Bears New Stadium Nonsense Repository

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:48 am Anatomy of the deal for the new Bills stadium, which is breaking ground:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/5/4/2 ... ew-stadium

Financing will be from a combination of the NFL's loan program, public funding, and Bills' ownership. The stadium is supposed to be ready for the 2026 season.
Seems odd they would be building a new stadium that seats "60,000 plus." To me that means closer to 60K than 61K and clearly less that 65K. If it's below 65K it's the third smallest in the NFL, if it's less than 61,500 it's the smallest - less than Soldier Field.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:50 pm
Grizzled wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:48 am Anatomy of the deal for the new Bills stadium, which is breaking ground:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/5/4/2 ... ew-stadium

Financing will be from a combination of the NFL's loan program, public funding, and Bills' ownership. The stadium is supposed to be ready for the 2026 season.
Seems odd they would be building a new stadium that seats "60,000 plus." To me that means closer to 60K than 61K and clearly less that 65K. If it's below 65K it's the third smallest in the NFL, if it's less than 61,500 it's the smallest - less than Soldier Field.
I agree but Buffalo's not a large city.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:55 pm

I guess, but you'd think they'd try to strike big while they are on this winning stretch.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

(Ignoring the projections, which I suspect aren't at all applicable to specific local regions)

Buffalo's been shrinking steadily for quite some time. I'm pretty sure I've heard speculation about the team relocating eventually.

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/2294 ... population
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:55 pm

Yep. Plus the team being hot just means the best seats sell for more and you don't need to add costs for additional lower value seats. At a certain point artificial low stadiums aren't the worst thing for bottom line and the AT&T / Sofi Stadiums are often (1) very owner ego centric or (2) designed for other revenue opportunities which Buffalo doesn't need to scale same for as Dallas/LA (especially in a open stadium).
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:26 pm (Ignoring the projections, which I suspect aren't at all applicable to specific local regions)

Buffalo's been shrinking steadily for quite some time. I'm pretty sure I've heard speculation about the team relocating eventually.

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/2294 ... population
Wasn't there talk at one time of them relocating to Toronto? With a new stadium, that will be off the table for at least 30 more years.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bears finding it’ll take more than two-minute offense to win Springfield help for new stadium in Arlington Heights

Now they know how their fans feel.

Perhaps appropriately, the Chicago Bears will likely have to wait a little longer to get help from Springfield in their plans for a new stadium in Arlington Heights.

Lead bill sponsor state Rep. Marty Moylan, D-Des Plaines, on Wednesday told lawmakers he needs more time — and more support — to clinch a deal that he says would cost “nothing” to taxpayers. Legislators have a self-imposed deadline of Friday to pass a slew of budget measures, and all other pending matters, before the Illinois General Assembly adjourns for the legislative session.

The Bears in January said “property tax certainty is necessary for the Arlington Park project to move forward.” A new stadium alone in Arlington Heights is estimated to cost at least $2.5 billion.

Moylan’s latest plan, introduced last week, would freeze a property tax assessment for up to 40 years for the Arlington Heights stadium and create a $3 admission tax on all events held there, not just football games.

An oversight board was also added to the proposal, consisting of municipal, school and park district officials from Arlington Heights and surrounding communities. As an agreement with the Bears for the property tax freeze, the team would pay an annual amount to Arlington Heights to be shared with other local taxing districts.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I want to move the bill and the ball forward. It’s important we get this bill across the goal line, and there’s no cost to the taxpayers. It’s a win-win situation. No cost to the Bears.”

Moylan took the lead in making changes to the measure. The Bears took no position but in a statement issued with business and labor groups, the team called Moylan’s proposal an “excellent foundation.” The Bears say they hope to further develop the legislation over the summer months.

Revenue generated at the new stadium, including from state sales tax, hotel and liquor taxes and a new 3% surcharge on sports betting revenue, would be split to help surrounding communities pay for infrastructure.

Arlington Heights would receive 30% of that new revenue; Palatine and Rolling Meadows 14% apiece; and Cook County, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Schaumburg and Wheeling each getting 6% of the revenue.

Moylan told reporters the initial bill was “dead in the water.” But with the addition of labor support and 10 communities getting a part of tax revenues, he said he’s optimistic he can move the measure forward.

So far, no members of the House Democratic leadership team have publicly given the plan their support.

During the subject matter hearing, state Rep. Kam Buckner, D-Chicago, told Moylan he was concerned that the city still owes $640 million from the last Soldier Field renovation.

Buckner, who also previously worked for the Chicago Cubs, said the team spent a lot of money covering Chicago’s 9% amusement tax — and he’s concerned about the loss of that revenue when the Bears leave Chicago.

Moylan said money from a ticket enhancement would go to the city of Chicago. As far as an amusement tax, Moylan said, “we’re going to look at that and see how much that’s going to be.”

Chicago’s new mayor has said he’s not giving up on trying to keep the Bears at Soldier Field and asked the team to allow him to evaluate the matter.

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/5/17/ ... astructure
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I'm assuming any property tax freeze will be just on the stadium and maybe parking areas the Bears will control. There will be plenty of tax dollars from the rest of the developments. Plenty for all concerned to "dip their beaks".
Last edited by Grizzled on Fri May 19, 2023 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Illinois politicians could take the fun out of Christmas.

AH is going to be a multi-billion dollar development site that will revolutionize that entire area. It'll bring in billions of dollars of economic activity over it's lifespan and employ thousands of people between the stadium, hotels, restaurants, condos, construction, etc.

Yet there's an actual debate and delays about taxpayer involvement.

Then the same people that don't want a net investment by taxpayers will be the same ones bitching about the surcharges on the tickets to recoup the taxpayer cost.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 am
Middleguard wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:44 pm Assessor just bumped their assessment by 6X.
Good.
Better the money comes from the McCaskeys than from us.
Technically, The McCaskeys won't pay a dime of taxes. They will raise the cost of the tickets, food, leases, etc to cover any expense they incur from raised taxes. Pretty much every tax on a business, is a hidden tax that we all pay indirectly through raised costs to us for the service.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:19 am

Good.
Technically, The McCaskeys won't pay a dime of taxes. They will raise the cost of the tickets, food, leases, etc to cover any expense they incur from raised taxes. Pretty much every tax on a business, is a hidden tax that we all pay indirectly through raised costs to us for the service.
Eh that's not true. It's way more complex than that, but the market can still only bear out certain prices. Businesses can try and recoup the cost of taxes/surcharges, but in practice it also affects what they can sell the face value of the ticket for since the total cost someone will pay for the ticket has to include all costs.

Different products/services have different price elasticities. And sport/concert tickets is arguably one that has strong demand elasticity and will accept surcharges as pass throughs (see obscene ticket master fees). But I don't think that's absolute either and I think is likely more true for rarer tickets like a touring artist playing one show every few years in your city, than a pro football team playing 8 games.

So tax:econ activity is never some 1:1 trade off. That goes too for the "spuring economic activity" arguement too. It's very difficult to create new economic activity that isn't taking entertainment dollars away from somewhere that it's already occurring somewhere need by. Basically you need to steal away entertainment dollars from neighboring or far away states for it to not just be shuffling the econ pie for the state of IL. For AH obviously, it could be huge, but that could literally just be poaching econ activity from Rosemont or Schaumburg. Hence why you're seeing this bill try and include other cities in the payments. But as the reps from Chicago are pointing out... They're losing that econ activity too (and have the outstanding bill for the stadium to show for it).

McCaskeys and their team better bring thier. A game and real facts. States and cities are way smarter than they were even 10-15 years ago about this kind of thing.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Good.

Yeah, but I won't be buying any food, tickets, jerseys, etc from them, so, fine with me. People who are loaded or crazy can line their pockets.

Taxes, OTOH, I would be paying, with no escape.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Good.
I’ve been in this line of work for years with margin analysis, pricing, etc.

I can promise you that every cost is factored in and the smart people make a full P&L of a piece of business complete with corporate allocations etc.

You wouldn’t believe the funny stories. I’d have customers want these rebates based on various structures or direct financial support to sponsor a trade show booth etc. All of that was then rolled into the price of the product. As if I’m going to price a widget at $2.00 and then have them come back to me with the gimmes. They say the rebates, payment terms etc then I’d include that in the price of the product.

So imagine a customer asking for a $10K rebate based on some goal. Ok fine. That $10K cost would get allocated into the per widget cost then I’d add margin to it.

Same thing with payment terms. They want 1%10Net30 in the bid price? Allright. Add that into the cost plus margin.

I’m sure the buyer was dumb enough to tell his boss what a great deal he got them too.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:33 am

I’ve been in this line of work for years with margin analysis, pricing, etc.

I can promise you that every cost is factored in and the smart people make a full P&L of a piece of business complete with corporate allocations etc.

You wouldn’t believe the funny stories. I’d have customers want these rebates based on various structures or direct financial support to sponsor a trade show booth etc. All of that was then rolled into the price of the product. As if I’m going to price a widget at $2.00 and then have them come back to me with the gimmes. They say the rebates, payment terms etc then I’d include that in the price of the product.

So imagine a customer asking for a $10K rebate based on some goal. Ok fine. That $10K cost would get allocated into the per widget cost then I’d add margin to it.

Same thing with payment terms. They want 1%10Net30 in the bid price? Allright. Add that into the cost plus margin.

I’m sure the buyer was dumb enough to tell his boss what a great deal he got them too.
Exactly. I’ve raised my square foot price $9 since 2018 because of rising material costs.
Every single thing that can get written off does.
Heck look at fast food. Used to have dollar menus and could get a full meal for $8. Just went last weekend for a whopper meal. $14. Rising wages for low end high school and college workers made fast food unaffordable for what it is.
I promise that the Bears won’t pay a dime extra in costs. They will diversify the costs over everything from parking, to food to pal’s. People wanting to go see a game will pay extra for it.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:46 am

Eh that's not true. It's way more complex than that, but the market can still only bear out certain prices. Businesses can try and recoup the cost of taxes/surcharges, but in practice it also affects what they can sell the face value of the ticket for since the total cost someone will pay for the ticket has to include all costs.

Different products/services have different price elasticities. And sport/concert tickets is arguably one that has strong demand elasticity and will accept surcharges as pass throughs (see obscene ticket master fees). But I don't think that's absolute either and I think is likely more true for rarer tickets like a touring artist playing one show every few years in your city, than a pro football team playing 8 games.

So tax:econ activity is never some 1:1 trade off. That goes too for the "spuring economic activity" arguement too. It's very difficult to create new economic activity that isn't taking entertainment dollars away from somewhere that it's already occurring somewhere need by. Basically you need to steal away entertainment dollars from neighboring or far away states for it to not just be shuffling the econ pie for the state of IL. For AH obviously, it could be huge, but that could literally just be poaching econ activity from Rosemont or Schaumburg. Hence why you're seeing this bill try and include other cities in the payments. But as the reps from Chicago are pointing out... They're losing that econ activity too (and have the outstanding bill for the stadium to show for it).

McCaskeys and their team better bring thier. A game and real facts. States and cities are way smarter than they were even 10-15 years ago about this kind of thing.
They’ll have a lot of ways to diversify the costs back to customers across rent, parking, tickets, food, beer, royalties etc. I can pass all my costs along to my customers. And I’m just a picky little dba. The Bears have a whole accounting staff to make money disappear. Any business that doesn’t do this isn’t a business that stays around very long.

Just heard Mark Cuban give an interview about one of his shark tank deals. Lady had good margins. But all of the sudden she was tanking. Turns out she was trying to absorb some costs. Mark had to turn her around and do it the right way.

The only reason people go into business is to make a living. Giving stuff away and absorbing costs is a great way to go out of business. Unless your the federal government it seems…
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:58 pm
The Cooler King wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:46 am

They’ll have a lot of ways to diversify the costs back to customers across rent, parking, tickets, food, beer, royalties etc. I can pass all my costs along to my customers. And I’m just a picky little dba. The Bears have a whole accounting staff to make money disappear. Any business that doesn’t do this isn’t a business that stays around very long.

Just heard Mark Cuban give an interview about one of his shark tank deals. Lady had good margins. But all of the sudden she was tanking. Turns out she was trying to absorb some costs. Mark had to turn her around and do it the right way.

The only reason people go into business is to make a living. Giving stuff away and absorbing costs is a great way to go out of business. Unless your the federal government it seems…
And she may have been absorbing costs in response to market demands that the demand couldnt support those costs being the price (maybe not, she was on shark tank for help after all).

If there's significant tax/surcharge on tickets thats likely to affect the bottom line one way or the other for the Bears because there's likely a limit to what the market will bear to see a Bears game. Maybe the move will improve their product enough to charge more, or maybe they're just undercharged now. But all else being equal, taxes are going to come out of their bottom line at least some. Just kind of depends on the nature of it. And some econ bottom lines may not hit at the same rate and time as market responds to the econ reality of the all in price.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:10 am Illinois politicians could take the fun out of Christmas.

AH is going to be a multi-billion dollar development site that will revolutionize that entire area. It'll bring in billions of dollars of economic activity over it's lifespan and employ thousands of people between the stadium, hotels, restaurants, condos, construction, etc.

Then the same people that don't want a net investment by taxpayers will be the same ones bitching about the surcharges on the tickets to recoup the taxpayer cost.
I'm no expert. But from what I've heard over and over, when you examine stadium deals after the fact, the proposed benefits that you're describing which are promoted to the taxpayers do happen, just never to the extent promised, making stadium deals a loser for the taxpayers. I'm glad it's not my taxes they're talking about.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:15 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:10 am Illinois politicians could take the fun out of Christmas.

I'm no expert. But from what I've heard over and over, when you examine stadium deals after the fact, the proposed benefits that you're describing which are promoted to the taxpayers do happen, just never to the extent promised, making stadium deals a loser for the taxpayers. I'm glad it's not my taxes they're talking about.
That's not just stadium deals, that's all sorts of "projects".

Like the Olympics, for example.
Yep, it pumps money into the local economy.
And always less than promised.
And always ends in the red.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/olympics-wo ... 12285.html

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bears to begin demolishing Arlington Park track next week as they move toward new stadium

Arlington Heights issued the Bears a demolition permit Friday, beginning with the interior, and a Bears spokesman said that project will start next week. The Bears will need separate approval from the village and Cook County for exterior demolition.

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023 ... ew-stadium
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Leverage time!

Obviously they have basically no in state leverage. I don't know if they can get county/municipal bidding going on, but Naperville lacks any ready-made site.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

More on this story just breaking over at the Sun Times:
Naperville Bears? Team exploring move to the western suburb, fearing potential Arlington Heights stadium is ‘at risk’

The city of Naperville is launching its own bid to try to lure the Chicago Bears to the sprawling western suburb — with the team on Friday admitting a stadium in Arlington Heights is no longer its “singular focus.”

The new proposal comes as talks with Arlington Heights have stalled amid disagreements between the team and surrounding suburbs about taxing and school districts.

Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli on May 24 sent the Bears a letter, asking the team to meet and discuss available properties in the west suburb, according to a letter provided to the Sun-Times by the city of Naperville.

The Bears had scheduled a meeting with Wehrli in Naperville on Friday — and the team is open to entertaining proposals outside of the Arlington Heights site.

Bears spokesman Scott Hagel on Friday said the Arlington Heights stadium is “at risk,” citing the property’s tax assessment and a recent settlement with Churchill Downs, which they believe “fails to reflect the property is not operational and not commercially viable in its current state.”

“We will continue the ongoing demolition activity and work toward a path forward in Arlington Heights, but it is no longer our singular focus,” Hagel said in a statement. “It is our responsibility to listen to other municipalities in Chicagoland about potential locations that can deliver on this transformational opportunity for our fans, our club and the State of Illinois.”

Naperville spokeswoman Linda LaCloche said Wehrli reached out to the Bears last week “to introduce Naperville as a thriving community with multiple opportunities for business investment.”

This is a developing story

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/6/2/2 ... on-heights
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:23 pm More on this story just breaking over at the Sun Times:
Naperville Bears? Team exploring move to the western suburb, fearing potential Arlington Heights stadium is ‘at risk’

The city of Naperville is launching its own bid to try to lure the Chicago Bears to the sprawling western suburb — with the team on Friday admitting a stadium in Arlington Heights is no longer its “singular focus.”

The new proposal comes as talks with Arlington Heights have stalled amid disagreements between the team and surrounding suburbs about taxing and school districts.

Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli on May 24 sent the Bears a letter, asking the team to meet and discuss available properties in the west suburb, according to a letter provided to the Sun-Times by the city of Naperville.

The Bears had scheduled a meeting with Wehrli in Naperville on Friday — and the team is open to entertaining proposals outside of the Arlington Heights site.

Bears spokesman Scott Hagel on Friday said the Arlington Heights stadium is “at risk,” citing the property’s tax assessment and a recent settlement with Churchill Downs, which they believe “fails to reflect the property is not operational and not commercially viable in its current state.”

“We will continue the ongoing demolition activity and work toward a path forward in Arlington Heights, but it is no longer our singular focus,” Hagel said in a statement. “It is our responsibility to listen to other municipalities in Chicagoland about potential locations that can deliver on this transformational opportunity for our fans, our club and the State of Illinois.”

Naperville spokeswoman Linda LaCloche said Wehrli reached out to the Bears last week “to introduce Naperville as a thriving community with multiple opportunities for business investment.”

This is a developing story

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/6/2/2 ... on-heights
I 100% agree with this. The Bears should also discuss sites outside of Illinois. Schaumburg could also be a good site for a stadium.

The Bears handed Arlington Heights and the State Of Illinois the development opportunity of a lifetime and the only thing that has happened is that they’ve been shit on.

Right on Kevin Warren. Don’t take any shit from those crooks. I love the new guy already.
IotaNet
MVP

The Cooler King wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:59 pm Leverage time!

Total leverage play. And it keeps them from negotiating against themselves.
The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:49 pm Right on Kevin Warren. Don’t take any shit from those crooks. I love the new guy already.
Yep. This move is basically Kevin Warren saying , "I ain't no punk -- I know how this game is played."
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Geography of teams no longer matters because of technology.

How many people on this board actually live in the Chicagoland area? I do and even I don’t give a damn if the Bears leave Illinois. I’ll still root for them.

Go to Texas. They effing love football down there. Neither San Antonio or Austin have teams. Do that.

What about OKC? Go there.

But don’t sit there and get shit on for the next five years when all you’re trying to do is build a stadium and surrounding entertainment that’s worth billions to a town.

Just pack your shit and move.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:11 pm Geography of teams no longer matters because of technology.

How many people on this board actually live in the Chicagoland area? I do and even I don’t give a damn if the Bears leave Illinois. I’ll still root for them.

Go to Texas. They effing love football down there. Neither San Antonio or Austin have teams. Do that.

But don’t sit there and get shit on for the next five years when all you’re trying to do is build a stadium and surrounding entertainment that’s worth billions to a town.

Yeah Bears listen to @The Marshall Plan !!!!!!!!!!! Move down near me and I'll get season tickets!!!!!!!!!!

More on it here: https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202306 ... ngton-park

I agree that it is a leverage move as of right now. But all it takes is for somewhere else to go all for the Bears to change course. I don't know the layout there, but the piece I posted said the average household earns $100,000 in AH. So I'd think they'd be able to flip the land they bought to a developer and not lose a fortune - might take a loss, but they would make it up with the deal in the place they settle with.

It's a risky business when dealing with land worth so much.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:23 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:11 pm Geography of teams no longer matters because of technology.

Yeah Bears listen to @The Marshall Plan !!!!!!!!!!! Move down near me and I'll get season tickets!!!!!!!!!!

More on it here: https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202306 ... ngton-park

I agree that it is a leverage move as of right now. But all it takes is for somewhere else to go all for the Bears to change course. I don't know the layout there, but the piece I posted said the average household earns $100,000 in AH. So I'd think they'd be able to flip the land they bought to a developer and not lose a fortune - might take a loss, but they would make it up with the deal in the place they settle with.

It's a risky business when dealing with land worth so much.
I live about 20 minutes from there. It really is a great piece of property and there's a ton of supporting infrastructure. Existing expressways. Woodfield Mall (which is enormous) is like a 10 minute drive. O'Hare Airport is 20 minutes away.

The problem is the mentality in Illinois.

If I'm Warren I see what Naperville or Schaumburg have to say. See if Northwest Indiana is a possibility. Otherwise, just leave.

Florida could support another team too.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:49 pm
Right on Kevin Warren. Don’t take any shit from those crooks. I love the new guy already.

The crooks are the guys who want a 6B dollar business to stop asking for tax handouts and pay their own expenses?

:-?

America is such a bizarre place with regards to wealthy people and corporations.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:36 pm

The crooks are the guys who want a 6B dollar business to stop asking for tax handouts and pay their own expenses?

America is such a bizarre place with regards to wealthy people and corporations.
You see what's going on here right?

The Bears locked into the property and now Arlington Heights is playing hardball.

It's possible the Bears got baited in. I think they're well within their rights to explore other options.

Then in terms of who pays for what, it's going to be the consumer that'll be on the hook for all the incremental taxes and fees from the government. It'll show up in the price of a ticket, beer, etc.

There's no free ride for the taxpayer here.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I think "crooks" has simply been associated with politics of Chicago for a long time. A great read is "Don't make no waves . . . Don't back no losers." Read it in college (so I'll admit it's old) as part of a project I did.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:45 pm

I think "crooks" has simply been associated with politics of Chicago for a long time. A great read is "Don't make no waves . . . Don't back no losers." Read it in college (so I'll admit it's old) as part of a project I did.
But he's talking about the officials of AH, not Chicago.