The 2024 Draft

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

I'm pretty much make the WR corps like Burrow had year 2 and grab Odunze if he's there. I know DE is a need, but in the Poles era Justin Jones main FA signing and high picks on Brisker and Gordon year 1. Last year Edmunds, Edwards, Billings, Walker, and Ngaukwe (plus an OG) main FA. Drafted two CB, Two DT, and a LB. Then traded for DE. This offseason S, C, and TE main FA. So that's why I lean to doing everything to set up Caleb for success.

That being said with C, DE, 3T, LT and WR all being needs to some degree I'm not opposed with some trade downs.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Bearfacts
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am Bunch of articles today on Poles staying at #9 to take a second blue-chipper in the 1st round, that he's not stressing about the low number of picks. Of course, no GM worth his salt is actually going to reveal anything concrete about his draft plans a month out, it's all part of the poker games going on.
This has been both my though and my preference all along. IMHO there isn't enough to be gained in a draft where the talent is much thinner after the top 100 or so to move down and miss out on a top tier pick at the positions (WR/DE/OL) that might benefit you most. FA was basically about adding experienced vet depth with journey men guys and acquiring a better and more versatile #1 RB. The current roster needs more blue chip talent so spend those two top picks on that filling your greatest needs. Second tier first round picks and 3rd and 4th round picks won't be able to contribute immediately as well as the top players. JMHO
Bearfacts
MVP

dplank wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am If any of the 3 WRs are there he should go that route IMO. If not then he should target DE, and I wouldn’t get cute I’d just take the top one on his board at 9. That player will rotate heavily as a rookie and allow Walker to move inside on pass rush downs. It completes our DL and has our bookend DEs locked in for 4 seasons.
This is a question I proposed in another thread. We don't know it what order the 3 top WR may fall other than to suspect MHJr may be first off the board. Some predictions have Odunze ahead of Nabers while others are the opposite. If Nabers is there at #9, and he's clearly ranked above anyone else as a BPA do we take him?

I might see this possibility more than if it's Odunze. Why? His speed, elusiveness, and YAC potential add up to this kid being a potential game breaker in a way MHJr and Odunze are not. He may get less targets but if Waldron can scheme him just the right way he's got the potential to break long gains and TDs any time he has the ball in his hands. Moore also has that ability but I believe Nabers may be even better and faster. A DE/Edge helps prevent scoring but can a kid like Nabors add scoring and help CW more?
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Bearfacts wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm
dplank wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am If any of the 3 WRs are there he should go that route IMO. If not then he should target DE, and I wouldn’t get cute I’d just take the top one on his board at 9. That player will rotate heavily as a rookie and allow Walker to move inside on pass rush downs. It completes our DL and has our bookend DEs locked in for 4 seasons.
This is a question I proposed in another thread. We don't know it what order the 3 top WR may fall other than to suspect MHJr may be first off the board. Some predictions have Odunze ahead of Nabers while others are the opposite. If Nabers is there at #9, and he's clearly ranked above anyone else as a BPA do we take him?

I might see this possibility more than if it's Odunze. Why? His speed, elusiveness, and YAC potential add up to this kid being a potential game breaker in a way MHJr and Odunze are not. He may get less targets but if Waldron can scheme him just the right way he's got the potential to break long gains and TDs any time he has the ball in his hands. Moore also has that ability but I believe Nabers may be even better and faster. A DE/Edge helps prevent scoring but can a kid like Nabors add scoring and help CW more?
Nabers could be the first WR off the ball based on what you said. I honestly have no idea who will be there at #9. My fear is the top 3 WR, Alt and Turner go in the top three. If that happens, I'm all for a trade down (maybe even if Alt is there I think it should be considered).

Really would like to see QBs go 1-3 and someone trade with AZ at 4 to get a QB. If that happens I think Alt will also get drafted before 9. That leave at least the "3rd WR" (I think all three would likely be the top WR in most drafts, so getting the "3rd best" isn't that much of an issue) or Turner. All of those guys feel like great value at #9.

Could still trade down, but need a very solid return.
Heinz D.
MVP

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm You are right, I'm sorry. His NFL ability is not unknown. He has played one season so it is known that he can put up 17 catches for 168 yards and 0 TDs. I want more than that for our number 3 receiver for our shiny new QB.
April 25th is fast approaching. We'll see what happens that night.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Heinz D. wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm
HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm You are right, I'm sorry. His NFL ability is not unknown. He has played one season so it is known that he can put up 17 catches for 168 yards and 0 TDs. I want more than that for our number 3 receiver for our shiny new QB.
April 25th is fast approaching. We'll see what happens that night.
What does what happens on draft night have to do with me wanting a great wide receiver room? A room that i want Scott included in. What does it have to do with you falsely saying I'm calling Scott a bust? I don't understand what your trying to do with your comments.

My whole point is you are trying to make it sound like people are down on Scott. They aren't.
Bearfacts
MVP

Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm
Bearfacts wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

Nabers could be the first WR off the ball based on what you said. I honestly have no idea who will be there at #9. My fear is the top 3 WR, Alt and Turner go in the top three. If that happens, I'm all for a trade down (maybe even if Alt is there I think it should be considered).

Really would like to see QBs go 1-3 and someone trade with AZ at 4 to get a QB. If that happens I think Alt will also get drafted before 9. That leave at least the "3rd WR" (I think all three would likely be the top WR in most drafts, so getting the "3rd best" isn't that much of an issue) or Turner. All of those guys feel like great value at #9.

While I'm not a huge fan of mocks this years seem to be having an easier time of it due to the abundance of QB talent and the number of teams who need one. Several have four QBs going in the first four picks with Minny trading up to #4 with AZ for McCarthy. Another had them trading with NE for #3 for Maye and McCarthy falling out of the top ten to Denver at #12. As of today that seems less likely.

While you could easily be correct it seems much of what happens to the WR depends on whether all four of the top QBs go 1-4 or only three. If AZ declines a trade with Minny then look for them to also hit up the NYG and ATL. If AZ is still holding #4 I believe they'll take MHJr. If they trade will SD holding #5 take MHJr, Nabers or Odunze? What ever happens on #4 and #5 seem keyed to a trade/no trade with Minny.

If AZ doesn't trade with Minny the NYG are also a target for a trade or they may take the last of the three WR. Most believe Alt won't get passed Tenn at #7. They seem pretty certain of it. Then comes ATL at #8. If no one has made a trade with Minny yet would ATL? If yes than Turner is there if we want him. If no then ATL probably takes him and Poles has decision to make if a WR or Turner were his top choices.

Does he take Verse at #9 or trade back a few picks and risk losing him? Or is Fuaga now at the top of his board and he has that same decision to make? IMHO and IMHO only, now that is seems assured Poles will draft CW at #1 whose still on the board at #9 will have a lot to do with whoever Minny is able to negotiate with as far as trading up for a QB and whether or not any WR will be left at #9.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Bearfacts wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm
Arkansasbear wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

While I'm not a huge fan of mocks this years seem to be having an easier time of it due to the abundance of QB talent and the number of teams who need one. Several have four QBs going in the first four picks with Minny trading up to #4 with AZ for McCarthy. Another had them trading with NE for #3 for Maye and McCarthy falling out of the top ten to Denver at #12. As of today that seems less likely.

While you could easily be correct it seems much of what happens to the WR depends on whether all four of the top QBs go 1-4 or only three. If AZ declines a trade with Minny then look for them to also hit up the NYG and ATL. If AZ is still holding #4 I believe they'll take MHJr. If they trade will SD holding #5 take MHJr, Nabers or Odunze? What ever happens on #4 and #5 seem keyed to a trade/no trade with Minny.

If AZ doesn't trade with Minny the NYG are also a target for a trade or they may take the last of the three WR. Most believe Alt won't get passed Tenn at #7. They seem pretty certain of it. Then comes ATL at #8. If no one has made a trade with Minny yet would ATL? If yes than Turner is there if we want him. If no then ATL probably takes him and Poles has decision to make if a WR or Turner were his top choices.

Does he take Verse at #9 or trade back a few picks and risk losing him? Or is Fuaga now at the top of his board and he has that same decision to make? IMHO and IMHO only, now that is seems assured Poles will draft CW at #1 whose still on the board at #9 will have a lot to do with whoever Minny is able to negotiate with as far as trading up for a QB and whether or not any WR will be left at #9.
Yep. The thing we need to hope for is someone moves ahead of and 4 QBs are taken in the first 8 picks.
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty convinced that 4 qbs go in the top 8. Minn or someone else will trade up for that. I'm also pretty convinced that 2 WRs will go in the top 8.

This means one of Alt, Turner and a WR will remain when the Bears pick at 9. It's even possible that 2 of those 3 are still on the board if another team surprises with either another OT pick or an aggressive move for a CB or even Brock Bowers.

I love both Odunze and Nabers and I wouldn't hate selecting one of them at 9 but I just don't see us investing that kind of top 10 draft capital in what will be WR3 this year and likely WR2 for the upcoming years. Esp in an era where high quality receivers are coming out every year and contributing early.

Similarly, I don't see Poles investing that kind of draft capital in DE2 even though we have a clear need.

I think Poles will (and should) use his other round 1 pick for a starting 3T and/or LT. And, I think you could trade down a few spots and still land that player: one of Byron Murphy/Johnny Newton or Fuaga/Fashanu depending on your preference and grades.

A trade into the early teens would still land the Bears a blue chip player and y an extra 3rd round pick in the ~75 range at a minimum. A third rounder could bring a potential a WR3,a future starting C/G,a TE3 (which we need,) or future starting safety. It could also be traded for multiple Day 3 picks.
IotaNet
MVP

The Kaiser wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am I think Poles will (and should) use his other round 1 pick for a starting 3T and/or LT. And, I think you could trade down a few spots and still land that player: one of Byron Murphy/Johnny Newton or Fuaga/Fashanu depending on your preference and grades.

A trade into the early teens would still land the Bears a blue chip player and y an extra 3rd round pick in the ~75 range at a minimum. A third rounder could bring a potential a WR3,a future starting C/G,a TE3 (which we need,) or future starting safety. It could also be traded for multiple Day 3 picks.
This is kinda where my head is. We know a couple of things:
1) Poles likes to turn a few picks into many picks.
2) 3T is the engine that makes Flus’ defense go.

In this draft, the top IDLs can be had further back than 9 … and so can a WR3.

As sexy as Nabers, MHJ and other names sound, Poles has never been one to go for the sexy name. He’s all about maximizing value and I don’t see him deviating from his playbook.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Gen. Colin Powell
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

The Bears are in a good spot. There are no glaring holes to plug. The Bears just need impact players and they are positioned to get one at one of 3 premier positions and could trade down to still target another impact position like 3T. Poles has done a fantastic job setting this team up for future success.

I don't think I'll be upset with whatever direction he goes at 9. Unless he drafts a running back at 9. If that happens maybe send medics to my house to check on me.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Rumor of the day,: Poles values OTs quite highly, more than WRs. He knows the team needs more DL help but might not be able to pass up the chance to draft a franchise OT to give Williams more protection. The Bears put a rookie at RT last season and would do the same at LT.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
wab
Mod

Grizzled wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 am Rumor of the day,: Poles values OTs quite highly, more than WRs. He knows the team needs more DL help but might not be able to pass up the chance to draft a franchise OT to give Williams more protection. The Bears put a rookie at RT last season and would do the same at LT.
I've thought about this a lot. On one hand, you have Braxton Jones...who I love. He's been one of the best rated OTs to come out of his draft class. On the other hand, if you have the chance to draft an absolute stud at OT...how do you pass on that? When Poles was with the Chiefs, they invested heavily in the OL. Same with the Eagles when Cunningham was there.

I've heard they really like Fuaga and feel that Wright could move to LT.

If they did go the OL route, I think I'd prefer Fashanu. IMO he has the highest upside after Alt.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am
Grizzled wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 am Rumor of the day,: Poles values OTs quite highly, more than WRs. He knows the team needs more DL help but might not be able to pass up the chance to draft a franchise OT to give Williams more protection. The Bears put a rookie at RT last season and would do the same at LT.
I've thought about this a lot. On one hand, you have Braxton Jones...who I love. He's been one of the best rated OTs to come out of his draft class. On the other hand, if you have the chance to draft an absolute stud at OT...how do you pass on that? When Poles was with the Chiefs, they invested heavily in the OL. Same with the Eagles when Cunningham was there.

If they did go the OL route, I think I'd prefer Fashanu. IMO he has the highest upside after Alt.

If Braxton was a good candidate to slide inside, it would make that route an easier choice.
But I think he's definitely best fit at T.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Bearfacts
MVP

If that's Poles play then either Denver/#12 or LV/#13 would be in play. He may risk losing out on his choice of a WR or DE with only an OL left at that point who ranks that high or if he takes a DT I'd wonder what his plan for Dexter and Pickens are both of whom spec as 3 tech types plus he has Walker who also can move inside. He needs another DE/Edge more than he needs a DT IMHO only.

If Turner or Verse are his prime targets and Minny has traded up to #4 with AZ then they would be at #11. If Turner goes to ATL at #8 AZ may take grab Verse as the highest ranked DL still on the board and Poles loses him. This is where effective inside info or great intuitive skills come into play. It's like playing poker where you need to be able to read the other guys hand by the way he plays it.
Bearfacts
MVP

If that's his play it's one that will surprise a lot of people but it's also one where he may be able to trade down a few picks to pick up another 3rd round pick and still have a couple of OL to choose from. Other than Alt both the rankings and the predictive mocks tend to have pushed the OL lower this year due to the 4 QBs and 3 WR likely to go in the top ten.

Alt appears to go to TENN in nearly every mock and Turner to ATL. If it falls that was Poles might have a WR, DE and an OL still on the board at #9. I think it's also how he views it and why he's asked his scouting/personnel guys to form groups and each make their best pitch for which position to draft. Sounds like top shelf kinda thinking to me which doesn't surprise me.

If Odunze is still there I can see a trade partner pretty easily. Then the question becomes if Verse is the remaining DE can he trade back and still get him? Or has he been sold on drafting an OL who like Wright could play anywhere on the OL? I have to admit that would be a very Poles like move not many so called "experts" will have correctly predicted.
Bearfacts
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 am

If Braxton was a good candidate to slide inside, it would make that route an easier choice.
But I think he's definitely best fit at T.
If the pick is an OL it would seem to make more sense to take one much like Wright who can play multiple positions well. I don't see Jones as an OG but if the objective is to play the best five then they have some options including keeping Jones ant LT or moving him to RT and moving one of the others to OG. Imagine Jenkins and Wright or Fuaga as your two OG.

My thinking is with a QB as mobile as CW but somewhat lacking in height I'd want to keep his pocket as clean as possible so he has two options to avoid the edge rush. He can step up to throw or he can roll out or away from the edge pressure. It's much harder to do that when the rush come straight at you and is right in your face. So I wouldn't rule out an OL at all.

It's not the more glamorous pick but it may be the more practical in a draft with this much OL talent being pushed down by the QB and WR. The DE/Edge talent falls off pretty fast as far as 3 down type players but there are some guys in later rounds who could play as rookies as pass rush specialists. They don't have the physical traits Flus prefers but they're very good football players.

One kid I really like is Mo Kamara who played here at CSU. He's only 6'1" and about 250lbs but the guy is like a Tasmanian Devil as a pass rusher. He's smaller version of Verse. More of a speed to power guy but he has a non-stop motor and he can cause havoc even if he doesn't close the deal. Another whose closer to what Flus likes as far as length is Chop Robinson's teammate Adisa Isaac.

Since this draft is not as strong on edge guys if the one guy Poles and Flus want isn't there maybe they do go OL and do a work around at DE this year and looking to 2025 when they've have 3 picks in the first two rounds and the DE crop may be better. Only they know that so with Poles I'm pretty much prepared for the unusual just as much as I am the more predictable.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am Bunch of articles today on Poles staying at #9 to take a second blue-chipper in the 1st round, that he's not stressing about the low number of picks. Of course, no GM worth his salt is actually going to reveal anything concrete about his draft plans a month out, it's all part of the poker games going on.
Disclaimer. I'm not a draft expert and I haven't watched enough tape to make conclusive statements about the prospects. Whoever the poster was who called me out after watching the Kurt Warner scouting report gave me what I deserved. Hat tip to you!

All that said, my perception based on what I'm hearing, while trying to set my own bias aside, this is what it sounds like to me:
#1... We're taking Caleb Williams. Signed, sealed and delivered.
QBs expected to go before #9...
Drake Maye
Jayden Daniels
JJ McCarthy... Possibly not, but he's a QB and they get overdrafted.

The guys the Bears would love to draft at #9...
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Rome Odunze
Malik Nabors... Has character concerns, but not terribly bad.
Joe Alt... Value pick at #9

So that's 8 guys listed who could all be gone by the time our 2nd pick arrives. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my perception is that Dallas Turner, who seems to be the highest rated defender on the board, isn't the type of 4-3 DE that Flus would prefer, as opposed to the longer, heavier Jared Verse. Thus, we'd take from the group listed above and if they're all gone, then trade back a bit and take Verse, another WR, DT or OT in the teens along with another player in R2 or R3 that we gain via trade down.

In my mind, taking the BPA vs. filling a need (and DE IMO is the largest we have) comes to the fore regarding pick #9. Do we need a DE? Absolutely, yes. Do we have further needs that another day 2 pick would aid? Definitely. Still--and again, this is just my perception based on how I interpret the reporting--there seems to be a shelf where the talent drops after the 3WRs+Joe Alt group. When the talent is equal, you take the bigger need 100% of the time. However, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Thus, it looks to me like if another player jumps in to the top 8 like Dallas Turner, which I've heard more than anyone else, that pushes one of that group of four down to #9 and makes it a complete no brainer to take the BPA and live with the DE need for now.

I'm normally biased toward trading down. But it sounds like this may not be the time, despite our lack of a R2 pick.

Go ahead and tell me what I missed and/or if I'm full of crap.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Makes sense to me. I’d have had Bowers as a possibility but we signed Everett and I don’t like the hit rate on highly drafted TEs.

Because Bears - it makes total sense to me that there are 8 guys that would be great choices for us, and we pick 9th.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Brian Thomas Jr is a good WR.

I’d take him at 9 before Odunze, don’t know why but I’m not a fan of Odunze.

If there are a few good players at 9 then I’d take a trade down to 15 or so and get a 2nd rounder
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Bearfacts
MVP

So that's 8 guys listed who could all be gone by the time our 2nd pick arrives. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my perception is that Dallas Turner, who seems to be the highest rated defender on the board, isn't the type of 4-3 DE that Flus would prefer, as opposed to the longer, heavier Jared Verse. Thus, we'd take from the group listed above and if they're all gone, then trade back a bit and take Verse, another WR, DT or OT in the teens along with another player in R2 or R3 that we gain via trade down.

Turner actually has more arm length by about 1" 34 3/8 vs 33 1/2. He also scores a little higher on his Athletic Score. But what really shows up most is the difference in their style of play. Turner is more the speed guy with a more slender frame. He'll probably always play around 250 lbs or so and press the edge better. Verse shows more speed to power more like Khalil Mack and wins more by simply overpowering his blocker. He weighed in at 254 lbs at the combine but looks like he could play as heavy as 265-270lbs.

It's two different tastes like chocolate and vanilla. Which do they value more?
Last edited by Bearfacts on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
IotaNet
MVP

Bearfacts wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:29 pm It's two different tastes like chocolate and vanilla. Which do they value more?
Yes, and another consideration is which one is a better compliment to Sweat in Flus’ defense?
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Gen. Colin Powell
Bearfacts
MVP

IotaNet wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:20 pm
Bearfacts wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:29 pm It's two different tastes like chocolate and vanilla. Which do they value more?
Yes, and another consideration is which one is a better compliment to Sweat in Flus’ defense?
Another decision I'm happy not to have to make myself.
Heinz D.
MVP

Mikefive wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:27 pm The guys the Bears would love to draft at #9...
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Rome Odunze
Malik Nabors... Has character concerns, but not terribly bad.
Joe Alt... Value pick at #9
Ummm...except for the fact we have compelling video evidence that claim simply isn't true?
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:11 pm Brian Thomas Jr is a good WR.

I’d take him at 9 before Odunze, don’t know why but I’m not a fan of Odunze.

If there are a few good players at 9 then I’d take a trade down to 15 or so and get a 2nd rounder
Saw a lot of Odunze the past 2 years, the guy's a weapon. Thomas is faster but only had one good year, '23. I'm not saying he's Kevin White but I'm leery of guys who get overdrafted based on one good college year.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Heinz D.
MVP

Grizzled wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:46 am Saw a lot of Odunze the past 2 years, the guy's a weapon. Thomas is faster but only had one good year, '23. I'm not saying he's Kevin White but I'm leery of guys who get overdrafted based on one good college year.
Yeah--especially at a position like that one. #9 is WAY too high for Thomas.
dave99
Assistant Coach

dplank wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:52 pm Makes sense to me. I’d have had Bowers as a possibility but we signed Everett and I don’t like the hit rate on highly drafted TEs.

Because Bears - it makes total sense to me that there are 8 guys that would be great choices for us, and we pick 9th.
If you goal is to help the QB, Bowers may be one of the better options.
If it's about getting blue chip players, this guy may be the best available at 9.
[video][/video]
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

dplank wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:52 pm Makes sense to me. I’d have had Bowers as a possibility but we signed Everett and I don’t like the hit rate on highly drafted TEs.

Don't get TMP started about those useless late season wins that come back to bite the Bears in the ass come draft time😂
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Hema2.0 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:23 pm

Don't get TMP started about those useless late season wins that come back to bite the Bears in the ass come draft time😂
I thought of that when I posted it lol

But, he’s right and I still would take the wins so we still disagree. But he did scold me not to complain when this happened, so I’ll STFU
RichH55
Hall of Famer

The more I watch guys and see the board- the more trade down seems most likely to me

Basically I think if MHJ or Nabers gets to #9 thats the pick- otherwise you trade down

Liked the Verse tape more than I thought I was going to