yet another celebrity death - RIP Gidget

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Gidget, former Taco Bell dog, dies at age 15
12:24 PM, July 22, 2009

It seems that every time we turn around, another beloved celebrity is passing away. Today, it is with heavy heart that we report yet another celebrity death. Rest in peace Gidget, the Chihuahua who starred in a series of Taco Bell commercials and made famous the phrase "¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!"

Gidget died of a stroke Tuesday at the ripe old age of 15, People Pets reports. She'd lived in comfortable semi-retirement since the heyday of the Taco Bell advertising campaign, occasionally making cameo appearances (hawking insurance alongside the GEICO gecko in a 2002 commercial and playing the mother of Reese Witherspoon's Chihuahua, Bruiser, in the sequel to "Legally Blonde").

rest of story = http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleash ... -dies.html

RIP Gidget

if she were human, she would have been 73

Note: It is a common belief that 1 human year is equal to 7 dog years. That is not very accurate, since dogs reach adulthood within the first couple of years. The formula used above is from a canine expert and is a bit more accurate. (as accurate as one can judge these things)

The formula is: 10.5 dog years per human year for the first 2 years, then 4 dog years per human year for each year after.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/dogyears.htm
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

I thought you meant Sally Field. That would've been kind of sad but this... this is a damn tragedy. I propose a national day of mourning. The world has lost a real talent and one of the few animal actors that truly lived up to the role-model expectations of her position. RIP you beautiful mongrel. You will be missed.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Ormazd
MVP

gaba wrote:I thought you meant Sally Field. That would've been kind of sad but this... this is a damn tragedy. I propose a national day of mourning. The world has lost a real talent and one of the few animal actors that truly lived up to the role-model expectations of her position. RIP you beautiful mongrel. You will be missed.
LMAO. I thought he meant Sally Field, too.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Sally Field (63) would be a 12.5 year old dog ... so she still has some time to lick her own butt for a while
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The most obnoxious commercial actor of our time. Good riddance you little bitch.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:The most obnoxious commercial actor of our time. Good riddance you little bitch.

I can't believe you're hating on the little doggie when there are so many others who more readily qualify for your accused title .... so, you touch yourself when looking at your Billy Mays poster, don't you?

or is it Sham-Wow guy?
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Play on words boris (female dog = bitch).

Sham WOW! That guy was peddling some new shit the other day I saw. Some chopper/cutter thing.
MamaBear
Player of the Month

Sad.

AND LMAO cuz you guys make me do that. Thanks. I needed that.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Not a big fan of little dogs, so mark this in the don’t care column.