Crafty Veteran

Out:
Carroll - Defense
Vrabel - Defense
Rivera - Defense
Staley - Defense

Maybe:
Belichick - Defense: Dumpster fire without Brady

Tomlin - Defense: Hasn’t won a playoff game in 6 years. Probably one-and-done against Buffalo.

We'll see who they hire, but the trend doesn’t seem to be stopping.

Outliers:
Arthur Smith - Offense
Josh McDaniels - Offense
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

southdakbearfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:18 pm Not NFL, but reports are Saban is retiring from Alabama.
Doesn’t want the smoke with Texas joining the SEC lol.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:45 pm
southdakbearfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:18 pm Not NFL, but reports are Saban is retiring from Alabama.
Doesn’t want the smoke with Texas joining the SEC lol.
It has been confirmed. Definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of great college coaches.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:56 pm
UOK wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:23 pm Seahawks fired Pete Carroll, what the fuck
Wow. I did NOT see that coming.
Neither did he apparently:
Pete Carroll out as Seahawks head coach after 14 seasons, to remain with team as advisor

Carroll said in a radio interview on Monday that he planned to coach the Seahawks next season, and he admitted on Wednesday he "competed pretty hard to be the coach, just so you know" when speaking with reporters. Carroll added that when he met with players the day after the regular season ended that he did not see this scenario happening.

"Since our last game I had a couple of chances to talk and first I shared my feelings about the team, about the organization … and my intentions to staying with the 'Hawks, and that was true to the bone," Carroll said at the start of an emotional 35-minute news conference on Wednesday. "I want to make sure that that's clear as things have shifted so quickly in most people's perspective. It's been an honor and a thrill to be part of this program. I loved every minute of it. … It's exciting that there's such a future here. You can see it. We know it's happening. It's bright and the club's got great places to go. … The future is place. Following my season ending meetings with ownership and planning sessions it's clear that – and for a variety of reasons – that we mutually agreed to set a new course for the club to take on new leadership. That's just the decision that's been made, and there's a lot that went into that. … For all my guys I think you know how much I probably competed for our prospective and our standpoint."

Though he's set to stay on as a team advisor in an unspecified role, Carroll did not deny he would seek another head coaching opportunity elsewhere.

"Have to wait and see," he said when asked about his head coaching future. "Today's about today."

And as Carroll gets ready for his next chapter, he wanted to make one thing clear: He is not done.

"I'm freakin' jacked. I'm fired up. I'm not tired. I'm not worn down," Carroll said on Wednesday. "You guys tried your best, you didn't wear me out. It's the end of the season, I'm supposed to, you know, lay on a cot somewhere. I ain't feeling like that. What's coming? I dunno. I've got no idea, and I really don't care right now. But I'm excited about it because there's a lot to learn. There's a lot to study. There's some great discoveries that are going to come our way."

Full article: https://www.nfl.com/news/pete-carroll-o ... as-advisor
UOK
Site Admin

Belichick era is over, wow.
"None of us are in the board room, locker room, or on the sideline, so in a way, we don't know shit."
- Otis Day
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Bill is out as of 12 EST. Mutual agreement. Wow, just...wow for the best (or one near the top) college and pro guys leaving the same year. Hmm, can you say Mike Vrabel to the Pats?
wab
Mod

wab
Mod

I could see the Pats promoting Mayo to HC. But yeah, Vrabel has to be in consideration too (with Mayo as DC).

There's some smoke that if Siriani tanks the wildcard game against the Bucs then he could be out in Philly and the Eagles would be hot after Belichick...but that just doesn't make much sense.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

A lot of talk about the Pats promoting Mayo

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm A lot of talk about the Pats promoting Mayo
And it's official.

It really is a rarity when scenarios like this actually come to fruition.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Rusty Trombagent wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:26 am
Grizzled wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm A lot of talk about the Pats promoting Mayo
And it's official.

Ah, the old new HC before hiring a GM. Often blows up in a team's face.
karhu
Head Coach

Grizzled wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 am
Rusty Trombagent wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:26 am

And it's official.

Might just be confirmation that the GM will effectively report to Mayo, just as a series of them did to Belichick.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:56 am
Grizzled wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 am

Might just be confirmation that the GM will effectively report to Mayo, just as a series of them did to Belichick.
Did they even have an official GM or just a Director of Player Personnel? It would be amazing to give the personnel duties also to a rookie HC.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Belichick has interviewed with the Falcons. Jim Harbaugh will be doing a 2nd interview next week. Antonio Pierce is the HC choice for the Raiders.