So, from now on - Jordan Love is "Daddy"

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

Just admit what this is...

We are such losers.

Jordan now bends us over and spanks us. When he wishes to do so. We say "THANK YOU".

That's how this division goes.

Oh.... for the next decade or two.
LacertineForest
MVP

Richie wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:45 pm Just admit what this is...

We are such losers.

Jordan now bends us over and spanks us. When he wishes to do so. We say "THANK YOU".

I need to see him play actual NFL teams before I am ready to crown his ass. Best-case scenario (based on what I saw today), he's a mid-tier QB who never is able to get them over the hump and keeps them from drafting his replacement highly.
UOK
Site Admin

The Packers own the Bears as an organization now. There is not nor will there ever be hope. They will beat us every time. Our only chance is if injuries pile up. That’s it. Forever.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Good lord. Yall are such babies.

Love still looked like a mediocre QB. He was overthrowing receivers a bit too much to be considered anything elite.

The Bears were just awful. And honestly?

For as much shit as Fields gets, the playcalling was atrocious. Fields confirmed all those short, shitty passes were part of Getsy's game plan.

Fucking Nagy 2.0....
wab
Mod

Teddy KGB wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:46 pm Good lord. Yall are such babies.

Love still looked like a mediocre QB. He was overthrowing receivers a bit too much to be considered anything elite.
IDK he threw for 3 TDs, zero picks, and a perfect QB rating on 3rd down. Maybe that's a function of how awful the Bears are, but he looked steady and in control.

Or maybe we as Bears fans just aren't used to seeing a QB operate an NFL offense, throw to the spot where the WR is going to be, or look off defenders.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:07 am

IDK he threw for 3 TDs, zero picks, and a perfect QB rating on 3rd down. Maybe that's a function of how awful the Bears are, but he looked steady and in control.

Or maybe we as Bears fans just aren't used to seeing a QB operate an NFL offense, throw to the spot where the WR is going to be, or look off defenders.
Playing QB is easy when you have all day to throw to wide open receivers. Love had it easy out there.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Not going there yet. As @wab said he was perfect on 3rd and 4th down (Which Olsen told us time and time again, that's all that matters), but he missed a ton of very easy throw as well - their TEs should have had 2 walk in TDs he missed.

But on many of those 3rd down throw a bunch of nobodies were simply running uncovered through the secondary. Defense was simply BAD yesterday.

Jury is still out on him. Not crowning his A$$ after one game. Also not giving up on the season after one game.
artbest01
Crafty Veteran

Love was outstanding on third down yesterday. Some of that was him, some if it was scheme, a lot of it was abysmal coverage and no pass rush by the Bears' inept defense. Love's first option was almost always open and no defender got close to touching #10 on those money downs.

Overall, Love appeared to be a better passer from the pocket that Fields. Justin hasn't progressed much.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Our defense played like blindfolded dragon flies with one wing.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

BigDaddy
Practice Squad

Come on, our defense makes every QB look good. He could've baked a fucking cake back there with the time we gave him. He'll get his wake up call soon enough but it won't be from us.....
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

wab wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:07 am

I've watched other teams, so I have a lot more than just Bears QBs to form that opinion off of. It was a function of it being the Bears and the Bears being terrible.

Love is going to be a good QB, but not a great QB.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Yet Jordan Love had superior numbers to Aaron Rogers in his initial game…

Justin Fields is a freakish athlete. Unbelievable skills without a doubt, but does not seem to have the instincts to play QB in the NFL at a high level. Can that change? Maybe. But I saw zero improvement from him with an off-season under his belt.

He holds onto the ball too long. So he doesn’t seem to be able to process what he is seeing from the defense. Seems to lock onto wide receivers. Seems to prefer to throw to the under routes or safety valve rather than throwing to deeper routes clearly more open.

I know this a real meatball take, but Tyson Bagent looks as if he has much better instincts regarding the position. Am I saying Tyson would have won that game yesterday? No. But he does seem to have a better ability to process information and go through progressions.

Hopefully Justin makes significant progress this season or, if I was Ryan Poles, I would be packaging up my draft capital to get a QB in the draft next year.

One last thing- our offensive line has sucked since 2006. We could have grabbed Cody Mauck or Michael Schmitz in the second round, but we drafted Darnell Wright and grabbed Nate Davis in Free Agency and pretended that the problem was solved when many of us knew it wasn’t.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
LacertineForest
MVP

Wounded Bear wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:22 pm One last thing- our offensive line has sucked since 2006. We could have grabbed Cody Mauck or Michael Schmitz in the second round, but we drafted Darnell Wright and grabbed Nate Davis in Free Agency and pretended that the problem was solved when many of us knew it wasn’t.
I have a hard time faulting them for drafting an OT in the 1st and then addressing the D Line (which was/is even worse than the O Line) in the 2nd round. This team was so bad that it would have been impossible to fix everything this year - there were going to be holes.
dplank
Hall of Famer

BigDaddy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:24 am Come on, our defense makes every QB look good. He could've baked a fucking cake back there with the time we gave him. He'll get his wake up call soon enough but it won't be from us.....
This is why I hated the Flus hire BigDaddy. This scheme is just so damn easy to beat if you stay patient and work the middle of the field. Even Lovies defenses were easy to move the ball against. They’d stop teams in the red zone, but would allow other teams to control the ball. This shortened games and kept scoring artificially low, while severely hampering the offense. If you don’t generate turnovers you really can’t win with any regularity, and if teams just stay patient and protect the ball when getting tackled, it’s not that hard to avoid turnovers. All this is by friggin design. I hate it. I’ve always hated it.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

For as much shit as Fields gets, the playcalling was atrocious. Fields confirmed all those short, shitty passes were part of Getsy's game plan.

Fucking Nagy 2.0....
The End Times prophesies making the rounds on this site have been at unprecedented levels the past couple of days. It’s nauseating.

It may just come down to me putting everybody on Ignore except for like six or seven people.
Kylo Bearen
Player of the Month

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

A bit of overreaction.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:22 pm Yet Jordan Love had superior numbers to Aaron Rogers in his initial game…

Justin Fields is a freakish athlete. Unbelievable skills without a doubt, but does not seem to have the instincts to play QB in the NFL at a high level. Can that change? Maybe. But I saw zero improvement from him with an off-season under his belt.

He holds onto the ball too long. So he doesn’t seem to be able to process what he is seeing from the defense. Seems to lock onto wide receivers. Seems to prefer to throw to the under routes or safety valve rather than throwing to deeper routes clearly more open.

I know this a real meatball take, but Tyson Bagent looks as if he has much better instincts regarding the position. Am I saying Tyson would have won that game yesterday? No. But he does seem to have a better ability to process information and go through progressions.

Hopefully Justin makes significant progress this season or, if I was Ryan Poles, I would be packaging up my draft capital to get a QB in the draft next year.

One last thing- our offensive line has sucked since 2006. We could have grabbed Cody Mauck or Michael Schmitz in the second round, but we drafted Darnell Wright and grabbed Nate Davis in Free Agency and pretended that the problem was solved when many of us knew it wasn’t.
Wright scared me in Week 1 TBH.

He's a rookie and it was Week 1 mind you - so lets not read this as hes a bust

But I have some level of worry nonetheless
Bearsfan34
Practice Squad

UOK edit: that's not how we post around here
Bearsfan34
Practice Squad

LacertineForest wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:23 pm
Richie wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:45 pm Just admit what this is...

We are such losers.

I need to see him play actual NFL teams before I am ready to crown his ass. Best-case scenario (based on what I saw today), he's a mid-tier QB who never is able to get them over the hump and keeps them from drafting his replacement highly.
Ya he looks average. He wasnt grood first half [7 of 16 for 81 yds],2nd half was a different [ 8 of 11 164 yds 2 tds].
Thats when our def took a crap.
Our def line is not good,but we all knew this from the begining. Even with the Ngakiue signing.
So we are gonna see more of this.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:36 am

Fucking Nagy 2.0....
The End Times prophesies making the rounds on this site have been at unprecedented levels the past couple of days. It’s nauseating.

It may just come down to me putting everybody on Ignore except for like six or seven people.
I was feeling like the end of the world too. I have to admit, but then I took a break and ate a Snickers. Reminded myself that I never thought we were going to make the playoffs this year anyway. I had the Bears at 6-8 wins total in this year 2 of their rebuild anyway.

So I will watch the next game without to much anticipation of a huge reversal of fortune. I picked the Bears to win against the Bucs, because not doing so seems wrong somehow.

Just want to see progress made in all phases.

Getting better each and every week. Should be easy this week, as it won't take much to look better after week one.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Shadow wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:46 am

I was feeling like the end of the world too. I have to admit, but then I took a break and ate a Snickers. Reminded myself that I never thought we were going to make the playoffs this year anyway. I had the Bears at 6-8 wins total in this year 2 of their rebuild anyway.

So I will watch the next game without to much anticipation of a huge reversal of fortune. I picked the Bears to win against the Bucs, because not doing so seems wrong somehow.

Getting better each and every week. Should be easy this week, as it won't take much to look better after week one.
There are a lot of different ways to react to last week.

The only one I think is wrong are the End Times people because seriously it’s one game.

Like to declare that Jordan Love is going to own us now for the next however long is idiotic given that it’s one game.

Yeah it’s possible the Bears suck again. But to go full prepper after one game is batshit.
wab
Mod

There were a few folks that were letting their emotions ride a little high on Sunday, but "gosh we'll get 'em next time" doesn't seem like an appropriate response either.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

You better stock up on them Snickers, bud.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Shadow
Assistant Coach

pus wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:27 pm

You better stock up on them Snickers, bud.
I bought a case today....GoBears!
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love: congrats on owning Bears

Aaron Rodgers texted Packers quarterback Jordan Love after his Week 1 win against the Bears to congratulate him for keeping up what has become a tradition.

“I said, ‘Congratulations on keeping the ownership in place,’” Rodgers told ESPN’s ‘The Pat McAfee Show’ on Friday. “That was pretty awesome for him.”

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023 ... y-life-nfl
dplank
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:16 pm
Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love: congrats on owning Bears

Aaron Rodgers texted Packers quarterback Jordan Love after his Week 1 win against the Bears to congratulate him for keeping up what has become a tradition.

“I said, ‘Congratulations on keeping the ownership in place,’” Rodgers told ESPN’s ‘The Pat McAfee Show’ on Friday. “That was pretty awesome for him.”

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023 ... y-life-nfl
….and then one day later, karma slapped that human turd in the bunghole…
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

karma sure took it's sweet time
UOK
Site Admin

Get fucked, stay fucked, Rodgers.