So. The Lions?

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Dardango
Journeyman

Hope Flus and Getsy were watching Lafleur show them how to finish a game strategically. Watching that game was another showcase of the ineptitude of the Bears' misleadership staff.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Hopefully Flus and Getsy watched Dan Campbell stand up at his presser after the game and admit to several bad play calls.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Hopefully when Flus and Getsy had dinner last night, and the waitress got both their orders right, they took that to heart.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

who would have thought it would be the Lions who could offer up a rebuilding plan that maybe others can follow? the Lions have been pretty inept from the time I first started watching football ... the flashes of good here and there but wasted Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson's talents by continuing to be losers ... a lot of their problems were related to bad decisions at QB (the one thing the Bears seem to have had no trouble copying for decades)

it is hard not to appreciate what the Lions have been doing, though their loss to Green Bay was certainly a negative to their Thanksgiving festivities

not crowning them yet, but I do appreciate the foundation they are building
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Don’t crown the Lions just yet
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

LacertineForest
MVP

I mean, if Goff continues to turn the ball over 3-4 times per game, they're done. The defense didn't look great in either of the last two games, though. They made Jordan Love look like an All-Pro. All Thanksgiving I had to listen to shit like "Jordan Love will be the third HOF QB in GB in a row." :puke:
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Are the lions good, bad or just slumping to come back the last few weeks.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Good documentary on Prime on Barry Sanders. I'm not saying the man wasn't immensely talented but I still say Sayers was Barry before Barry.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Never fear, the Lions are gonna Lion. It is in their Detroit DNA, they will slump and let the Packers win the division by default. As it has been for 20 years.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Lions are close to clinching their first NFC North title since 1993 and their first playoff spot since 2016. The Lions can clinch at least a wild card spot depending on Sunday games. They are close to securing a home game also in the playoffs.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Grizzled wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:05 am The Lions are close to clinching their first NFC North title since 1993 and their first playoff spot since 2016. The Lions can clinch at least a wild card spot depending on Sunday games. They are close to securing a home game also in the playoffs.
With the lions win last night, we can’t catch them, and 2 of their last 3 are against the Vikings. So for us to make the playoffs, we need them to win out and win the division.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:20 am
Grizzled wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:05 am The Lions are close to clinching their first NFC North title since 1993 and their first playoff spot since 2016. The Lions can clinch at least a wild card spot depending on Sunday games. They are close to securing a home game also in the playoffs.
With the lions win last night, we can’t catch them, and 2 of their last 3 are against the Vikings. So for us to make the playoffs, we need them to win out and win the division.
Yeah we want the lions to win out now :thumbsup:

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

1st division title in 30 years and first playoffs appearance since 2016. Congrats to the Lions and HC Dan Campbell, winners of the NFC North. Enjoy it, the Bears will be wearing that crown in 2024.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Well said Grizz :clap:

HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:36 am 1st division title in 30 years and first playoffs appearance since 2016. Congrats to the Lions and HC Dan Campbell, winners of the NFC North. Enjoy it, the Bears will be wearing that crown in 2024.
The Lions, Kings of North. When it comes to winning the division they're probably thinking "hakuna matata", it's been so comfortable for them this year.

Hopefully that will make them complacent next season and the Bears will finally "take the North and never give it back"!
wab
Mod

I’m admittedly happy for the Lions. I’d be happier if it was the Bears, but at least the Lions aren’t hard to root for like the other two teams.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:35 pm I’m admittedly happy for the Lions. I’d be happier if it was the Bears, but at least the Lions aren’t hard to root for like the other two teams.
Same, I'll even be rooting for them in the playoffs - something I can never do with the Vikings or obviously the Packers.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Lions linebacker has a FREE RUN at Prescott and just doesn’t tackle him?

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Trash game. Nothing but punts and turnovers since that play.
docc
Head Coach

Uh...looks like an egregious rip off. Decker looks like he reported..no reason to walk over to the ref EXCEPT to report as eligible..

Cowboys "win" 20-19..

Zebras lost that game for Leons..
Made no difference to me..but was horrible ending. :sick:
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

THAT was complete BS. Goff told Decker to go report. Decker goes and reports. The ref signals it to the defense. And then the refs call this shit? What utter crap. If he hadn't reported, then the refs would have had to call illegal formation as Decker wasn't covered up. They didn't. That's just further proof that the refs are full of shit. All of this is so clear on tape as to be indisputable. If I was Campbell, I would have pulled my team and refused to go back out there until the call was corrected.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Campbell has the blame for not taking the field goal in the 1st half, going for it and failing. Then the missed 2 pointer at the end is academic. The Lions are fighting for playoff seeding, can't give away games.

Meanwhile, the OL, the HC, Goff, everyone says he reported to the refs as required. Decker, the OL, says they practice this play during the week and emphasize he needs to report to the refs before the play. Looks like they f*ed it up once again:

Last edited by Grizzled on Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Yeah he passed on two field goals to go for it early. But at the end after the second attempt failed and you got the offsides call, you'd lost all momentum. It's time to kick the extra point and go to overtime. They just didn't look good on the second attempt and the third attempt was just as rough.
EricTighe
MVP

The refs are being noticed for all the wrong reasons this year.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Rex Ryan not holding back:

It seems pretty obvious the official assumed number 70 who'd reported as eligible earlier in the game was doing so again instead of number 68.

Same crew that didn't call roughing on Justin Fields against the Browns too (which resulted in the defender getting fined).
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:19 pm Rex Ryan not holding back:

It seems pretty obvious the official assumed number 70 who'd reported as eligible earlier in the game was doing so again instead of number 68.

Same crew that didn't call roughing on Justin Fields against the Browns too (which resulted in the defender getting fined).
watch the replay over and over and on every re-watch it appears the referee doesn't even pause long enough to listen to what the Lions are saying to him ... there was no reason for the officials to be in a rush in that situation ... and for him to simply be jogging away from the Lions players without paying attention is inexcusable ... and for him to then say after the game his assumption about who reported was correct means he is a shitbag as an official ... take his white hat away and make him be a line judge next year since he is not qualified for that white hat

that said, as soon as that play was over and all the complaining didn't change anything, the Lions should have kicked the extra point
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin