Whiskey's Bears mock draft (spoiler alert - I'm terrible at this)

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I've been running through a bunch of mocks on Pro Football Network, because I'm too cheap to sign up for PFF. One thing I've noticed beyond the obvious talent at QB and OL, is the abundance of safeties that will most likely be available in rounds 3 & 4. I think looking at WAB's mock draft with all the teams, I agree that there will be a record number of WR's taken in the top 10, and OL in the first round. Lucky for the Bears they will be looking for a pass rusher.

R1:1 - Chicago - Caleb Williams, QB This is the worst kept secret in the draft. He has elite arm talent, and lightning quick decision making. He is a potential franchise QB.

R1:20 (f Pittsburgh) Chicago - Jared Verse, EDGE - (Chicago trades #9 for Pittsburgh's 51st, 98th picks, and a 2025 4th). Even though Latu is still available, as is OT Fuaga. The Bears take the twitched-up EDGE that can take pressure off of Montez Sweat.

R2:40 (f Pittsburgh, f Washington) Chicago - Adonai Mitchell, WR - Poles is determined. He wasn't expecting Mitchell to drop this far, but after the late 1st round run on OT's, he's still there at 40. Poles packages the 51st pick he got from trading down from the 9th, adds a 2025 3rd round pick, and jumps up to #40 to grab Adonai Mitchell. He is the perfect understudy to Keenan Allen.

R3:75 Chicago - Kris Jenkins, DT - Jenkins is a force inside and showed off his ability in the National Championship. He slides down to 75 due to his combine numbers and he's a bit on the light side. But much like Dexter, Poles sees a project that he could turn into the Bears 3-tech of the future.

R3:98 (f Pittsburgh) Chicago - Renardo Green, S - Eddie Jackson is gone. Poles needs depth at the S position, so he picks up the speedster from FSU Green. He's got great ball skills and is a solid tackler. Green plus 10lbs of NFL muscle translates well to a FS at the next level.

R4:122 Chicago - Hunter Nourzad, OC - Bears need a C, and they brought in a couple of veterans to help the cause. Nourzad can learn from them, and is the perfect size for an NFL C. At 6'3" and 317 lbs, he's a stout blocker with a lot of upside. At 23 years old, he has his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell, and a Masters from Penn State. So...he's kinda smart too.
wulfy
MVP

Love the draft and love both AD Mitchell and Kris Jenkins.
IotaNet
MVP

Love this draft. This would make me very happy.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Gen. Colin Powell