The most penalized player in the NFL is...

The latest Bears news and talk

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:48 am

...Charles Leno Jr.

Have fun, everyone.
Image
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:45 am

Image
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 am

He has almost twice as many penalty yards as Cohen has rushing yards. So that's fun.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 14896
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 am

Fucking wonderful.
Image

See it -- Trust it -- Rip it

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy
User avatar
Boris13c
Hall of Famer
Contact:
Location: The Bear Nebula
Posts: 14637
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 am

wab wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 am
He has almost twice as many penalty yards as Cohen has rushing yards. So that's fun.
on the bright side, he's providing motive for you to have a jersey burning ceremony ... you didn't really want it in the first place right?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula
User avatar
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:57 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:06 am

The oline is a mess and Leno's effort should be embarrassing to him... he is effectively stealing when he collects his paychecks currently... I don't know if it is just mental focus or what but he just doesn't really seem to want to play... I feel bad for Kyle Long because as bad as he has been it's not because his effort isn't there... I think his body is failing on him and he just cannot physically play offensive line in the NFL any longer... but Leno... unless he has some undisclosed injury... he should be ashamed of his effort and refund the team the game checks he has collected so far...
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 7742
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:07 pm

As soon as I saw the title of the topic, I knew exactly who it was. Holy shitballs. More penalty yards than Cohen has rushing yards. That's really bad man.

I suppose, at some point, WAB gave out a Grinchy smile. As if to say..."see, I told you..."
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1503
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Great find.

What a number. He’s got more penalty yards than DBs who’ve given up bombs with PI. Oh wow.
Image
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Image
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
HisRoyalSweetness
Assistant Coach
Posts: 646
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:18 pm

BamaBear09 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:06 am
The oline is a mess and Leno's effort should be embarrassing to him... he is effectively stealing when he collects his paychecks currently... I don't know if it is just mental focus or what but he just doesn't really seem to want to play... I feel bad for Kyle Long because as bad as he has been it's not because his effort isn't there... I think his body is failing on him and he just cannot physically play offensive line in the NFL any longer... but Leno... unless he has some undisclosed injury... he should be ashamed of his effort and refund the team the game checks he has collected so far...
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019 ... aniel-nagy
Left tackle Charles Leno Jr. struggled to the point that seemed distraught. He got flagged for holding twice, one of which he thought was, “some [expletive]” and had a false start.

“I’m gonna go to this bye week and do some real deep searching and see how I can get better,” he said. “If I’m not doing my job, I’m hurting the offense and we can’t get going.”
User avatar
GSH
Assistant Coach
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:32 pm

as soon as there's a flag on offense this season I just shout " FFS LENO!" at my TV and dont even need them to call the player. we all know who its gonna be.

Fucking Jay Leno would be an upgrade at this point.
Image
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 pm

From Nagy's commentary today, he was furious over how the first drive of the game set the tone. 3rd and 20 thanks to penalties.
Image
User avatar
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach
Contact:
Location: England
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm

If your consistently false starting surely something has to be because of your centre or QB. Either there not clear in instruction (huddle) or at the L.O.S ?
Hey, Check out my Youtube Channel for more views and analysis of the Bears in addition to other great sporting content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_ ... subscriber
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:00 pm

Change at QB can screw up cadence and timing since you're not used to the subtleties, but Leno's problems are primarily holding calls. How many of those are ticky-tack I couldn't say.
Image
User avatar
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:25 pm

Leno got paid got married then forgot how to play
User avatar
southdakbearfan
Head Coach
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2153
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:52 am

WAB quit wearing his jersey so it’s his fault.
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:13 pm

southdakbearfan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:52 am
WAB quit wearing his jersey so it’s his fault.
You can confirm with @G08 that I wear the stupid thing every game day.
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Location: Armpit of IL.
Posts: 5182
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:44 pm

UOK wrote: From Nagy's commentary today, he was furious over how the first drive of the game set the tone. 3rd and 20 thanks to penalties.
I will be honest, I don’t think Nagy’s furious would be too scary. Kind of Jerry Seinfeld attempting to get pissed and no one buying it.
User avatar
southdakbearfan
Head Coach
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2153
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:36 pm

wab wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:13 pm
southdakbearfan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:52 am
WAB quit wearing his jersey so it’s his fault.
You can confirm with @G08 that I wear the stupid thing every game day.
Then stop!
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Otis Day wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:44 pm
UOK wrote: From Nagy's commentary today, he was furious over how the first drive of the game set the tone. 3rd and 20 thanks to penalties.
I will be honest, I don’t think Nagy’s furious would be too scary. Kind of Jerry Seinfeld attempting to get pissed and no one buying it.
I agree. I'd be more scared on my kids then nagy.
User avatar
Knuckles
Player of the Month
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 am

Not surprising about Leno he's been atrocious all year. I'm curious, who has the most whiffs on blocking? I bet Long's up near the top if not on top.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1503
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:22 am

Otis Day wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:44 pm
UOK wrote: From Nagy's commentary today, he was furious over how the first drive of the game set the tone. 3rd and 20 thanks to penalties.
I will be honest, I don’t think Nagy’s furious would be too scary. Kind of Jerry Seinfeld attempting to get pissed and no one buying it.
It isn't that you'd be terrified of what Nagy would do during a temper tantrum. It's that you like and respect the guy and his opinion means a lot.
Image
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: The most penalized player in the NFL is...

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:15 am

Knuckles wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 am
Not surprising about Leno he's been atrocious all year. I'm curious, who has the most whiffs on blocking? I bet Long's up near the top if not on top.
Long is rated in the bottom 5 in the NFL by PFF. FWIW. He's also the Bears lowest rated OL.

He's only given up one official sack. So I guess he has that going for him.

Return to “Halas Hall”