radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (3-2)
Bears/Saints matchup history
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (4-1)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
IE
Hall of Famer

Thanks!

Welcome back, Mitch. Welcome back to earth, Teddy - you picked the wrong time to face the embarrassed Bear D.

Bear 27
Saint 23

Saints give up 6 yards a play. Run the damn ball.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
WagonForce
MVP

I'm glad this game is at home. Will collect my thoughts and put my (almost certainly wrong) prediction in closer to the game.

Obviously anything is possible with so many games left but in my opinion, the Bears need this win badly if they want to stay in the race for the division.
wab
Mod

Man, I don't know. Mitch is gonna look rough, and facing the Saints D is not going to do him any favors. As much as I'd like to say the running game will get better, I'm just not sure.

Still, Bears will be coming out of a bye...so I'll conservatively predict a win.

Bears 17
Saints 13
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 24
Saints 20
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

To early to predict. I will sit on this awhile. Never know who gets injured the next week. I would lean Saints at the moment though.
UOK
Site Admin

Bears are in a bad spot. I think they'll struggle at home, fans will boo, then there'll be a week's worth of articles about how the players didn't like the fans booing them at home.

Bears 13
Saints 24
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

not to be nitpicky, but shouldn't Bears vs Saints be Week 7?

week 6 is Bears vs bye week
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Damn Statler, you would have to point that out.
GSH
MVP

My first live bears game was against the Saints at soldier field. We lost that one and I fear this one will end the same way.

Beloved: 10

Who Dat: 24
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'm writing this under the assumption that Biscuit returns.

This team needs a revival. The shit hit the fan big time last week.

We are at home.
The starting QB is returning.
The defense was humiliated last week so I think they come out pissed off.
The Saints are starting their backup QB.
I cannot stand Sean Payton.

Biscuit returns with something to prove and wants to put an end to all this Good Biscuit / Bad Biscuit hoodoo that's going around. Allen Robinson cannot be stopped with conventional weapons. Biscuit connects with Robinson on a TD. Burton with another. The offensive line is improved because Long isn't playing. Monty shows up to play. The Kid gets a TD. Eddie Dinero gets a turn scoring.

The defense plays like escaped mental patients, but the Saints get a TD and two FGs. Leonard Floyd gets a sack.

Biscuits & Gravy is back on the menu gentlemen. Enjoy.

Bears 24
Saints 13

Richie
MVP

Bears fight back with a really inspired performance

Bears 24
Saints 17
skamanfrank
Journeyman

My guess would be that the Bears D comes back with a fire lit under their you know whats-its.... But I don't think there will be enough on offense to make it pay off and it ends up a very close game. I hope I'm wrong.

Bears: 13
Saints: 17
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I've had this on the schedule as a loss, and I don't think Teddy Bridgewater changes that. The Bears offense is not going to suddenly come alive because Mitch Trubisky, and a busted up wing, suddenly re-emerge. The defense is going to play really well against the Saints. But they are the Saints, and they are going to get their TD's. Our defense will try and keep it close, but in the end we just don't have the offensive firepower to win a shootout.

Bears - 17
Saints - 27
Last edited by Bears Whiskey Nut on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umbali
MVP

Bears 24
Saints 13

We find our run game. We shut down kamara and Bridgewater struggles.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:48 am The Bears offense is not going to suddenly come alive because Mitch Trubisky, and a busted up wing, suddenly re-emerge.
Dude.

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

The Saints defense is playing very well, and they haven't even had their best dline players on the field together yet this season. Unluckily for Mitch and Monty, they'll have Rankins and Hendrickson. When teams beat the Saints it's because they find a way to pick on Eli Apple or maybe the Saints safeties. Do you believe Mitch can do that? I don't. Teddy isn't going to carve the Bears up but he's got elite playmakers in Kamara and Thomas to do the work for him.

Saints 16
Bears 10
xyt in the discord chats
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

Latimore will be shadowing Robinson so don't expect the A-Rob Security blanket to be there., Needs to be a big day for the remaining receiving threats or it could be messy.

I don't think we will be blown away but I also don't think we can win. That said I was the same regarding the Rams game and was wrong.
Have a great day
Ormazd
MVP

Saints 23, Bears 13
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Now I'm questioning my pick. The Saints barely beat the Jaguars. So who are the Saints now? Maybe the offense just isn't that good without Brees distributing the ball. I think I'm going to go back and revise my score.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:09 pm Now I'm questioning my pick. The Saints barely beat the Jaguars. So who are the Saints now? Maybe the offense just isn't that good without Brees distributing the ball. I think I'm going to go back and revise my score.
Lol, just logged in to say that the Saints only put up 13 on the Jags.

Also, last week I switched from Grizzly to Red Man. The Red Man is gone and I switched to Levi Garrett. Let's see what that does. :)
Richie
MVP

I'm actually pretty confident in a win here. New Orleans has strolled cozily through a bad schedule (notably teams with struggling offense) doing very little offensively themselves and catching some really nice breaks. The one game where they did play a good team with a good offense (Seattle) they scored two TD's on SPT's and defense. In

Teddy has been sort of riding the coat tails of the team and it's doomed to fall short at some point. They're living very, very dangerously in these low scoring games. They scored 9, 12 and 13 in three of Teddy's games that came against competent defense. 20 offensively vs Seattle (it's not 2014 anymore... that D is bottom 10 in most categories) and then the one outlier scoring 31 vs a bad TB defense.

They're really going to struggle to get much of anything going, IMO.

Bears also come out looking a little more fresh offensively.

Bears 24
Saints 17
Richie
MVP

Sorry... I forgot I already posted a prediction. Damn, though... I guess I really like that 24-17 score if I came to that conclusion twice.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

We'll see a much improved running game which in turn helps slow the rush and improve the passing game. Mitch is good not great, but the threat of the deep ball returning opens up the short to medium passes.

On defense the loss of Hicks and the relative lack of depth in the middle hurts so the Saints are also able to sustain some drives, but as the field shortens Teddy is unable to get his team into the end zone

Bears 27
Saints 19
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I'm thinking the change on the o-line will inject some life into a unit that's been shitting the bed lately. The run game will see daylight and not have to break tackles 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This will be Montgomery's introduction to the NFL world.

Bears: 30
Saints: 13
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The Saints playing well. Their D seems legit and they have some weapons on O.

Bears 13

Saints 17
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Is there any word yet on if Brees is going to play this game?
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

The defence has to be lights out against a 'going to show the world' Bridgewater while Nagy has out scheme a nasty Saints defence.
Have a great day
UOK
Site Admin

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 am Is there any word yet on if Brees is going to play this game?
Barring smokescreens, it's highly unlikely.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/10 ... -bye-week/
Funkster
MVP

This game is huge, the bears need this win to stay in contention in the north. Teddy is playing well and his comeback story is awesome, however, he hasn’t faced a bears defense, that unit got embarrassed in London in a game that was supposed to be Mack’s reckoning. I’m expecting big things from them this game. I wouldn’t want to be Teddy this game.

Offensively, it’s sounds like Trubisky will be back and he’ll need a big game to silent the critics. He’s had some time to think, watch and hopefully grow. The bears really need him to step up or this team won’t see the playoffs. I would like to see Trubisky bring out the gunslinger he once was and put away Mr. Conservative once and for all! See it, send it.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve