great setup, allowing all the playoff games to be broadcast over-the-air. I hope this fails miserably, but I'm sure they'll only expand upon it.
UOK
Site Admin

I'm fine with that. I don't have cable and would rather as many games as possible be available on Peacock or Prime.
LacertineForest
MVP

UOK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:47 am I'm fine with that. I don't have cable and would rather as many games as possible be available on Peacock or Prime.
I suppose I do prefer streaming services over cable subscriptions, but I really don't want to see them do something like - this game is on Peacock, this other is on CBS all-access, another is on Prime, etc. If they go that route, then I've got a big :flick: for the NFL.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Not onboard with this. Just another money grab by a network. Why should people be forced to pay Peacock/NBC when they could see the game for free on NBC over the air or in an already paid-for cable plan?
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Grabbing money is why networks, and almost any business, exist so that doesn't bother me. Peacock pisses me off because I pay $4.99 and still get ads, have to pay $9.99 for ad free. I'm not liking that deal.