14%
Week 16
No votes
Week 17
9%

Total votes: 35
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If JF1 gets pulled, without injury, for Bagent then all of the coaches will be fired.

I like Bags, I think he's promising and exciting, but the odds of him being Brock Purdy are very small. Bags is definitely somebody I would keep on the roster and develop.

After we lose today there needs to be an acknowledgement that the season is over. We won't go 10-4 over the remainder and make the playoffs.

Therefore it needs to be about seeing what we have with the draft picks, namely Dexter and Pickens, and evaluating JF1 to see if he needs to be replaced along with the coaches.

That means JF1 needs to play every snap he's healthy no matter how bad he plays because it finalizes the evaluation and honestly if he does suck it increases our chances of getting a draft pick to replace him.

The most Bears Thing that could happen is for Bags to come in, win 4 games out of 8 or something, we go 6-11 or 7-10 and then are out of range for a top rated QB prospect on our own. Then we're hoping Carolina sucks.

I'd rather leave JF1 in there, see what we have finally, and if we go 3-14 then at least we're in play for a top prospect or if the light bulb turns on with JF1 we don't need to replace him anyway.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Teddy KGB wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:02 am
Wounded Bear wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:00 am So wait a minute here. You're against them putting in Bagent to see if he is capable because if he is capable and he starts winning games that would mean we would get a lower draft pick to draft a replacement for Fields which in reality we wouldn't need because we already have a QB capable of winning?

That sentiment is like an MC Escher drawing put into words.
You want Tyson Bagent over Caleb Williams? You think the MEC conference is as tough as the one USC plays in?

<Edited to reflect Teddy KGB's amendment to his original post.>

FFS.... :frustrated:
I usually leave the moderating to UOK, wab and Xee who do an excellent job, but your post is bang out of order Teddy KGB. I urge you to withdraw it.
Last edited by HisRoyalSweetness on Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:56 am
Teddy KGB wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:02 am

You want Tyson Bagent over Caleb Williams? You think the MEC conference is as tough as the one USC plays in?

FFS.... :frustrated:
I usually leave the moderating to UOK, wab and Xee who do an excellent job, but your post is bang out of order Teddy KGB. I urge you to withdraw it.
I'm not wrong - but I went back and removed the potentially offending parts of the post.

Might want to edit your quote of me as well.
Last edited by Teddy KGB on Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Flag his post HR. I would but I have him on ignore.
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Teddy KGB wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:48 am I'm not wrong - but I went back and removed the potentially offending parts of the post.

You were wrong to level an unfounded accusation of racism against Wounded Bear; nothing he said warranted such an assertion. However, as you have had the good grace to amend your post I shall do likewise.

You will probably wish to similarly amend your last post which also includes a quote of your original.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

The Grizzly One wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:11 pm Flag his post HR. I would but I have him on ignore.
Sometimes people post without due consideration. As far as I'm concerned Teddy KGB has now taken the appropriate action and we can all move on. Hopefully Wounded Bear and the mods will concur.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:15 pm
Teddy KGB wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:48 am I'm not wrong - but I went back and removed the potentially offending parts of the post.

You were wrong to level an unfounded accusation of racism against Wounded Bear; nothing he said warranted such an assertion. However, as you have had the good grace to amend your post I shall do likewise.

You will probably wish to similarly amend your last post which also includes a quote of your original.

Amended. As for the rest, agree to disagree.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

The Grizzly One wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:11 pm Flag his post HR. I would but I have him on ignore.
We handled it like grown adults.

Learn from the example.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear
MVP

Thank you to HisRoyalSweetness and everyone else who called this ridiculous behavior out. Always amazing to me what kind of behavior occurs when people have a username that provides them anonymity. It’s kind of sad.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The most likely outcome is that Bagent isn’t the answer, unless you’re asking the wrong question.

But…I personally have seen enough of Fields. This game isn’t a just a proverbial blip on the radar.

Fields has not grown at all. He’s doing damage control throwing his coaches under the bus for over coaching him in the hopes that he’ll get another job after this stint. Some team will and might put him in a 1 read RPO system where he’s moderately successful for fantasy team owners.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

RustinFields wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:26 pm

So if your meme in reference to the “debate” or how we fix this organization :frustrated:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Reluctantly changing my vote to week 4, I've seen enough. He can't possibly do any worse and as a long suffering fan, I can hope for the "miracle".
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

weeks 6, 11 are 1.5 week breaks and 14 is after the bye

Those are most probable, although frustration could boil over at any time
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

dave99
Assistant Coach

So here is a thought experiment (assuming anyone is capable of thinking after the last month of mind-numbing misery).

If Bagent played for say the Packers or the 49ers or just about any other team in the NFL with a history of success at the QB position, would that make you see him in a better light?

If so, is it because of coaching, supporting cast, or just the absolute deep-in-your-bones certainty that things like that do not happen to our Chicago Bears and probably never will?

Oh, we can find linebackers and running backs, and the occasional offensive or defensive lineman, but quarterbacks are not in our cards.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
LacertineForest
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:10 pm Interesting article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tyson-bage ... 17480.html
From the article:
The Bears' offense is notoriously complex. You can drown in all of its intricacies if you aren't careful.
It sure doesn't look that way - although, maybe that explains why do many guys are out of sync so frequently?
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

dave99 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:21 pm So here is a thought experiment (assuming anyone is capable of thinking after the last month of mind-numbing misery).

If Bagent played for say the Packers or the 49ers or just about any other team in the NFL with a history of success at the QB position, would that make you see him in a better light?

If so, is it because of coaching, supporting cast, or just the absolute deep-in-your-bones certainty that things like that do not happen to our Chicago Bears and probably never will?

Oh, we can find linebackers and running backs, and the occasional offensive or defensive lineman, but quarterbacks are not in our cards.
I’d have more hope for him at other franchises due to coaching and offensive line.

But then I have more hope for Fields at every other franchise.

So deep is my belief that this offense is lacking in line talent and the coaching is sabotaging the QB.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

LacertineForest wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:44 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:10 pm Interesting article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tyson-bage ... 17480.html
From the article:
The Bears' offense is notoriously complex. You can drown in all of its intricacies if you aren't careful.
It sure doesn't look that way - although, maybe that explains why do many guys are out of sync so frequently?
2nd season running the same offense, guys from last year should be familiar with it. Is it more complex than a McVeay, Shanahan, or LaFleur offense? I really doubt it. Something(s) are just badly out of kilter - OC, Fields, etc.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Anyone else see this? Just looking for hope is all and stumbled on it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Sorry if this has been posted. Interesting conversation. Kid is passionate and focused.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Im unreasonably optimistic on him. What can you say
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

RichH55 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:20 pm Im unreasonably optimistic on him. What can you say
Maybe that's just a product of our despair.
G08
Hall of Famer

Tyson Bagent promoted to QB2!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Shadow
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:07 am Tyson Bagent promoted to QB2!
Best news I have heard all month! :toast: :headbang: :applaud:

It is all about options at this point!
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
G08
Hall of Famer

Shadow wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:43 am
G08 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:07 am Tyson Bagent promoted to QB2!

I am genuinely happy for the kid -- what a story! Still, it's in our best interest for Justin Fields to be the guy and this kid develop further.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Shadow
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:50 am
Shadow wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:43 am

I am genuinely happy for the kid -- what a story! Still, it's in our best interest for Justin Fields to be the guy and this kid develop further.
^^^^THIS^^^^
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
dplank
Hall of Famer

I can’t deny I’m interested to see him play
wab
Mod

Yeah, I’m mostly just curious to see what the offense looks like with a different QB.

I would have to believe they elevated him to 2 with an eye on giving him some reps if Fields struggles.
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

You guys hear about his #shhh hashtag and what it means?

Because of where he's come from and everybody telling him he isn't gonna make it he started the hashtag. The S stands for shutting up and the H stands for the haters. He adds more H's when there is lots of haters.