WK 18 // Bears (7-9) @ Packers (8-8)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Eriebear
Journeyman

Time to give it our BEST . The Holy Grail of Bear Wins. Packer's love the ScIreen Pass to keep pressure off Love , and they run. This is not the same team who lost to them. Flus has them trusting him , and that's I super. Flus has put together a amazing zone in Pass Defense ! THX POLES for the rookies! . What do you guys think we must have to stop w/ GB!
Eriebear
Journeyman

The next thing I want to see changed , Is HOW many times does JF1 get cheap shots and late hits ,before they call it?! We see it, it's blatant , That punch to the Head should have been called ,among a lot of other hits.
Middleguard
MVP

The Bears are much better than the Packers at this point in the season and should easily win if at home. But I have them as only 1 pt favorites in GB with their huge home field advantage, and that's small enough to let the refs decide the game within their round-off error.
UOK
Site Admin

Regular Season WEEK 18
----------------------------------------
Sunday January 7th, 3:25PM CST
venue: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
television: CBS
radio: ESPN 1000
CHICAGO BEARS (7-9)
Green Bay Packers (8-8))
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

Bears deny the Packers and the universe feels good again.

Bears 31
Packers 23
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Packers 25
Bears 17
LacertineForest
MVP

Bears - 30
Packers - 26

Let's do it!
Umbali
MVP

I dont even care about the score. It could be 2 - 0 Bears.

Im calling it at 27 - 17 Bears

Lets get this monkey off our back!
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
wab
Mod

Ah fuck it.

Bears 28
Packers 10
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Bears 27
Packers 24

Officials keep it close, Santos drops the curtain.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Bears win! 30-27
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Fuck the Packers.

Bears 34
Packers 17
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

It worked the past 2 weeks, picking the Bears' opponent even though I thought the Bears would actually win. So:

Packers: 27
Bears: 23

And hopefully the Bears win denies the Pack from making the playoffs. Embarass the Pack on their home field.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
UOK
Site Admin

I feel like there's a LOT of teams that are grateful the Bears started out so shitty, because if they had an opportunity at the playoffs right now they could beat anybody.

The Packers are on the lower edges of a good team, but they're young and will be, as always, a pain in the ass for a long time. I'm really hoping this game is a powerful indication for the division going forward that the 2023 start for the Bears was an abnormality that was necessary for the squad to evolve and come together.

That said, if the Bears and Fields in particular look awful, the momentum and cheery disposition will crumble, and, for at least us as fans, the offseason narrative becomes more desperate, more critical, and can be without flaw.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:00 am I feel like there's a LOT of teams that are grateful the Bears started out so shitty, because if they had an opportunity at the playoffs right now they could beat anybody.
This is so true. I’m so pissed the season is ending. If we got into the playoffs we could surprise anybody. Nobody would WANT to play us. A defense with a pass rush that generates turnovers. An offense that can put up 30 on anybody. Nobody would want to see that.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This is a high profile game in a very hostile environment. There's a lot on the line for the Packers, and they are going to be hyper-motivated to win this game, beat the Bears and get into the playoffs. Getsy is going to be motivated to keep the Packers out, Eberflus wants to beat the Packers. The whole team is going to get up for this. The Bears defense is playing at an elite level and the offense is coming around. Jordan Love has been playing well, but I think our secondary is better. Bears maintain their momentum and excellent play to finish off the season, and the Packers hopes at the playoffs.

Bears - 31
Packers - 19

...oh...and FUCK THE PACKERS!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Packers 20
Bears 35
artbest01
Crafty Veteran

The parallels between Fields' 3rd season and Trubisky's 3rd season continue. Both opened their third seasons at home against the Packers...and both laid eggs. After some struggles, both started playing better with Justin playing extremely well against the Falcons and Mitch playing very well against the Cowboys. Both faced the Packers in Lambeau following their 3rd season "break-out" games. Mitch led the Bears to all of 13 points, threw an embarrassing INT to a defensive lineman and the Bears lost again to Green Bay.

I expect Justin to be better than he was in the opener, but Jordan Love is red hot and the Packers match the Bears' intensity.

Packers 31
Bears 23
UOK
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:32 am This is a high profile game in a very hostile environment. There's a lot on the line for the Packers, and they are going to be hyper-motivated to win this game, beat the Bears and get into the playoffs. Getsy is going to be motivated to keep the Packers out, Eberflus wants to beat the Packers. The whole team is going to get up for this. The Bears defense is playing at an elite level and the offense is coming around. Jordan Love has been playing well, but I think our secondary is better. Bears maintain their momentum and excellent play to finish off the season, and the Packers hopes at the playoffs.

Bears - 31
Packers - 19

...oh...and FUCK THE PACKERS!
This is, for all intents and purposes, a playoff game.

The Packers winning here gets them into the playoffs, which is obviously something nobody wants, and a Bears loss really crushes their momentum going into the offseason. But a Bears win would be a defining one for Eberflus, Fields, and Poles, and would likely wash all of the rotten taste of the first month and a half of the season out of everyone's mouth.
wab
Mod

This is basically the Bears’ Super Bowl.
WagonForce
MVP

Bears 28
Packers 13

G08
Hall of Famer

I am so tempted to go against my better judgement, but I just can't. I told myself I'm never again picking the Bears to beat the Packers until they actually fucking do it. I hope this is the game, but I am not ready to get hurt again :lol:

Packers - 27
Bears - 24

This basically is a playoff game for us and I certainly hope we say playoff-level intensity this game. I'd love nothing more than to see Justin Fields rip those cheese guzzling twats apart and our defense pound Jordan Love into the Lambeau Field turf over and over and over.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

My (Packer fan) hunting buddy just told me the Packers were planning to rest a bunch of their starters.

Get 'em healed up for the post-season, he said.

I told him Bears would be there for the KO.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
UOK
Site Admin

pus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:58 pm My (Packer fan) hunting buddy just told me the Packers were planning to rest a bunch of their starters.

Packer fans deserve nothing but losing teams for decades.
LacertineForest
MVP

UOK wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:15 pm
pus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:58 pm My (Packer fan) hunting buddy just told me the Packers were planning to rest a bunch of their starters.

Packer fans deserve nothing but losing teams for decades.
And having a long-time divisonal punching-bag knock them out for a second consecutive year would be just perfect.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Fuck. The. Packers.

Bears 28
Pack 24
xyt in the discord chats
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:39 pm I am so tempted to go against my better judgement, but I just can't. I told myself I'm never again picking the Bears to beat the Packers until they actually fucking do it. I hope this is the game, but I am not ready to get hurt again :lol:

Packers - 27
Bears - 24

This basically is a playoff game for us and I certainly hope we say playoff-level intensity this game. I'd love nothing more than to see Justin Fields rip those cheese guzzling twats apart and our defense pound Jordan Love into the Lambeau Field turf over and over and over.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Well folks we are going to see a few big moments in this game.

First, Flus has been preaching to Justin to give him "200" - 2 TDs, no turnovers and no sacks. Justin has been doing that other than the sack part. This week he puts it all together and gives him 200 (more than that actually but we'll get to that later).

Also, did you know that only 4 QBs in NFL history have had games with 300+ passing yards and 100+ rushing yards? Lamar, Josh Allen, Cam and Russell Wilson (https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/quarte ... -in-a-game) . Fields joins that crew this week and ends up with more passing yards AND more rushing yards than any of them had. He sets a new career high with 357 passing yards, and chips in an additional 127 yards with his legs and just for fun chips in 6 total TDs so he can be ahead of all those guys as well. He also joins Cam as the team wins the game!!!!

Since we're throwing out significant accomplishments, I'll also throw in that one of Field's TDs will be a run in excess of 60 yards, which, I think moves him into a tie with Chris Johnson for the most TD runs of that distance. Google is not being my friend as I try to research that. I though last year he was one away but that could have been for a season.

The defense wants to send a message to Love that they too have turned the page and get after him. Dexter doubles his sack total for the season with 2.5, Sweat wants a shot at finishing in the top 5 for sack for the season so he chips in 3.5 to finish with 16. They also decide to once again use Jackson's number as their goal for turnover and get 4 in the game for I think the 4th time this season. At the end of the day Love finishes with less than 100 yards passing, three picks (including a pick-6) and one fumble lost. He'll be seeing ghost out there all day and every day he faces the Bears from here on out. The number one defense vs the run also hold them to less than 75 yards on the ground. At halftime the game is completely in hand but Flus and crew never let the foot off the gas and play the starters until we get the ball back with less than two minutes to go.

Final:
Bears -49
Green Bay -0
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm
G08 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:39 pm I am so tempted to go against my better judgement, but I just can't. I told myself I'm never again picking the Bears to beat the Packers until they actually fucking do it. I hope this is the game, but I am not ready to get hurt again :lol:

Packers - 27
Bears - 24

That's harsh, but true. Your video link game is strong.
G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Packers - 27
Bears - 24

I want us to win, so So SO badly! You know me, I live and die with these motherfuckers.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS