Caleb Williams News and Rumor thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

HurricaneBear
Head Coach

TheWorldBreaker wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:02 pm
That’s my issue, every keep Fields person confidently asserts that MHJ and better coaches will unlock him but when it comes to declaring him the franchise quarterback of the future and extending him for the next five years there’s equivocation, “we need to actually see it, we’ll wait another year.”
Not every Fields person is against drafting Williams. I'll be jumping for joy if that's the route Poles goes. I'll be jumping for joy if he trades down for a haul and keeps Fields. Hell I'll be jumping for joy if he stays at 1 and drafts MHJ. Some of us just like to enjoy the ride.

The reasons we keep arguing about QBs so viciously is alot of people keep assuming everyone else has these black and white views. Fandom is shades of grey.

Unless it's about signing Kirk Cousins or Lucas Patrick. Fire those bitches into the sun.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

southdakbearfan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:09 am
What would another team do, camp out and protest in front of Halas hall that the bears wouldn’t trade them the pick?
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Kaiser wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:41 am I'm really looking forward to Friday April 26th when JF1 is off the roster, Caleb has been selected and these stupid conversations are over.
The JF1 megathread will live on
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

southdakbearfan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:09 am
docc wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:03 pm I just wonder..if the general consensus is CW is 100% sure fire "generational talent"..why were so many retread QBs taken in FA ? Would they not want the sure fire wonder boy and trade whatever they can to get to him..? I wonder what teams are left that would have interest in the almighty.. Some of the FA QBs signed by some teams seem a JAG for $$$$$...

Feels unusual that CW is not rumored to be fought over like a steak to wolves so far but just that NFL teams acquiesce to Bears taking him at #1 ?

Just seems odd..
You do realize there is only 1, #1 pick in the draft and there isn’t a fight, it is awarded via a process?

What would another team do, camp out and protest in front of Halas hall that the bears wouldn’t trade them the pick?
I love Doccs personality and quick wit, so nothing personal here....

It seems the keep Fields and trade the #1 crowd also believe the opposite of this in that if Fields struggles next year, the Bears can magically trade for the QB they want in 25 with the extra draft picks from trading down this year. You need a trade partner for that to happen. Just because you have the ammo, there is no guarantee of any sort of deal. As they say, it takes 2 to tango.

So in reality, if Fields struggles even after building the team, what do the Bears do? Sign a retread for millions, hope for a trade partner, or draft the 3rd best prospect?
Last edited by Hema2.0 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
docc
Head Coach

How anyone could imagine what I wrote about "rumors" as being camping out and protests... I have been around a long long time..(sing it) about 60 YEARS+ of drafts .. So I guess "rumors" equal...the French Revolution.. Yep Imagination is a wonderful process...sometimes..

I read Comanders..Patriots..other newspapers and fan forums.. It was just an observation..that mirrored those news and posts..
I have only one "horse" in this race..Bears winning...

Really ??
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

docc wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 pm How anyone could imagine what I wrote about "rumors" as being camping out and protests... I have been around a long long time..(sing it) about 60 YEARS+ of drafts .. So I guess "rumors" equal...the French Revolution.. Yep Imagination is a wonderful process...sometimes..

I read Comanders..Patriots..other newspapers and fan forums.. It was just an observation..that mirrored those news and posts..

Really ??
So you haven’t figured out that nobody is asking about the #1 pick because it’s obvious and known what’s going to happen with it.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

docc wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 pm How anyone could imagine what I wrote about "rumors" as being camping out and protests... I have been around a long long time..(sing it) about 60 YEARS+ of drafts .. So I guess "rumors" equal...the French Revolution.. Yep Imagination is a wonderful process...sometimes..

Really ??
Don't like hearing comparison to French Revolution. We all know what happened there:

docc
Head Coach

..Claypool..?
LacertineForest
MVP

I think I see a young Virginia McCaskey in the crowd there.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Two quality TEs and a pass-catching RB combined with a solidified OL and a (presumed) high pick at WR.

Reads like a really good training wheels setup for a rookie QB.
KFFL refugee.

RichH55
Hall of Famer

TheWorldBreaker wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:15 pm
dplank wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:06 pm I would trade the #1 pick, draft MHJr, and activate Justin’s 5th year option.
And then begin negotiations on the extensions in advance of your plan to outsmart the rest of the league?

What will you offer him, the Daniel Jones contract?
Sadly the Daniel Jones contract is close to be a best case scenario for a Fields extension
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:02 pm Two quality TEs and a pass-catching RB combined with a solidified OL and a (presumed) high pick at WR.

I'd like more. But it's far better than what the Bears usually provide young QBs. Assuming Poles does draft a WR at 9 of course. If he doesn't i will get very mad and stomp my feet alot.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:04 pm
thunderspirit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:02 pm Two quality TEs and a pass-catching RB combined with a solidified OL and a (presumed) high pick at WR.

I'd like more. But it's far better than what the Bears usually provide young QBs. Assuming Poles does draft a WR at 9 of course. If he doesn't i will get very mad and stomp my feet alot.
Can you at least wait until Night 2 of the Draft is over before that? :)
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

RichH55 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:10 pm
HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:04 pm

Can you at least wait until Night 2 of the Draft is over before that? :)
Doubtful. But I will try.

If he drafts a running back in the first tho, then all bets are off. Things may burn.
G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Magilla_Gorilla
Player of the Month

TheWorldBreaker
MVP

Magilla_Gorilla wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:20 pm
They also mentioned on the show a Denver journalist comparing the people fanatical about keeping Fields and going for a haul to the people who argued the Broncos shouldn’t pursue Peyton Manning because they had Tim Tebow…
dplank
Hall of Famer

These are the same people that have been parroting the same thing from the beginning. What’s gross here about this is that people can’t wrap their head around even the possibility that they are wrong about any of: Fields being better than they think, CW not being as great as they think, and Poles maybe thinking about keeping Fields. That utter certainty and disdain displayed by the CW camp is why your called cult members. Meanwhile the Fields camp is just preaching caution and unknowns, and getting insulted for having the nerve to not fall in line with these talking head idiots.

We will be able to roll with the punches and support CW if that’s where Poles goes. I honestly wonder about the other side, I’m not sure how you come back from it if Fields returns.
Magilla_Gorilla
Player of the Month

dplank wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:43 am These are the same people that have been parroting the same thing from the beginning. What’s gross here about this is that people can’t wrap their head around even the possibility that they are wrong about any of: Fields being better than they think, CW not being as great as they think, and Poles maybe thinking about keeping Fields. That utter certainty and disdain displayed by the CW camp is why your called cult members. Meanwhile the Fields camp is just preaching caution and unknowns, and getting insulted for having the nerve to not fall in line with these talking head idiots.

We will be able to roll with the punches and support CW if that’s where Poles goes. I honestly wonder about the other side, I’m not sure how you come back from it if Fields returns.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

If Caleb is the QB, Keenan Allen is absolutely a perfect match for him. Sure handed security blanket for Caleb while DJ is torching Ds on the outside and deep. Kmet is going to have a monster year. CW wanted to go to a team stocked and ready to go. Well here you are CW, if you do come to Chicago the Bears are ready to fucking compete!
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:43 am These are the same people that have been parroting the same thing from the beginning. What’s gross here about this is that people can’t wrap their head around even the possibility that they are wrong about any of: Fields being better than they think, CW not being as great as they think, and Poles maybe thinking about keeping Fields. That utter certainty and disdain displayed by the CW camp is why your called cult members. Meanwhile the Fields camp is just preaching caution and unknowns, and getting insulted for having the nerve to not fall in line with these talking head idiots.

They put their head between their knees and say: "I will trust in Mr. Poles." 13 times.

:D
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 will go back to giving JF1 knobbers on Discord like nothing ever happened.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Always nice when the side you agree with is the rational, understanding, fair side! And getting insulted for it!

And the other side is Gross Cult members who can't wrap their head around things. - Certainly no insults there!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

honestly, i just joined the cult cause they're doing 15% matching on my 401k
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Rusty Trombagent wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am honestly, i just joined the cult cause they're doing 15% matching on my 401k
The Dental plan isn't nothing to sniff at either. The cult has that part ownership of the Franchise money:)
UOK
Site Admin

Rusty Trombagent wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am honestly, i just joined the cult cause they're doing 15% matching on my 401k
The cult also generally gets better parking spots as well as quarterly gift cards to Mariano's.
wab
Mod

I didn't know where to put this, but it really is an interesting time to be a Bears fan.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:41 am I didn't know where to put this, but it really is an interesting time to be a Bears fan.

Yes but what also excites me is what the defense can be.

That sets the table for the offense.

The additional pass rusher lights up that whole D. Chop, Verse, Turner whomever.

Poles opened up that possibility when he traded for Allen.

Now a DL is almost a sure thing at 9.

But remember what the 2018 D did for Mitch? Whoever we’ve got at QB in 2024 is going to be better than that guy and the other skill players on offense are better.

I’d take Moore over ARob. Kmet has emerged. Now Allen.

I’m fucking ready for the season.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:27 am
The cult also generally gets better parking spots as well as quarterly gift cards to Mariano's.
Well, shit, now I have to sign up.
KFFL refugee.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:14 pm
UOK wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:27 am

Well, shit, now I have to sign up.
Also, check out the sweet kicks they gave me:

(sorry i'm hiding my face in that pic, i value my privacy)