DJ Moore's Comment

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Pro Bowler

Do you think DJ Moore has come to peace with the comment he made about JF being better? I'm pretty sure he is going to find out very shortly that he was dead wrong. Having 2 WR's with 1,000 yards plus will be very nice. Love DJ but I think he's going to be very wrong.
Bearfacts
MVP

What difference does is make now? That ship has sailed. Keeping JF around while still drafting CW was discussed at length and determined to not be the best course of action for either player. Had we not have the #1 overall pick again and there was no CW to draft the outcome may have been different but that's not the way it worked out.

I was totally on board with keeping JF and trading the pick for another fortune in picks and possibly players but the allure of CW and resetting the cap clock for another five years was too much to ignore. CW will come into a much better deal than most top rookie QB are ever drafted into and JF will have a shot at starting over again where he asked to be.

I see it now as a win/win deal for all.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

DJ has dealt with so much change and playing for bad teams etc. I think he'll adjust. He's a laid-back guy and a true pro
xyt in the discord chats
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

DJ is a pro and knows regardless of what he thought, he and CW will be teammates. Plus he'll have Allen along with Kmet, Everett, Swift, and possibly another WR in the draft. He has to like what Waldron brings to the team and the way the needle is pointing up for this team's offense.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
G08
Hall of Famer

Hoog wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:48 pm Do you think DJ Moore has come to peace with the comment he made about JF being better? I'm pretty sure he is going to find out very shortly that he was dead wrong. Having 2 WR's with 1,000 yards plus will be very nice. Love DJ but I think he's going to be very wrong.
He was being loyal to his guy, I respect the hell out of that.

However, he's about to play with the best QB he's been around in his NFL career.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
docc
Head Coach

..we hope..
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:04 pm..we hope..
ditto
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
thunderspirit
Head Coach

DJ Moore right now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

What needs to be understood is that DJ Moore has been through QB hell in his career.

He's obviously an extremely talented WR and he's had to overcome a lot. He didn't have anybody at Carolina to really get him the ball.

So then he comes here and he's got JF1 and they clicked.

For the first time in his career DJ had a guy to get him the ball and there must've been chemistry between them on top of it.

DJ Moore isn't a bad guy for being butt hurt about JF1.

The best thing that can happen is for Williams to hit DJ on a couple bombs and everything will be fine.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:19 am What needs to be understood is that DJ Moore has been through QB hell in his career.

He's obviously an extremely talented WR and he's had to overcome a lot. He didn't have anybody at Carolina to really get him the ball.

So then he comes here and he's got JF1 and they clicked.

For the first time in his career DJ had a guy to get him the ball and there must've been chemistry between them on top of it.

DJ Moore isn't a bad guy for being butt hurt about JF1.

The best thing that can happen is for Williams to hit DJ on a couple bombs and everything will be fine.
While the QB play wasn't good at all DJ did just fine on a personal level in Carolina:
targets: 82, 135, 118, 165, 118, 136
Recept: 55, 87, 66, 93, 63, 96

Over 1k yards 4 times in his career.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:30 pm However, he's about to play with the best QB he's been around in his NFL career.
docc wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:04 pm..we hope..
"I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a Bears fan can feel, a Bears fan at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it through the seasons. I hope to see my QB hold the Lombardi Trophy in his hand. I hope the ticker tape is as navy and orange as it has been in my dreams. I hope."