Draft Day Question--what happens here?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

otis
Pro Bowler

My rage was from drafting biscuit anyway. Can't forget the trade up too. My brain is starting to fry now just thinking about it.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

otis wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:21 pm My rage was from drafting biscuit anyway. Can't forget the trade up too. My brain is starting to fry now just thinking about it.
I was mortified and them quickly convinced myself I was wrong and it would be great.

Moral of story, go with your first choice.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:02 pm
otis wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:21 pm My rage was from drafting biscuit anyway. Can't forget the trade up too. My brain is starting to fry now just thinking about it.
I was mortified and them quickly convinced myself I was wrong and it would be great.

Moral of story, go with your first choice.
That didn't work out so well for Ryan Pace! ;)
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I was driving, listening to the draft. I almost went off the road when they announced the pick. My anger matched this when they traded for Mirer. I was living in Seattle, hoping against hope that the rumours were false.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
docc
Head Coach

I had to fly up Madison for a weekend conference.. not . I drove my Dad's Caddy from Chicago and heard the news on Radio... Very bad snow and ice storms in Feb. A miserable 4 days up there...Who the F thought that was a good idea...?

NO !! No Mirer PLEASE..
Shadow
Assistant Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:05 pm Oh and for the record the greatest Sherlock Holmes is without question Jeremy Brett. If you haven't seen the series starring him I strongly recommend checking it out. Two different actors played Watson, David Burke up to The Final Problem and the showdown with Moriarty at the Reichenbach Falls after which Edward Hardwicke took over.

They're faithful adaptations of the original Conan-Doyle stories. Even the 221B Baker Street apartment was copied directly from the original illustrations in The Strand magazine, although they did end up replacing the mirror above the mantelpiece with a painting of the Reichenbach Falls because it made filming difficult having to avoid catching the camera and production crews' reflections.

Brett is simply awesome. Poor guy was eventually diagnosed as bi-polar and immersing himself so much in the role contributed to his mental health issues. He started out really looking the part, some shots were uncannily like The Strand drawings, but he ended up on medication that caused him to bloat and put on weight in later episodes.

I have the entire Jeremy Brett "Holmes series on DVD. It gets brought out, and watched in its entirety, whenever I see a bad Holmes and Watson version. Just to remind me, all things new are not always better, just because they are new.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Heinz D.
MVP

Boris13c wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:31 pm the only way I will ever watch television of the NFL draft ever again is if Mel Kiper has a monkey throw shit in his face, live on the air, every time he opens his ignorant arrogant mouth
You don't have NFL Network? Or ABC?
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Bearfacts
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:05 pm
dplank wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Discord was pretty hoppin last draft, good times
If there’s a video feed what’s the over / under on how many times G08 moons the camera or flashes his dick?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And yet another reason to just stay away on draft night. :sick:
Bearfacts
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:03 pm One NFL insider said teams are reluctant to offer Poles that historic package for the #1 pick. Another said the market for Fields is softening the longer the Bears wait, with lower round picks being offered.
I don't doubt that at the moment but what is today may not be what is once the dust from FA settles. Mac Jones being traded to JAX for a 6th won't help the market for Fields right now but it also means NE may be in the market for a QB either in FA or the draft. The more teams buying the more teams with something to sell will benefit but it's like poker. Be patient and don't tip your hand. There are times to go all in and other times to keep checking the bet. Poles is still checking looking to raise the value of both JF and that 1st.

I believe he's seen some nominal offers but nothing good enough or solid enough to make a move so he'll keep playing his hand. Every GM in the league knows Poles virtually controls the top of this draft and after seeing C J Stroud vs Bryce Young last year no one wants to over pay for the wrong guy. I take that as yet another indication that other teams are not 100% sold on CW either. If anyone will over pay and yet still leave Poles in the cat bird seat at #2 it's Wash with a desire to draft their hometown boy.

They have an interesting front office there too with a lot of NBA background and a need to sell season tickets and put butts in seats. They say they have too many other holes to fill to make that trade but they also have more cap available than anyone to fill needs in FA. A trade with Wash also leaves Poles in the best spot to trade that #2 for another haul if he feels that's his best move or he can take his QB there. Possibly Daniels who may actually be a better fit. So who knows? It's poker time in the NFL place your bets.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Bearfacts wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:52 pm
Grizzled wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:03 pm One NFL insider said teams are reluctant to offer Poles that historic package for the #1 pick. Another said the market for Fields is softening the longer the Bears wait, with lower round picks being offered.
I don't doubt that at the moment but what is today may not be what is once the dust from FA settles. Mac Jones being traded to JAX for a 6th won't help the market for Fields right now but it also means NE may be in the market for a QB either in FA or the draft. The more teams buying the more teams with something to sell will benefit but it's like poker. Be patient and don't tip your hand. There are times to go all in and other times to keep checking the bet. Poles is still checking looking to raise the value of both JF and that 1st.

I believe he's seen some nominal offers but nothing good enough or solid enough to make a move so he'll keep playing his hand. Every GM in the league knows Poles virtually controls the top of this draft and after seeing C J Stroud vs Bryce Young last year no one wants to over pay for the wrong guy. I take that as yet another indication that other teams are not 100% sold on CW either. If anyone will over pay and yet still leave Poles in the cat bird seat at #2 it's Wash with a desire to draft their hometown boy.

They have an interesting front office there too with a lot of NBA background and a need to sell season tickets and put butts in seats. They say they have too many other holes to fill to make that trade but they also have more cap available than anyone to fill needs in FA. A trade with Wash also leaves Poles in the best spot to trade that #2 for another haul if he feels that's his best move or he can take his QB there. Possibly Daniels who may actually be a better fit. So who knows? It's poker time in the NFL place your bets.
It is poker time. Poles bet last year and cleaned up. He's bet heavily on Flus and now he better be right about a QB this year.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Heinz D. wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:18 pm
Boris13c wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:31 pm the only way I will ever watch television of the NFL draft ever again is if Mel Kiper has a monkey throw shit in his face, live on the air, every time he opens his ignorant arrogant mouth
You don't have NFL Network? Or ABC?
yes I do ... so what?

if they aren't showing Mel Kiper having a monkey throw shit in his face, then I am not interested in their draft coverage either
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Heinz D.
MVP

Boris13c wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:50 pm if they aren't showing Mel Kiper having a monkey throw shit in his face, then I am not interested in their draft coverage either
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
docc
Head Coach

We do our regular...throwing chihuahua stools and chicken bones using the alignment to pick our next great...uh..
(pick a position)...