Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

The latest Bears news and talk

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20609
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:07 am

WEEK 12
----------------------------------------
Sunday, November 24th, 2019 - 12 Noon CDT
venue: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
television: FOX
streams: reddit
radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (4-6)
Image
----------------------------------------
Bears/Giants matchup history
----------------------------------------
NEW YORK GIANTS (2-8)
Image
----------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
----------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20609
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 am

Bears are bumslayers and are fighting to keep the pick they gave to Oakland a non top-10.

Bears win because the Giants are garbage. Barkley gets nearly 200 yards of offense in but Daniel Jones throws 3 picks and suddenly things are okay. Trubisky doesn't play second half. Piniero misses two more FGs.

Bears "win" by a final of 17-13.
Image
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Location: Armpit of IL.
Posts: 5333
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:33 am

Well, Bears are bums themselves. This is a pick 'em game.

Not impressed with much that is going on with this team at the moment. The O sucks and the D plays just well enough to lose.

Daniel Jones shows that he is a decent QB and leads the giants on 2 nice, time consuming drives the second half to put the game away. Bears O futility continues, because, well, Nagy is still calling the plays.
Giants D scores a tuddy.

Giants 20
Bears 10
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15113
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:02 pm

I want to see who is starting QB for us first.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:38 pm

I think Chase Daniel plays in this one.

At the end of the game Daniel stands on a milk crate and explains to the media why he threw 2 passes to the Giants’ MLB and how he needs to get better.

The Bears do manage to score a TD in garbage time.

Giants 17
Bears 10
Image
User avatar
Moriarty
MVP
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm

They're already taking on water rapidly, with the "Chase was taking snaps and throwing passes, even if no camera or person not on the team saw it" thing.

They can't retain any shred of credibility if Mitch starts Sunday.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15113
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Moriarty wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm

They can't retain any shred of credibility if Mitch starts Sunday.
Why? It's 7 days after the "hip injury" occurred and tightened on him. QBs play through more after a week of rehab and muscle relaxers.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
GSH
Assistant Coach
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:04 pm

NY 16

CHI 9
Image
User avatar
IE
Hall of Famer
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 6020
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:02 pm

Daniel starts:
Bear 24
Giant 17

Turdbiscuit starts:
Bear 13
Giant 17
Image
User avatar
southdakbearfan
Head Coach
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Bears 19 Gnats 12
User avatar
AZ_Bearfan
Pro Bowler
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 am

Bears: 21
Giants: 19
Image
User avatar
Ormazd
MVP
Location: Peoples Republic of Virginia
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:41 am

Giants 3, Bears 0
Image
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 7885
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 am

It really depends who starts.

Trubisky
Bears - 17
Giants - 10

Daniel v. Giants redux
Giants - 16
Bears 9
User avatar
Richie
MVP
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:54 am

I hope to see Daniel. I think it sends a bad message to the rest of the team at this point if you're willing to tolerate Trubisky's play without giving the guy behind him a shot. I don't think this level of play would be tolerated at any other position. Not by a long shot.

Sometimes the week after your season goes out the window is when guys relax a bit. They'll play well and then we'll get to listen to all of them say "Things finally clicked!". Club dub will take place at 5-6 and three games out of a playoff spot.

Bears 28
Giants 17

Saquon goes for 100+ and two TD's but we force a handful of turnovers against Jones. Montgomery and Allen Robinson have solid days. Both get in the end zone.
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20609
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Image
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3342
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:00 pm

I don't think the starting QB is going to make much of a difference in the result. Biscuit can make flashier plays, but more errors. Daniel plays more efficient, but lacks all flash. In different ways, both guys reduce the playbook.

Giants have averaged giving up 32 PPG the last 6 games. Our O doesn't turn the ball over much and that's our saving grace.

Giants 13
Bears 19
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
Boris13c
Hall of Famer
Contact:
Location: The Bear Nebula
Posts: 14756
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:26 pm

I think this is going to be a very craptastic game, hopefully played in very bad weather so both teams suffer

I think Mitch is going to try to show he can take charge and becomes too aggressive, leading to 2 interceptions

I think Daniel Jones will be pressured into matching Mitch with 2 interceptions of his own

I think the over / under on fumbles by both teams is 3 ... I'll take the over with the Bears losing 2 and the Giants losing 2

and after almost 60 minutes of watered down horseshit, the Bears will win because Kyle Fuller actually holds on to an interception late and returns it for a pick 6

Bears 20
Giants 15
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula
User avatar
AZ_Bearfan
Pro Bowler
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Image
User avatar
Richie
MVP
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm

AZ_Bearfan wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 pm
Mitch practices in full.

Well then...
User avatar
AZ_Bearfan
Pro Bowler
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

He said the hip is "night and day" better than on Sunday for whatever that's worth.
Image
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15113
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm

He's in line to start Sunday. I don't think anyone should be surprised unless they actually bought into the benching nonsense.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
IE
Hall of Famer
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 6020
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 pm

This benching thing IS pretty silly/weird. They're claiming he was hurt ... but playing-wise he showed little sign of being hurt. He was screwing up - but physically he looked exactly the same as he has all season. Night and day? Which is which? He's looked horrible 90%+ of the season.

I really still don't buy it - that he was actually hurt and it was impacting his play. Looking back to the preseason, every single thing they've tried to sell us on 10 has been just plain crap. He wasn't protected in the preseason - he was hidden. The problem is now, they can't hide him.

If he plays this week, I'll take the benching as a phase toward the end - a warning shot across his bow that Nagy is willing to pull the trigger if he continues to play poorly. Which he will. Of course. Because no matter how many chances/bites we give a turdbiscuit, it isn't going to start tasting good. People will of course argue that the flavor is growing on them at times. But....
Image
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15113
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:03 pm

IE wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 pm
This benching thing IS pretty silly/weird. They're claiming he was hurt ... but playing-wise he showed little sign of being hurt. He was screwing up - but physically he looked exactly the same as he has all season. Night and day? Which is which? He's looked horrible 90%+ of the season.

I really still don't buy it - that he was actually hurt and it was impacting his play. Looking back to the preseason, every single thing they've tried to sell us on 10 has been just plain crap. He wasn't protected in the preseason - he was hidden. The problem is now, they can't hide him.

If he plays this week, I'll take the benching as a phase toward the end - a warning shot across his bow that Nagy is willing to pull the trigger if he continues to play poorly. Which he will. Of course. Because no matter how many chances/bites we give a turdbiscuit, it isn't going to start tasting good. People will of course argue that the flavor is growing on them at times. But....


One of many that state you can see he was hurt.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
docc
Head Coach
Location: Dry Heat
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Yep/ Saw it..stiff legged the throw. Why the option play knowing he can't get to the outside or move up..and short side ?
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15113
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm

Nagy has always said if a player is "good to go" he is not approaching his play-calling or utilization of the player as anything less than 100%. That's why you saw the roll-outs and option plays while Trubisky was banged up.

Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.

I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally. He got kneed in the hip, it tightened up, he was hurting the team more than he was helping so he got yanked. It's honestly that bland and boring. There's no master conspiracy.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
Richie
MVP
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 am

G08 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm
Nagy has always said if a player is "good to go" he is not approaching his play-calling or utilization of the player as anything less than 100%. That's why you saw the roll-outs and option plays while Trubisky was banged up.

Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.

I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally. He got kneed in the hip, it tightened up, he was hurting the team more than he was helping so he got yanked. It's honestly that bland and boring. There's no master conspiracy.
I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally.
You spend a lot of time being "taken aback" when it comes to Mitch. Huh?
Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.
Yeah, he was so badly injured that he's not even on the injury report and practiced fully about 60 hours later.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15113
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:29 am

Richie wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 am
G08 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm
Nagy has always said if a player is "good to go" he is not approaching his play-calling or utilization of the player as anything less than 100%. That's why you saw the roll-outs and option plays while Trubisky was banged up.

Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.

I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally. He got kneed in the hip, it tightened up, he was hurting the team more than he was helping so he got yanked. It's honestly that bland and boring. There's no master conspiracy.
I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally.
You spend a lot of time being "taken aback" when it comes to Mitch. Huh?
Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.
Yeah, he was so badly injured that he's not even on the injury report and practiced fully about 60 hours later.
Taken aback by the stupidity and almost burning desire to turn a simple occurrence into a soap opera.

Thanks for reading!
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
Mr.Irrelevant
Journeyman
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Getting a little testy in here.

Eventually we're going to have that breakout game, right?
Bears 27
Giants 13
MoFugger
Head Coach
Posts: 2441
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Richie wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah, he was so badly injured that he's not even on the injury report and practiced fully about 60 hours later.
Yeah. Because such a thing has never...EVER... Occurred in the NFL before.

Just my opinion, but you seem almost desperate to have this be something it's not.
User avatar
Richie
MVP
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Re: Wk 12 // CHICAGO BEARS vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:00 am

MoFugger wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 pm
Richie wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah, he was so badly injured that he's not even on the injury report and practiced fully about 60 hours later.
Yeah. Because such a thing has never...EVER... Occurred in the NFL before.

Just my opinion, but you seem almost desperate to have this be something it's not.
I have not once even criticized the Bears or Nagy for what happened. I get it. So, it would seem that you are projecting a lot onto that post.

I do not recall a starting QB leaving the game hurt or "purely injury purposes" on a Sunday and then not missing a single beat with practice/preparation for the next game. A full go all week without a hitch. If it has happened; it is certainly not the norm. So, your incredulous reaction is not a substitute for a coherent talking point.

I find it next to impossible to believe that he would have been pulled had he been playing well. Therefore, my speculation is that it is that it was not purely for "injury". It's that simple. 2 + 2 = 4.

It's really that simple. I can't even begin to tell you how much I don't give a shit about the story. I think it's incredibly silly that fans and media are sensationalizing what happened. As if it was a monumental display of organizational incompetence.

So, go take that nonsense to someone who is actually doing that. Thanks

Return to “Halas Hall”