Cards locked for 1st pick?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Not technically eliminated yet, but beating the Cards next week kind of does more harm than good at this point.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

You know what, that Hail Mary is caught next week by the stupid Bears
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Panthers have the Peck, Jags, and Bucs left. All 3 are fighting hard for playoff spots and should consign the Panthers to the #1 pick (woo hoo!).
NE has the Broncos, Bills, and Jets. The Broncs are fighting for a playoff spot but are inconsistent. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats beat them and the Jets.
Cards have the Bears, Eagles, and Seahawks. I can see them losing all 3, especially to the Seahawks, who are fighting for a playoff spot. The Eagles are so inconsistent now, I don't know who to pick, I can see an upset.
Bears have the Cards, Falcons, and then close with the Peck. Should be the Cards with their league worst D but the Bears could go down if they're Getsy-fied again. I see a toss-up with the Falcons, who are fighting for a playoff spot but are pretty inconsistent. That final game could have big repercussions for Flus, Fields, and the Bears 2024 draft plans.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Peck held on 33-30, letting Carolina come back from a huge deficit. So they embarassed themselves to a degree but still win. I think this locks up #1 for the Panther regardless of what happens in. the final 2 weeks.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Patriots currently dominating the Broncos, so that’s fun.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Pats win. One more Carolina loss in the final 2 games and they lock up #1. They're playing Jax and Tampa, both fighting for a playoff spot.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Commanders made some noise. Snyder is finally gone. The new ownership could start off with a big splash move. They’ll probably have a new regime. Caleb is from D.C. Makes sense IMO.

They could have the 1st pick for their 1, their 2, give us our 2 back from the Sweat trade, plus their 1 and 2 in ‘25.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:52 pm I wouldn’t be surprised if the Commanders made some noise. Snyder is finally gone. The new ownership could start off with a big splash move. They’ll probably have a new regime. Caleb is from D.C. Makes sense IMO.

They could have the 1st pick for their 1, their 2, give us our 2 back from the Sweat trade, plus their 1 and 2 in ‘25.
Sam Howell is putting up big numbers under Bienemy. They might be another team looking to add a blue chip WR, MHJ or Nabers. I think Rivera is gone, Bienemy might get the job and would look to add more weapons.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:55 am
alexwilkins wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:52 pm I wouldn’t be surprised if the Commanders made some noise. Snyder is finally gone. The new ownership could start off with a big splash move. They’ll probably have a new regime. Caleb is from D.C. Makes sense IMO.

Sam Howell is putting up big numbers under Bienemy. They might be another team looking to add a blue chip WR, MHJ or Nabers. I think Rivera is gone, Bienemy might get the job and would look to add more weapons.
I'd be surprised by that. I think if Bieniemy was gonna get the promotion he'd have already gotten it. I think they firehose the whole thing and start fresh.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Grizzled wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:55 am

He certainly was, not lately tho. He’s put up 285 yards over his last three games, 2 tuds and 8 picks over his last five, and has been benched for Jacoby Brissett.