For our UK brothers and sisters

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

karhu
Head Coach

Just throwing this out there: our countries each have some seriously stupid (and in some ways stupidly similar) problems these days, and it's always been difficult for each side to convince the other of what really makes it special.

But.

You have Half Man Half Biscuit, and we don't. Heck, we don't have anything that hits anything remotely like the same spot, because we insist that we don't have a spot to hit. So there's that. God save little shops, china cups and virginity, and that was satire because it spoke to something worth respecting.

Writing this after getting into my cups waiting to call a friend in Dublin, so take this all with a big grain of internationally sourced and therefore possibly problematic salt. Except the HMHB bit. They're great.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
karhu
Head Coach

This is not their best foot forward here (who here has even heard of the Libertines?), but I'm not sure HMHB records anything they don't have fun with, and that's good enough for me.

And it might as well have been written for Tyson Bagent, so there's that. Great fucking song to boot.

So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Libertines, oh yeah, I saw them a few time, just as they were breaking out. Had some great songs, great energy.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural