Middleguard awards

The latest Bears news and talk

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

Middleguard
MVP

Middleguard awards

Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 pm

For those of you who are new to this forum (or who have really short memories), each week I grade everyone's predicted Bears' score for accuracy. At the end of the year I make some awards including a $50 prize for the over all best predictions (minimum 9 regular season predictions to qualify). In weekly rankings, identical predictions go to the first post, but they all count for the end of season tally.

Post your prediction in the weekly game thread. Your accuracy is judged on nearness to Bears' score, nearness to their opponent's score, and nearness to the final margin. A score of zero is perfect. A high score is bad. Predicted scores less than 0 are invalid. Scores greater than 64 are invalid unless the team actually scores more than 64 (sorry, I have to do this to keep enthusiastic fans from ruining averages).

In two years, with over 500 predictions made in this forum, there have only been 2 correct predictions. All correct predictions will earn the RICHIE award, and have the chance to have the award renamed in your honor next year.

I will be making one change this year in calculating final scores : the manner in which I adjust for missing 1-7 games. Weeks will be weighted according to how difficult they were to predict, and final scores will be a weighted average of weeks participated.
Bearfanuk
Pro Bowler

Re: Middleguard awards

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 am

Yes middleguard I was waiting for this post. This my kinda party baby 8-)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:45 am

In all honesty. I LOVE this contest. Thanks Middleguard!

Ultimately I don't want to win, I just need to beat G08. That's my Superbowl.
Mikefive
Head Coach

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:48 am

Thank you for all the work you put into this! :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

Return to “Halas Hall”