Senior Bowl 2024 DL / CB /LB

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Hall - Baylor - Great Day 1. Was absolutely winning every Rep quickly and easily - albeit with the same move (A Nice Arm Over). Looks the Part. OL adapted on Days 2 and 3 and he didn't look as good

PSU - Issac - Looks like he could be an excellent 3-4 OLB - Does he have size to be 4-3 DE? Speed to Power with some bend. In Team Drills - Back to back plays where he just instantly and clearly destroyed the BYU "Tackle". Hassan Reddick?

Fiske - Good initial quickness, solid hands, solid enough power, Looks like Good Motor. Helped himself. I kept getting shades of Harrison Phillips? But not sure if thats just because both are White DTs

Mizzou Robinson- - Looks the part for sure. Lots of good reps and won in different ways too. Think you can move him up and down the line too (Shades of Bennett in Seattle?). Might have been the guy who made himself the most money (him and the Toledo corner)

LSU - 99 DL - Should be a rotation player in the NFL. Did Rip Uconns helmet off and maybe swing it at him

Sweat - Texas - Human Monster. Didn't weigh in (easily 350+ though). There is only one Comparison : Vince Wilfork. Guys this size shouldn't be able to move like this. It was fantastic. I saw him lose on exactly One Rep (he tried a pass rushing "move" - which he should never do - and I think the DL Coach just wanted to see it). But his move is brute force power that is surprisingly quick off the ball. Immovable in the run game (looked great in the 2 on 1s). He destroyed some Centers in the 1 on 1s. Felt like he almost collapsed one guys knees (both of them). He absolutely CAN move the pocket and help you (in spurts) in the pass rush department

Question is going to be: How many snaps can you get out of him - How many Series? You literally could hear the DL Coach telling him - give me a good snap here and you can rest. How high a pick can you use on a Low Snap type player? Albeit Very high end Snaps? Him and Billings on the same team would really be a luxury.

UCLA - full move set. Pretty solid motor. He did clown some guys . Clear loss to Oregon OT though. You can see it though - he won reps with secondary moves after he initially stymied

Kansas Booker - Initial Rep - he came in too high - Washington OT jumped it and absolutely knocked him to the ground with his punch. Played way better after that. Looks like he tested poorly - but looked pretty athletic in practices, Has a Pass Rushing Move Set

Oregon Doris (?) - Some Power

Braswell - Alabama - Looked like high motor with some technique. I liked him better than the Western Michigan kid who seems to be similarly ranked

Kneeland - Western Michigan - Mainly Speed to Power guy (likes to go straight power). But I dont think that will work as well against next level up

Not the strongest group of Corners I've seen here (Granted the WR were probably 10 Deep in terms of Legit Pros)

Oregon Corner - I wonder about top end speed - but some real solid reps in the Red Zone drills (1 on 1s longer field - He didn't look as good)

Toledo CB Mitchell- Best Corner I've seen at the Senior Bowl - Running guys routes with them in 1 on 1s - Easy Top End Speed - Decent Size - Made plays on the ball - never seemed in danger. He absolutely locked down Michigan's Wilson after Wilson had like 4 massive wins against other corners (like the corner isn't even in the shot on 1 on 1s type wins)

Cam Hart -Notre Dame - He was probably the 2nd most intriguing CB there. Looked like solid size for a CB, and had some nice coverages/reps. and even made some plays on the ball. Did get beat some, handsy some. Beautful Rep against North Carolina (ran his route basically - and the NC kid had an awful week with his hands, but being fast and open hadn't been his issue). INT in one on ones, seems like solid technique

WSU Smith - Wade - bit up and down. Did note a nice INT

DJ James some flashes - especially on Day 2 - had a really nice 7 on 7 Rep.

Just not a great CB group at Senior Bowl overall though

Linebacker - It is very tough to stand out at the Senior Bowl

Miami Former Safety - Looks great getting off the bus - Safety experience at least has me intrigued

Cal LB - Really looked good- 2 INTs which is very rare

Kentucky - Wallace - showed some flashes in coverage

Tight Ends
Theo Johnson - TE Penn State - Decent movement skills for a guy his size Seemed to make some plays. One route in the Red Zone stood out as particularly nice especially for a guy his size

Barner - Michigan - Meh - Looked supremely stiff

Minnesota. Spann - Not too shabby. Reminded me of the Washington TE a few years back

Ben Sinnott - Kansas State - HBack type - Good hands

HB
Really liked th e New Hamphire kid Laube - Can do a bit of everything. Borderline could play the slot

Ali - Marshall (?). Thought he had some juice

USC kid Lloyd - Liked him more than I thought. Good cuts, good agility, much better hands than I was expecting
wulfy
MVP

Braden Fiske is a guy I really like this year. Tested and measured really well at the Combine .... measured first among all DTs in Athletic Score at the Combine.

Unfortunately, we don't have a pick when he is coming off the board (early 2nd is my guess).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:39 am Braden Fiske is a guy I really like this year. Tested and measured really well at the Combine .... measured first among all DTs in Athletic Score at the Combine.

Unfortunately, we don't have a pick when he is coming off the board (early 2nd is my guess).
Really high motor too it seemed